The Queen is Dead!: Katherine of Aragon dies in 1518

Not impossible, though. Or I could use Bridget of York, if she's still alive.
She was a nun and far away from court, unlike Katherine, pretty unlikely she would be godmother....
She died in 1517, before the POD.
Then she is out of the list...
Elizabeth Stafford Howard, Duchess of Norfolk or Catherine Spencer Percy, Countess of Northumberland are both valid choices being related to both the King (by blood) and the Queen (by marriage)

Catherine Spencer Percy it is then. I doubt Henry would want a Stafford for godmother, given Buckingham's shenanigans, even a former one. (Yes, Yes, I know Kathy was godmother to little Wlliam, but she's already proved her loyalty beyond a shadow of a doubt)

Catherine Spencer Percy it is then. I doubt Henry would want a Stafford for godmother, given Buckingham's shenanigans, even a former one. (Yes, Yes, I know Kathy was godmother to little Wlliam, but she's already proved her loyalty beyond a shadow of a doubt)
Elizabeth Howard is still tied more than once to the Boleyns so pretty unlikely to be disloyal but Catherine Percy is a good choice...

Finally glad to have catched the last chapters, and things are starting again to turn for the better. Sort of. But still a nice improvement from the more worse events.

Welcome. Now, that bigger belly than expected... twins?

You're not the first to say that. ;) I took some inspiration from this challenge over on FFNet:

The Tiny Tudors Challenge

We all know that things could have been very different for Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn if Elizabeth had had a twin brother. What about if she was one of a higher order of multiple births? Write a story where, on the 7th of September 1533, Anne gives birth to quadruplets*.

Requirements

- All four babies must survive. Ideally, I’d like two boys and two girls but, if you prefer, Elizabeth can be the only girl.

- The reaction of at least two of the following to news of the four new arrivals: Katherine of Aragon, Papa Boleyn, Chapuys, Mary Tudor, Cromwell, Brandon and the Pope.

- Confusion in the nursery, especially since they need to remember which baby is the Prince of Wales and which one is the Duke of York (plus the Duke of Somerset, if there are three boys) so they don’t wind up with the wrong one as heir to the throne and so the babies are carried in the right order of precedence for their christening and stuff.

- Henry becoming obsessed with the celebrations for the birth, since lots of babies call for lots of celebrating, especially when there are at least a couple of boys in the mix.

* If you really want to, you can opt for a higher order of multiple births but I picked quadruplets because there are records of sets surviving before the advent of modern medical technology, and there have also been some pretty heavy sets of them (“ouch” moment for the mother who gave birth to the set of quads weighing in at more than 26 pounds collectively!) so it’d be feasible... just about... for Anne to bear a surviving set in the sixteenth century.

VVD0D95

Banned
You're not the first to say that. ;) I took some inspiration from this challenge over on FFNet:

The Tiny Tudors Challenge

We all know that things could have been very different for Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn if Elizabeth had had a twin brother. What about if she was one of a higher order of multiple births? Write a story where, on the 7th of September 1533, Anne gives birth to quadruplets*.

Requirements

- All four babies must survive. Ideally, I’d like two boys and two girls but, if you prefer, Elizabeth can be the only girl.

- The reaction of at least two of the following to news of the four new arrivals: Katherine of Aragon, Papa Boleyn, Chapuys, Mary Tudor, Cromwell, Brandon and the Pope.

- Confusion in the nursery, especially since they need to remember which baby is the Prince of Wales and which one is the Duke of York (plus the Duke of Somerset, if there are three boys) so they don’t wind up with the wrong one as heir to the throne and so the babies are carried in the right order of precedence for their christening and stuff.

- Henry becoming obsessed with the celebrations for the birth, since lots of babies call for lots of celebrating, especially when there are at least a couple of boys in the mix.

* If you really want to, you can opt for a higher order of multiple births but I picked quadruplets because there are records of sets surviving before the advent of modern medical technology, and there have also been some pretty heavy sets of them (“ouch” moment for the mother who gave birth to the set of quads weighing in at more than 26 pounds collectively!) so it’d be feasible... just about... for Anne to bear a surviving set in the sixteenth century.
That challenge has piqued me interest, I may need to try something

I just need names and then I’m golden, henry and Elizabeth seem reasonable, maybe Edward and Margaret is Anne?

I love Cecily as a name for the period, or Eleanor, but Margaret and Anne work too. I think I'd go with Henry or Edward for the Prince of Wales, George for the Duke of York, and then Elizabeth and Anne or Margaret for the girls. All from both sides of the family that way. 🙂

VVD0D95

Banned
I love Cecily as a name for the period, or Eleanor, but Margaret and Anne work too. I think I'd go with Henry or Edward for the Prince of Wales, George for the Duke of York, and then Elizabeth and Anne or Margaret for the girls. All from both sides of the family that way. 🙂
Awesome :)

Section CXXXIX - October 1523
Greenwich, October 1523
When Edith Dudley brought Henry news that Dr Linacre had finished his examination of the Queen, he thanked her and immediately sent for the man to wait upon him.

“Thomas! What news of the Queen?” he called jovially, as soon as the other man appeared in his doorway.

“Sire,” Sir Thomas Linacre bowed, “I have given Her Majesty a sleeping draught laced with tears of the poppy for the pain. She is resting now and all seems to be progressing as one would expect in her condition.”

“Thank you, Thomas.” Henry beamed in gratitude, tossing the man an angel.

He caught it neatly, before venturing, “Sire, if I might?”

“Go on,” Henry waved a hand.

“I took the liberty of examining Her Grace once she had fallen asleep. It is my belief what she may be carrying more than one child in her womb.”

Henry’s jaw dropped, “More than one child?”

“Yes, Sire. Of course, until Her Majesty quickens, there is no way of knowing for sure, but my theory might explain why her belly is swelling so quickly and why she is experiencing such great discomfort.”

“By God, if this is true, Thomas, it would be the most joyous news in Christendom!”

“Aye, Sire, but I feel I must warn Your Grace, multiple births are always more dangerous than single births. The chances of your having to choose between the life of the mother and the life or lives of the children will be even higher than normal.”

“Nonsense. God will protect Marie and the children, I’m sure of it!” Henry leapt to his feet, riding high on a sudden surge of glorious confidence. Thomas Linacre bowed his head.

“I hope and pray so, Sire. But I warn you, even if, in His mercy, He sees fit to spare them all, He may not see fit to bless Your Majesties with another child, especially not given the difficulty of Prince William’s birth last year.”

“It doesn’t matter,” Henry said firmly, quashing his own doubts as he spoke, “A multiple birth is a sure sign of the Lord’s favour, Thomas. My children with Marie will usher in a golden world, I’m sure of it.”

“My Lord,” Dr Linacre bowed again and retreated as Henry waved him away. For his part, Henry called for a cloak and went out into the gardens, mind whirling with all he had been told.