Can someone please make a map of 1914 Europe, with one change - have Germany and Austria-Hungary keep all of what they got in the partitions of Poland. (IOTL, Russia took some of that in 1815)

Used here in the sense of 'crashing economic downturn' (A little too fancifully, one must admit).:happyblush

If you go with uru hammer's shield, I would suggest you update the flag to incorporate the 3 moons design instead of the traditional one (probably put the half moon near the pointy bit). Having the traditional arms on the flag but an updated one as the COA would be odd in my mind as I can't really think of an OTL example of this.

That's a fair point, though it should be noted that quite a few nations have coats of arms which do not actually resemble their national flags in terms of design - consider England, which uses the cross of Saint George on its standards, but the three lions on its shields! (I admit this may be a case of wishing to have my cake and eat it, but I do think the logic is sound enough anyway). :)

If you want additional changes, just ask. I like doing the work. I also tend to like Marc's work, too, so I am not surprised you like it.

Thank You most kindly for your courtesy and your generosity! May I please request a version of your design that shows the shield separate from Saint Piran's cross? (Thank You again for your consideration).

That's a fair point, though it should be noted that quite a few nations have coats of arms which do not actually resemble their national flags in terms of design - consider England, which uses the cross of Saint George on its standards, but the three lions on its shields! (I admit this may be a case of wishing to have my cake and eat it, but I do think the logic is sound enough anyway). :)

That's usually completely unrelated arms and flags though. A comparison would be if england used a red cross on white as its flag but a gold cross on red as its COA. Its not impossible but it would look, well, odd.

Used here in the sense of 'crashing economic downturn' (A little too fancifully, one must admit).:happyblush

Thank You most kindly for your courtesy and your generosity! May I please request a version of your design that shows the shield separate from Saint Piran's cross? (Thank You again for your consideration).
shield.png

Flags for this. (Old stuff between me and @Joshua Ben Ari.)

Basic backstory: Earth colonized much of the Solar System before Earth is wiped out sometime in the 22th century, leaving the rest of Sol to fend for themselves.

Mars: Federal constitutional monarchy and parliamentary democracy. (think Canada/Australia; includes Mars, Deimos and Phobos, 4 Vesta, Ceres) Primarily European, and British/Commonwealth. Joint Windsor-Bonapartist Monarchy.

Luna: Unitary presidential republic. (includes Moon, Venus, Mercury; claims the Earth ruins as well) Official the true Successor to the United Nations/an UN-like organization/united Earth government.

Flags for this. (Old stuff between me and @Joshua Ben Ari.)

Basic backstory: Earth colonized much of the Solar System before Earth is wiped out sometime in the 22th century, leaving the rest of Sol to fend for themselves.

Mars: Federal constitutional monarchy and parliamentary democracy. (think Canada/Australia; includes Mars, Deimos and Phobos, 4 Vesta, Ceres) Primarily European, and British/Commonwealth. Joint Windsor-Bonapartist Monarchy.

Luna: Unitary presidential republic. (includes Moon, Venus, Mercury; claims the Earth ruins as well) Official the true Successor to the United Nations/an UN-like organization/united Earth government.

for mars, the monarchy could be represented by a design that combines a simplified version of the Union Jack and the diamond patterned flags used by some imperial french client states and regiments. You could then put this in canton of a blue ensign defaced with the astronomical symbol for mars.
mars.jpg

For Luna, what about a flag that keeps the general design of the UN flag but replaced the earth map with a crescent and changing the colours to grey and gold.
luna.jpg

for mars, the monarchy could be represented by a design that combines a simplified version of the Union Jack and the diamond patterned flags used by some imperial french client states and regiments. You could then put this in canton of a blue ensign defaced with the astronomical symbol for mars.
View attachment 535081

For Luna, what about a flag that keeps the general design of the UN flag but replaced the earth map with a crescent and changing the colours to grey and gold.
View attachment 535082

These are really awesome and I really love the deigns and ideas behind them, thank you.

@Joshua Ben Ari, what do you think?

1585762856161.png

Hi, recently I made this card for my own universe. I would like to try to redo it in Worlda format but unfortunately I can't produce something of good quality. I wanted to know if a charitable soul was ready to give me a helping hand by reproducing the map with only the rivers. My map corresponds in size to Europe with in addition the Mediterranean and North Africa.
1585763060512.png

It matches this map a little bit to give you an idea, but if it's bigger I don't mind (it might even work for me).
Thank you in advance to whoever does me this favor.

View attachment 535081

View attachment 535082

Holy hell, that's beautiful...

Thank you once more. As for the supporter symbolically I think a quasi realistic shark would be better than a European heraldic dolphin but aesthetically I prefer the dolphin to the shark. I have looked but couldn't find a shark that was viewed from the side as I would prefer however. Ultimately, I think I lean towards the dolphin (facing up).
On looking at this again, I decided that rather than going with the less-good option of the dolphin, I would take this opportunity to improve my Inkscape skills and just draw the shark supporter myself, from a pic. I'm actually quite pleased with how it came out* - I hope you like it too!
Pacifica 2011-2013: CoA_Dominion_Pacifica_w_Shark_2011-2013_for_Gokbay_897x650_FG.png
*Actually, looking at it now, the black is a bit dominant. Would you prefer grey for the shark instead?
Image created by FriendlyGhost using inkscape.
In accordance with the attribution terms of the licences noted below, you are free to use this image, including adaptation, as long as you give attribution. On this site (alternatehistory.com), it is sufficient to @ my username. On other sites, link to my profile page here.
Some of the constituent parts of this image were taken from images in the public domain, as follows:
(1) Lion supporter and crown from UK Royal Coat of Arms (English version);
(2) Fiji symbology from Coat of Arms of Fiji;
(3) Kiribati symbology from Coat of Arms of Kiribati;
(4) Solomon Islands symbology from 1956-1978 Badge of the Solomon Islands;
(5) Right-hand (sinister) motto scroll amended (recoloured, text changed) from Coat of Arms of the Solomon Islands;
(6) Tonga symbology from Coat of Arms of Tonga.
(X) For specific licence terms, see the linked pages.
All/any other parts of the image are by me.

On looking at this again, I decided that rather than going with the less-good option of the dolphin, I would take this opportunity to improve my Inkscape skills and just draw the shark supporter myself, from a pic. I'm actually quite pleased with how it came out* - I hope you like it too!
Pacifica 2011-2013: View attachment 535141
*Actually, looking at it now, the black is a bit dominant. Would you prefer grey for the shark instead?
Image created by FriendlyGhost using inkscape.
In accordance with the attribution terms of the licences noted below, you are free to use this image, including adaptation, as long as you give attribution. On this site (alternatehistory.com), it is sufficient to @ my username. On other sites, link to my profile page here.
Some of the constituent parts of this image were taken from images in the public domain, as follows:
(1) Lion supporter and crown from UK Royal Coat of Arms (English version);
(2) Fiji symbology from Coat of Arms of Fiji;
(3) Kiribati symbology from Coat of Arms of Kiribati;
(4) Solomon Islands symbology from 1956-1978 Badge of the Solomon Islands;
(5) Right-hand (sinister) motto scroll amended (recoloured, text changed) from Coat of Arms of the Solomon Islands;
(6) Tonga symbology from Coat of Arms of Tonga.
(X) For specific licence terms, see the linked pages.
All/any other parts of the image are by me.

Damn. Great Work. You are going above and beyond what would normally be expected. Thank you so much.

As for the colouring of the Shark I am not sure but I kinda feel like grey would be better too. Or maybe the blue that is used on the shark supporter of the modern Solomon Islands Coat of Arms (that one is viewed from below instead of the side of course but I think you get what I mean)?

View attachment 535101
Hi, recently I made this card for my own universe. I would like to try to redo it in Worlda format but unfortunately I can't produce something of good quality. I wanted to know if a charitable soul was ready to give me a helping hand by reproducing the map with only the rivers. My map corresponds in size to Europe with in addition the Mediterranean and North Africa.
View attachment 535102
It matches this map a little bit to give you an idea, but if it's bigger I don't mind (it might even work for me).
Thank you in advance to whoever does me this favor.
Here's your map using the green/blue of the worlda. I haven't resized it, as that would then involve re-checking/re-doing all the coastlines and I don't have time to do that - sorry.
Recoloured_worlda_colours__1585762856161.png (click the thumbnail for the full-size image)

Damn. Great Work. You are going above and beyond what would normally be expected. Thank you so much.

As for the colouring of the Shark I am not sure but I kinda feel like grey would be better too. Or maybe the blue that is used on the shark supporter of the modern Solomon Islands Coat of Arms (that one is viewed from below instead of the side of course but I think you get what I mean)?
Okay, I'll try both the grey and blue tomorrow.

I am about to create a Future History Thread about a Post Apocalyptic world (COVID based), and For my first Post, I was wanting to Focus on a family Clan-based New Zealand
View attachment 533563 example
To do so, I am requesting a High detail (blank) Physical Map of the Auckland region/ North island and South Island. Rivers would be requested.

-High Detail North Island blank Physical
-High Detail South Island blank Physical
-High Detail Auckland blank physical
View attachment 533565View attachment 533566 Example

I have a bit of spare time to tackle this. What sort of dimensions / file format are you looking for?

I normally do not ask for a request but would anyone happen to have a flag of Mexico if it was colonized by a surviving Al-Andalus?

I patched together this map for Austria-Hungary the other day, but I find it suboptimal. The Crowns are overcomplicated and have different shades of gold. The Austrian Crown is also poorly cut out and is in a bad angle. Could someone please make a better, fixed version?
Austria-Hungary Flag Elaborate.png

I normally do not ask for a request but would anyone happen to have a flag of Mexico if it was colonized by a surviving Al-Andalus?

Not really any historical flags to go on in regard to Al-Andalus (Cordoba and the Umayyad Caliphate date to before there was such a thing as a single national or subnational flag) but one possibility would be to keep the OTL mexican colours but put the shahadah within a khatim pattern.

mx-muslim.png