The Footprint of Mussolini - TL

@Sorairo What is the music scene like ITTL?

How much has pop culture been affected ITTL?

Music evolved pretty much as OTL due to the same technological changes. Interesting points of divergence would include Metal and Hard Rock being more associated with the Mediteranean than East Europe/Scandanavia due to Fascist influence.

Indian and Chinese cinema is far more prominent, Japanese pop-culture is more nationalistic, Drug-culture is nowhere near as strong, the Vietnamese have their own voice in international affairs and Israel are about as uncontroversial good guys as the UK/US. But the question is a bit to vague to pin down specific answers. Africa and Asia are a bit more socially liberal (with the obvious exceptions of the settler states) while Europe is a bit more conservative.

Part of the problem I have is that Ben Gurion was portrayed a little too charitably. He certainly wasn't a monster but he wasn't all for arab equality either. He saw the peel commission as temporary and even amongst the arab high commission they wanted to give jews rights even as they blocked immigration

Part of the problem I have is that Ben Gurion was portrayed a little too charitably. He certainly wasn't a monster but he wasn't all for arab equality either. He saw the peel commission as temporary and even amongst the arab high commission they wanted to give jews rights even as they blocked immigration

I'm aware of all that - but he was never the sort of person who wanted to kill millions, as he ultimately was forced to sign off to on Samson.

The political divisions of the US can be cited this way:

1) Freedomites: We'll help the poor man keep the godless abortionists away.

2) Republicans: If your black or gay you (might) be allowed into our country club.

I can imagine an ITTL pundit calling the Republicans the party of liberal millionaires.

@Sorairo How developed is French Algeria ITTL?

Also, how resemblant is the cultural and political identity of French Alergia with the mainland?

French Algeria is about 50% White and 50% Berber/Arab. Algeria is a synonym for racial tensions and division, especially when Islamist terrorism became a serious menace in the 1960s/70s, with it being consequently pretty underdeveloped compared to mainland France, but still about Poland levels.

I'm aware of all that - but he was never the sort of person who wanted to kill millions, as he ultimately was forced to sign off to on Samson.
Oh he wasn't. But you have him see the rejection of the peel commission as a bad thing when he himself had....dicey views shall we say. It's a tragedy but I do think that the arabs got treated to badly

Pretty much. The fact that he was still torn up about his decision long after the deed was done shows how horrifying it was.

Oh he wasn't. But you have him see the rejection of the peel commission as a bad thing when he himself had....dicey views shall we say. It's a tragedy but I do think that the arabs got treated to badly

He's trying to justify his actions to himself - he's not in the right state of mind. He's trying to convince himself they had it coming.

He's trying to justify his actions to himself - he's not in the right state of mind. He's trying to convince himself they had it coming.

He was like any other human being: a man clouded by both racism and opportunism. But the fact is that unlike Ben-Gurion, Aflaq and his goons wouldn't have lost an ounce of sleep over the annihilation of the enemy.

Ben Gurion's actions were driven by desperation and centuries of oppression and persecution. Aflaq was a sick asshole who would've enjoyed the slaughter of his entire enemy.