Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
1587177210783.png

This is my map for the Telephone Map Game v4. I received a map set in the year 1518, which talked about European colonialism in the New World and mentioned the words "Francia" and "Hispania." I speculated on what Europe would look like in the same universe: Because the Carolingian Empire of the Franks lasted until the 16th century, I speculated that other major empires from the Middle Ages (Magyars, Bulgars, Byzantines, Seljuks) survived into the 16th century as well, and the ideas of large centralized empires took precedent over the ideas of small feudal principalities and kingdoms.

I get it that the South is Ukraine and West coast presumably are Baltic countries but what with another post-Soviet countries?

I'd say that Kentucky-Missouri is Belarus and the states in Oklahoma are the Central Asian states. In the end only Moldova, Georgia, Azerbaijan, and Armenia are missing.

I get it that the South is Ukraine and West coast presumably are Baltic countries but what with another post-Soviet countries?
The states in Oklahoma are probably native states, similar to the Central Asian states. Both are states with artificial borders, created to be ethnically coherent

Edit: ninja'd XD

ddxci1a-a79dd604-4f91-4313-a513-c005029f2c10.png

The First Soviet War would be triggered by the failure to resolve the Latvia Crisis, which resulted in the Soviet invasion of Zapadoslavia. This quickly escalated as Britain and France would join in accordance with a military pact made at the end of the Great German War. The Axis would declare war against the Soviets to push them out of Hungary and Romania, which was already being invaded by the Soviets at the time. The Polish front would bog down as Polish, British, French, and German troops would turn everything west of the Vistula to a fortress. Despite this, the Soviets would cross the river to the west, although at high costs. The Axis would stop the Soviet advance in Hungary, but they couldn't advance beyond that. The Chinese Civil War would intensify as the Soviets and Allies would send supplies to the Chinese. America would join the war in 1950 following the sinking of American vessels off the coast of Nanking. This caused the involvement of South Korea and Occupied Japan in the war. Soon, the Allies and Axis would launch Operation Resilience, which plans for an all-out offensive across the European front.

Last edited:
My Contribution to the 4th edition of the telephone map game:
ddu8n74-28145091-3592-4551-92ac-9e970c005574.jpg

Description:
Received a 2012 map (from Mikroraptor) in which A lesser Roman Empire (with Territories in N.America) was at war with a number of surrounding nations trying to tear bits off of it. Seemed like it had seen better days and it seemed likely that some of Rome's antagonists had only recently been part of Rome. I wanted to show Rome at its height before its decline in the late 20th C without showing it directly. Here Rome is settling Antarctica in the 60's while reminiscing about old medieval glories. In my head Rome is kind of like a giant Switzerland with three core cultural Groups dominating the country though obviously, being Rome, having A number of other minority groups. Also In my head is the discovery of the new world, not due to a pressure to find profitable trade routs but accidental discovery by British/Iberian/Scandinavian fisherman operating off the coast of Newfoundland. Result of this is basically very limited settlement of the region by Europeans at initially, massively higher numbers of non-euopeans still living on the continent, the limiting of European settlement to the north and the east of the continent and a long term survival / independence for N.American native civilizations in and around Mexico.

1587238663617.png

I decided to play a map game with myself, as the TOD is set in 1714. This Depicts 1940

Some Considerations:
France lost a recent war
That isn't the Ottomans, it's the Tricontinental Pact.
Germany is the HRE as an Unified State.
The small red blob near Poland is actually communist and has been so since 1840 or so.

If you have any questions, let me know.

View attachment 540299
I decided to play a map game with myself, as the TOD is set in 1714. This Depicts 1940

Some Considerations:
France lost a recent war
The small red blob near Poland is actually communist and has been so since 1840 or so.

The Tricontinental Pact does look very Ottoman when you don't notice Spain however.

What is the POD?
Also what exactly is the Tricontinental Pact?
Is Austria/Hapsburgs the HRE Emperor or some other house?

The Silver tide.png

The Year is 1942, the month of January. It has been seven months since the appearance of Earth's twin planet, Mondas and the corresponding invasion of Earth by our twins, the Cybermen. To think only seven months ago we were tearing each other's throats out and now are in a desperate alliance against a global invasion of cybernetic humans. I guess we should talk about where this all began, it was June 21st, 1941, when lights were spotted dashing across the entire planet, people immediately dismissed them as shooting stars, but there were more, thousands of these lights appeared in the skies of almost every nation. Nobody knew what they were. Then the landings started, in every major nation's capital the Cybermen landed.

Most capitals fell overnight, with prominent world leaders like Winston Churchill and Benito Mussolini dying in the crossfire, other individuals were captured and converted into Cybermen, like the royal family, Hermann Goring and saddest of all, President Roosevelt. Otherworld leaders were able to escape mostly unharmed and had to try to explain what just happened, unfortunately these weren't the only landings. Following the first incursions, more of the cybermen soldiers landed with what we deem as "Processing." ships. They began started rapidly capturing territory first targetting major urban centers and then expanding outwards as the Cybermens forces slowly expanded. The Cybermen also attacked vital military points, with a specific focus on the border between the soviet union and nazi germany destroying majority of the forces on both sides of the borders, and taking any captured for processing.

That was Seventh months ago, and the only thing that has kept humanity alive has been the furiousity of Japanese soldiers, even though majority of their mainland was captured have been fighting like hell to prevent any more destruction. The Soviets who like the Japanese have been fighting like hell against the "Silver Turks." as they call them, our best scientist across the world be it German, American or British trying their best to reverse engineer Cyber tech. But our best advantage is that the cybermen did not do well in combat in hot or jungle filled environments, making it a fair fight when combat occurred in the desert and jungle.

We currently do not know how many Cybermen there are if they have been converted captured populace into more of them, but it has to be in the tens of millions. We have been able to down a few transport ships that were heading back to Mondas, and have found tens of thousands of the bastards on board, but hey more technology for us to research. The Silver menace is still marching, but have been slowed down by our efforts. I pray to God that maybe we can try to push back against this tide.

View attachment 540299

Some Considerations:
France lost a recent war

Nice map and cool scenario! How exactly do you play a map game with yourself? I tried to do the same thing ages ago, but it never really worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.