List of Alternate Monarchs and Aristocratic Lineage

That is the point. A wedding celebrated but not consummated need to be annulled and that is more complicated to do than breaking a simple engagement/contract... And I have found a copy of my scenario

What if Edward of Westminster is born a girl here, married to TTL Edward V?

So to the son of Edward of York and Elizabeth of Lancaster/Bedford? Can work...

Out of curiosity, I noticed the name "Jacquetta" in your family tree. But it was also never used for one of Elizabeth Wydeville's daughters (even Jacquetta's other non-royal granddaughters were never given this name), any idea why? Mean, Warwick accused her of witchcraft in the Readeption, but Liz Wydeville had THREE daughters BEFORE that, naming ONE after their royal grandma (Jacquetta) would not be unthinkable, would it?

PC: fate of daughter of Peter the Cruel of Castile in two scenarios:

1) Edward the Black Prince is widowed by 1371-so is Constance married to Black Prince in such case while Isabel marries John of Gaunt? In such case, if Black Prince has kids with Constance then Gaunt can't claim Castilian throne.

2) Blanche of Lancaster lives longer. In such case is Constance married to Edmund of Langley while Isabel marries Thomas of Woodstock?

Dom Teodósio, Duke of Braganza and Prince of Brazil, eldest son and heir of João IV of Portugal, survives his OTL death in 1653.

Teodósio I, King of Portugal (b. 1634, r. 1656-1691, d. 1691) m. Catherine Beatrice of Savoy (b. 1636, d. 1684) [1] in 1657, had issue
1. Infanta Maria Beatriz of Portugal, Queen of England, Scotland, and Ireland (b. 1658, d. 1718) m. James II, King of England, Scotland, and Ireland (b. 1633, r. 1685-1688, d. 1701) in 1673, had issue​
1. Catherine Anne Stuart (b. and d. 1675)​
2. Isabel/Isabella Stuart (b. 1676, d. 1681)​
3. Charles Stuart, Duke of Cambridge (b. and d. 1677)​
4. Charlotte Henrietta Stuart (b. and d. 1682)​
5. Louisa Mary Stuart, Princess of Orange (b. 1688, d. 1765) m. John William Friso, Prince of Orange (b. 1687, d. 1711) in 1709, had issue​
6. James Edward Charles Stuart, Titular King of England, Scotland, and Ireland (b. 1692, d. 1712) unmarried but had illegitimate issue​
2. Infante João of Portugal, Prince of Brazil (b. 1660, d. 1663)​
3. Infante Luís of Portugal, Duke of Barcelos (b. and d. 1662)​
4. Infanta Teodósia Maria of Portugal, Princess of Biera (b. 1664, d. 1733) unmarried, no issue​
5. Pedro II, King of Portugal (b. 1666, r. 1691-1724, d. 1724) m. Maria Sophia of Neuburg (Maria Sophie Elisabeth; b. 1666, d. 1699) in 1687, had issue​
1. Infante João of Portugal, Prince of Biera (João Carlos Francisco António Xavier de Paula Domingos Miguel Gabriel Rafael; b. and d. 1688)​
2. João V, King of Portugal (João Francisco António José Bento Bernardo; b. 1689, d. 1750) m. Maria Anna of Austria (Maria Anna Josepha Antonia Regina; b. 1683, d. 1754) in 1708, had issue​
3. Infante Francisco of Portugal, Duke of Beja (Francisco Xavier José António Bento Urbano; b. 1691, d. 1742) unmarried but had illegitimate issue​
4. Infante Antonio of Portugal (António Francisco Xavier Benedito Teodósio Leopoldo Henrique; b. 1695, d. 1757) unmarried but had illegitimate issue​
5. Infanta Teresa Maria of Portugal (b. 1696, d. 1704)​
6. Infante Manuel of Portugal, Count of Ourém (Manuel José Francisco António Caetano Estêvão Bartolomeu; b. 1697, d. 1766)​
7. Infanta Francisca Josefa (Francisca Josepha Maria Xaviera; b. 1699, d. 1736)​
6. Infanta Luísa Adelaide of Portugal, Duchess of Brunswick-Lüneburg (b. 1667, d. 1725) m. Maximilian Wilhelm, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg (b. 1666, d. 1726) in 1692, had no issue​
7. Infante Afonso of Portugal, Duke of Barcelos (b. 1669, d. 1675)​
8. Infanta Henriqueta Cristina of Portugal, Duchess of Modena (b. 1671, d. 1710) m. Rinaldo d’Este, Duke of Modena (b. 1655, d. 1737) in 1696, had issue​
1. Catarina Maria d’Este (b. 1697, d. 1777)​
2. Francesco III d’Este, Duke of Modena (b. 1698, d. 1780) m. Charlotte Aglaé d’Orléans (b. 1700, d. 1761) in 1720, had issue​
3. Amalia Beatrice d’Este, Marquise of Villeneuf (b. 1699, d. 1778) m. the Marquis de Villeneuf (b. and d. unknown)​
4. Gian Teodosio d’Este (b. 1700, d. 1727)​
5. Enrichetta d’Este (b. 1702, d. 1777) m. Antonio Farnese, Duke of Parma (b. 1679, d. 1731) in 1728, had no issue (a); Leopold of Hesse-Darmstadt (b. Unknown, d. 1764) in 1740, had no issue (b)​
6. Clemente d'Este (b. and d. 1708)​
7. Stillborn daughter (b. and d. 1710)​
9. Infante Diogo of Portugal, Duke of Barcelos (b. 1674, d. 1722) unmarried, no issue​

--

[1] Twin of Henriette Adelaide of Savoy, Electress of Bavaria, OTL she died in infancy.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, I noticed the name "Jacquetta" in your family tree. But it was also never used for one of Elizabeth Wydeville's daughters (even Jacquetta's other non-royal granddaughters were never given this name), any idea why? Mean, Warwick accused her of witchcraft in the Readeption, but Liz Wydeville had THREE daughters BEFORE that, naming ONE after their royal grandma (Jacquetta) would not be unthinkable, would it?
I'm using Jacquetta for a Princess in my TL later down the line. I like the name and it fits my habit for picking unusual names for the Tudor Princes and Princesses - Lionel being a prime example...

I'm using Jacquetta for a Princess in my TL later down the line. I like the name and it fits my habit for picking unusual names for the Tudor Princes and Princesses - Lionel being a prime example...
I have to admit, I love that you used Lionel for Henry VIII's eldest son in your The Queen is Dead TL. You should use Philippa too, in another nod to Edward III.

I do not know why the name Jacquetta was never used? Maybe was reputed too foreign? I used that name because I was more or less forced to add an older daughter to the tree and so I needed a plausible name for ATL Elizabeth who do not forced me to rename every girl

So this is another 'what if x person lived longer and married x other person who didn't exist OTL' thing but yeah. I've had this cooked up for years too, which is probably why it seems so detailed lol.

Albert Victor of Wales, Duke of Clarence and Avondale (Albert Victor Christian Edward; Frogmore House, Windsor, Berkshire, United Kingdom 20 October 1864-Sandringham House, Norfolk, United Kingdom 16 July 1907) marries Princess Frederica of Baden (Friederike Leopoldine Auguste Sophie of Baden; Karlsruhe, Baden, German Empire 15 February 1867-Clarence House, London, United Kingdom 3 May 1946) [1] on 16 June 1888. Albert Victor survives to become Prince of Wales, but sadly does not outlive his father. He and Frederica (known familiarly as Fritta) have the following children, all daughters:

1. Queen Margaret of the United Kingdom (Margaret Alberta Alexandra; Kensington Palace, London, United Kingdom 11 January 1890-Buckingham Palace, London, United Kingdom 26 November 1918) known familiarly as “Marge” or “Margie”; married to her paternal first cousin Alastair Duff, 2nd Duke of Fife on 12 August 1913 at St. Paul’s Cathedral in London, had two children (Amelia, Princess Royal [Amelia Victoria Maud; 29 July 1914] and George, Prince of Wales [Albert Leopold Alexander George; 4 September 1916]); Queen from September 1910; died of meningitis at age 28 while pregnant with her third child​
2. Princess Alexandra of Wales, Titular Queen of Portugal and the Algarves and Mrs. Richard Davies (Alexandra Frederica Louise; Clarence House, London, United Kingdom 25 March 1892-Appleton House, Sandringham Estate, Norfolk, United Kingdom 21 February 1974) known familiarly as “Alicky” or “Sandra”; married (1) to her fourth cousin (in descent from Francis, Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld) the deposed King Manuel II of Portugal on 15 April 1913 in the Drawing Room at Clarence House [2], had one child (Infante Alberto of Portugal, Duke of Braganza [Alberto Frederico Carlos Manuel Alexandre Amélio Luís Filipe Pio; 6 December 1917]), widowed in 1932; married (2) to Mr. Richard Davies on 3 May 1938 at Sandringham House in Norfolk, had no children; died at age 81​
3. Princess Mary of Wales, Princess Maria Alexeievna of Russia (Mary Elizabeth Augusta Georgina Charlotte; Clarence House, London, United Kingdom 6 August 1893-St. Mary’s Hospital, London, United Kingdom 14 October 1959) known familiarly as “Mimi” or “Mim”; married to her fifth cousin (in descent from Duke Charles Louis of Mecklenburg-Strelitz) and third cousin once removed (in descent from Tsar Paul I of Russia) Prince Konstantin Konstantinovich of Russia [3] on 21 June 1912 in St George’s Chapel at Windsor, had two children (Nadia Konstantinovna [30 March 1913] and Tomislav Konstantinovich [26 July 1914] of Russia); widowed in October 1915 [4]; died at age 66​
4. Princess Victoria of Wales, Marchioness of Cambridge (Victoria Louise Catherine Feodora; Clarence House, London, United Kingdom 7 January 1895-Little Abington, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom 28 August 1969) known familiarly as “Vic” or “Ria”; married to her third cousin once removed (in descent from King George III of the United Kingdom) Lord George Cambridge, Earl of Eltham (formerly Prince George of Teck, later 2nd Marquess of Cambridge) on 1 June 1918 in St George’s Chapel at Windsor, had four children (Hugh [Hugh Frederick; 8 April 1922], Sophia [Sophia Helena Frances; 23 March 1923], Patrick [Patrick Albert John; 10 March 1925], and Isobel [Isobel Evelyn Christine; 27 October 1928] Cambridge); Marchioness of Cambridge from 1927; died at age 74​
5. Princess Caroline of Wales, Mrs. Percy Simms [5] (Caroline Victoria Mary Alexandra Margaret; Clarence House, London, United Kingdom 19 October 1896-25 Upham Street, London, United Kingdom 3 November 1965) known familiarly as “Caro” or “Lina” (pronounced line-uh); married to Colonel (then Captain) Percival David “Percy” Simms on 27 March 1917 in the chapel at Buckingham Palace, had three children (Charles [Charles Perceval; 11 May 1918], Margaret [Margaret Georgiana; 7 August 1921] and Davina [Davina Mary Alice; 24 November 1924] Simms); died at age 69​
--​

[1] Frederica is a TTL daughter of Princess Luise of Prussia and Friedrich, Grand Duke of Baden, thus making her a sister to the last Grand Duke of Baden and Queen Viktoria of Sweden. She is introduced to Albert Victor through their mutual aunt, the German Empress, who is very fond of Frederica.
[2] Alexandra's marriage is a rather hushed affair that occurs in her mother's dining room, essentially. She and her children were barred from the line of succession in the U.K. due to her marriage to a Catholic, even though her second husband was Anglican.
[3] Mary and Konstantin were both cousins to the Greek royal family and met while vacationing in Greece in 1908, not long after the death of Mary's father. They quickly fell in love and became determined to marry, much to the displeasure of both of their families. In the end, Queen Margaret relented and approved the match.
[4] ITTL Konstantin never makes it to see the Russian Revolution, instead being killed in action on the Eastern Front in World War I.
[5] Caroline becomes the first British princess to marry an untitled man without relinquishing her own title. She sets the precedent for being known simply as The Princess Caroline, Mrs. Percy Simms. She also becomes the first British royal to die in a hospital.

Last edited:
This is a rough sketch for my Habsburg Holland idea:

Albrecht I, Holy Roman Emperor [1310-1315], King of Germany [from 1298], Duke of Austria, Styria, Carniola and the Wendisch Mark (1255-1315) m: 1274 Elisabeth of Gorizia (1263-1313)
Anna (b.1280) m: 1296 Hermann, Margrave of Brandenburg (b.1275) [1]​
Agnes (b.1281) 1m: 1296 Andràs III, King of Hungary (1265-1301); 2m: 1302 Vaclav III, King of Bohemia [from 1305], King of Hungary & Croatia [from 1301] (b.1289) [2]​
All issue by second marriage​
Rudolf III, Duke of Austria & Styria [from 1298], Count of Holland, Lord of Friesland [3] [as Rudolf I, from 1300] (b.1282) m: 1300 Elizabeth of England (b.1282)​
Elisabeth (b.1301) m: 1315 Louis X, King of France (b.1289)**​
Rudolf (1303-1303)​
Albrecht, Duke of Austria & Styria (b.1305)​
Eleonore (b.1307)​
Wilhelm, designated successor of his uncle, the Prince-Bishop of Utrecht (b.1308)​
Eduard (b.1312)​
Anna (b.1313)​
Katharina (b.1316)​
Elizabeth (b. 1285) m: 1304 Ferri IV, Duke of Lorraine (b.1282)​
Friedrich I ‘der Schöne’, co-Duke of Austria [from 1298] (1289-1330) m: 1310 Caterina of Savoy (b.1297)[5]​
Katharina (b.1316)​
Anna (b.1317)​
Stillborn Son (1319)​
Friedrich II (b.1322)​
Leopold (b.1290)*​
Katharina (b.1295) m: 1310 Jean, Comte de Luxembourg (b.1296)[5]​
Albrecht (b. 1298)*​
Heinrich, Prince-Bishop of Utrecht [from 1310] (b.1299)[5]​
Meinhardt (b.1300)*​
Otto (1301-1302)​
Jutta (b.1302) m: 1319*​
Nine other children who died young​

[1] Hermann was killed in the Northern Landgraves War with Mecklenburg OTL. Not sure whether Albrecht not being assassinated would mean that the empire is more "stable" and said war never happens, but since Hermann was killed in battle, I figure the chances of him surviving is a coin-toss.
[2] this second marriage was considered OTL, but Vaclav married Viola of Teschen instead (after seeing her beauty apparently). Here, Vaclav remarries sooner to the 19yo, widowed Agnes instead of waiting for his then 10yo betrothed, Elisabeth of Hungary to grow up) - if this sounds ASB @krieger @Jan Olbracht @Monter @Old1812 let me know
[3] Not sure what the exact titling was, but IIRC, Elizabeth of Rhuddlan's first husband was referred to as "comitem Hollandie, dominus Frisiae" (count of Holland, lord of the Frisians) @HJ Tulp @Janprimus @Parma @pompejus
[4] Friedrich marries Caterina instead of her marrying his younger brother, Leopold (as OTL). Also, Caterina's mom is a princess of Brabant, so shores up the network of Habsburg allies in the Low Countries.
[5] Katharina was actually betrothed to Jean's father (Emperor Henry VII) at this point OTL. With the Bohemian/Hungarian successions "more" stable than OTL, the Luxembourgs never get a look-in there. So no chance of Jean marrying Eliska of Bohemia (who might simply marry her older sister, Anna's widower TTL).
[6] Current prince-bishop at time of POD (1300) is Willem II Berthout van Mechelen, but he was killed in battle against his own subjects, not to mention that he had pissed off the pope (by refusing to pay back debts to the papal treasury) as well as was in a sort of "headlock" with the counts over the Berthout estates. OTL, the new count of Holland & Hainaut (Jan II) ignored Berthout's designated successor (Adolf II von Waldeck) in favour of his brother. Here, Rudolf can't be so high-handed with the prince-bishopric, and lets Waldeck's nomination stand. On condition that when Waldeck dies, his successor is to be a Habsburg. OTL Waldeck died in 1302, but considering that his oldest brother made the 1320s and his older brother was murdered in 1305, 1310 seems a reasonable death-date.

*Not sure how these marriages will be affected by the POD, since all of them occured after both Rudolf and Albrecht's OTL deaths.
**because why not?

Last edited:
So this is another 'what if x person lived longer and married x other person who didn't exist OTL' thing but yeah. I've had this cooked up for years too, which is probably why it seems so detailed lol.

Albert Victor of Wales, Duke of Clarence and Avondale (Albert Victor Christian Edward; Frogmore House, Windsor, Berkshire, United Kingdom 20 October 1864-Sandringham House, Norfolk, United Kingdom 16 July 1907) marries Princess Frederica of Baden (Friederike Leopoldine Auguste Sophie of Baden; Karlsruhe, Baden, German Empire 15 February 1867-Clarence House, London, United Kingdom 3 May 1946) [1] on 16 June 1888. Albert Victor survives to become Prince of Wales, but sadly does not outlive his father. He and Frederica (known familiarly as Fritta) have the following children, all daughters:

1. Queen Margaret of the United Kingdom (Margaret Alberta Alexandra; Kensington Palace, London, United Kingdom 11 January 1890-Buckingham Palace, London, United Kingdom 26 November 1918) known familiarly as “Marge” or “Margie”; married to her paternal first cousin Alastair Duff, 2nd Duke of Fife on 12 August 1913 at St. Paul’s Cathedral in London, had two children (Amelia, Princess Royal [Amelia Victoria Maud; 29 July 1914] and George, Prince of Wales [Albert Leopold Alexander George; 4 September 1916]); Queen from September 1910; died of meningitis at age 28 while pregnant with her third child​
2. Princess Alexandra of Wales, Titular Queen of Portugal and the Algarves and Mrs. Richard Davies (Alexandra Frederica Louise; Clarence House, London, United Kingdom 25 March 1892-Appleton House, Sandringham Estate, Norfolk, United Kingdom 21 February 1974) known familiarly as “Alicky” or “Sandra”; married (1) to her fourth cousin (in descent from Francis, Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld) the deposed King Manuel II of Portugal on 15 April 1913 in the Drawing Room at Clarence House [2], had one child (Infante Alberto of Portugal, Duke of Braganza [Alberto Frederico Carlos Manuel Alexandre Amélio Luís Filipe Pio; 6 December 1917]), widowed in 1932; married (2) to Mr. Richard Davies on 3 May 1938 at Sandringham House in Norfolk, had no children; died at age 81​
3. Princess Mary of Wales, Princess Maria Alexeievna of Russia (Mary Elizabeth Augusta Georgina Charlotte; Clarence House, London, United Kingdom 6 August 1893-St. Mary’s Hospital, London, United Kingdom 14 October 1959) known familiarly as “Mimi” or “Mim”; married to her fifth cousin (in descent from Duke Charles Louis of Mecklenburg-Strelitz) and third cousin once removed (in descent from Tsar Paul I of Russia) Prince Konstantin Konstantinovich of Russia [3] on 21 June 1912 in St George’s Chapel at Windsor, had two children (Nadia Konstantinovna [30 March 1913] and Tomislav Konstantinovich [26 July 1914] of Russia); widowed in October 1915 [4]; died at age 66​
4. Princess Victoria of Wales, Marchioness of Cambridge (Victoria Louise Catherine Feodora; Clarence House, London, United Kingdom 7 January 1895-Little Abington, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom 28 August 1969) known familiarly as “Vic” or “Ria”; married to her third cousin once removed (in descent from King George III of the United Kingdom) Lord George Cambridge, Earl of Eltham (formerly Prince George of Teck, later 2nd Marquess of Cambridge) on 1 June 1918 in St George’s Chapel at Windsor, had four children (Hugh [Hugh Frederick; 8 April 1922], Sophia [Sophia Helena Frances; 23 March 1923], Patrick [Patrick Albert John; 10 March 1925], and Isobel [Isobel Evelyn Christine; 27 October 1928] Cambridge); Marchioness of Cambridge from 1927; died at age 74​
5. Princess Caroline of Wales, Mrs. Percy Simms [5] (Caroline Victoria Mary Alexandra Margaret; Clarence House, London, United Kingdom 19 October 1896-25 Upham Street, London, United Kingdom 3 November 1965) known familiarly as “Caro” or “Lina” (pronounced line-uh); married to Colonel (then Captain) Percival David “Percy” Simms on 27 March 1917 in the chapel at Buckingham Palace, had three children (Charles [Charles Perceval; 11 May 1918], Margaret [Margaret Georgiana; 7 August 1921] and Davina [Davina Mary Alice; 24 November 1924] Simms); died at age 69​
--​

[1] Frederica is a TTL daughter of Princess Luise of Prussia and Friedrich, Grand Duke of Baden, thus making her a sister to the last Grand Duke of Baden and Queen Viktoria of Sweden. She is introduced to Albert Victor through their mutual aunt, the German Empress, who is very fond of Frederica.
[2] Alexandra's marriage is a rather hushed affair that occurs in her mother's dining room, essentially. She and her children were barred from the line of succession in the U.K. due to her marriage to a Catholic, even though her second husband was Anglican.
[3] Mary and Konstantin were both cousins to the Greek royal family and met while vacationing in Greece in 1908, not long after the death of Mary's father. They quickly fell in love and became determined to marry, much to the displeasure of both of their families. In the end, Queen Margaret relented and approved the match.
[4] ITTL Konstantin never makes it to see the Russian Revolution, instead being killed in action on the Eastern Front in World War I.
[5] Caroline becomes the first British princess to marry an untitled man without relinquishing her own title. She sets the precedent for being known simply as The Princess Caroline, Mrs. Percy Simms. She also becomes the first British royal to die in a hospital.

Some notes.
  1. Alexandra would rather die than see her son married to anyone German, especially the daughter of a proud Prussian princess. As far as Alex was concerned Prussia was the eternal enemy for stealing Schleswig Holstein from Denmark. The only Germans Alexandra considered were Alix of Hesse (who was from an anti-Prussian German house and spent lots of time in England after Alice's death) and Mary of Teck (who was German in name only, living most of her life in Britain). Unless Alex dies or Frederica is the most anti-Prussian woman imaginable, this will not work
  2. One of the first few girls would have been named Victoria, lest Victoria threw a conniption (like she did when Charlotte of Prussia was not named Victoria or when Edward VIII was not called Albert). Even their OTL cousin Mary, Princess Royal technically had the first name Victoria
  3. I don't see a British princess marrying a Catholic, especially one with no prospects. IOTL people raised a fuss about Ena converting to marry the King of Spain, and she technically wasn't a British Princess. Add to this the fact that Alexandra of the UK is still Margaret's heiress presumptive at the time of the wedding, as Margaret's daughter isn't born for another year. Short of running off and being disowned, Alexandra will be urged to find a more suitable, Protestant partner.
  4. I assume World War I as we know it still happens similarly (as by this point the BRF have little in the way of political power) given that we still see the British domiciled German royals (ex: the Tecks and Battenbergs) get their German titles and surnames replaced with Anglicized ones. Assuming the war is the same duration I doubt Princess Caroline (and Princess Victoria) will get married during the war.

Last edited:
Some notes.
  1. Alexandra would rather die than see her son married to anyone German, especially the daughter of a proud Prussian princess. As far as Alex was concerned Prussia was the eternal enemy for stealing Schleswig Holstein from Denmark. The only Germans Alexandra considered were Alix of Hesse (who was from an anti-Prussian German house and spent lots of time in England after Alice's death) and Mary of Teck (who was German in name only, living most of her life in Britain). Unless Alex dies or Frederica is the most anti-Prussian woman imaginable, this will not work
  2. One of the first few girls would have been named Victoria, lest Victoria threw a conniption (like she did when Charlotte of Prussia was not named Victoria or when Edward VIII was not called Albert). Even their OTL cousin Mary, Princess Royal technically had the first name Victoria
  3. I don't see a British princess marrying a Catholic, especially one with no prospects. IOTL people raised a fuss about Ena converting to marry the King of Spain, and she technically wasn't a British Princess. Add to this the fact that Alexandra of the UK is still Margaret's heiress presumptive at the time of the wedding, as Margaret's daughter isn't born for another year. Short of running off and being disowned, Alexandra will be urged to find a more suitable, Protestant partner.
  4. I assume World War I as we know it still happens similarly (as by this point the BRF have little in the way of political power) given that we still see the British domiciled German royals (ex: the Tecks and Battenbergs) get their German titles and surnames replaced with Anglicized ones. Assuming the war is the same duration I doubt Princess Caroline (and Princess Victoria) will get married during the war.
I would add who all three elder girls need Victoria somewhere in their names...
And both weddings of Alexandra and Caroline’s are highly implausible... they are daughters of a King and would not marry a commoner (or a Catholic claimant without a crown) . They would need to marry at least a titled English aristocratic (who likely would see his title raised if not at least an Earl or the titled heir of an earl)

krieger

Banned
but Vaclav married Viola of Teschen instead (after seeing her beauty apparently). Here, Vaclav remarries sooner to the 19yo, widowed Agnes instead of waiting for his then 10yo betrothed, Elisabeth of Hungary to grow up) - if this sounds ASB

No, it doesn't sound ASB, at least to me.

**because why not?

As a first wife, instead of Margaret of Burgundy or as a second, instead Clementia of Naples? And is Louis X going to sire surviving son on her?

As a first wife, instead of Margaret of Burgundy or as a second, instead Clementia of Naples? And is Louis X going to sire surviving son on her?

Was thinking of it being instead of Clementia of Hungary/Naples (given the date). Not sure if the Tour de Nesle Affair would still happen given its distance from the POD, but lets argue that if it didn't, Marguerite died in childbirth resulting in Louis X needing a new wife.
Hadn't thought if there'd be kids or not. Think a son's only chance of surviving is dad NOT dying of pneumonia (or poison) before he's an adult.

Was thinking of it being instead of Clementia of Hungary/Naples (given the date). Not sure if the Tour de Nesle Affair would still happen given its distance from the POD, but lets argue that if it didn't, Marguerite died in childbirth resulting in Louis X needing a new wife.
Hadn't thought if there'd be kids or not. Think a son's only chance of surviving is dad NOT dying of pneumonia (or poison) before he's an adult.
Well I think who Louis dying with either a son already born or at least without leaving a pregnant wife would increase a lot the chances to survive and rule France of his descendants...

krieger

Banned

Not necesarilly, after all no one (Druon was a writer, not a historian) confirmed that John I of France was really poisoned. I think that Tour du Nesle affair will still happed, given Marguerites personality it was almost a given.

Not necesarilly, after all no one (Druon was a writer, not a historian) confirmed that John I of France was really poisoned.

While this is true, the fact that there is suspicion around his father's sudden death (one day healthy enough to play tennis, and dead the next - even accounting for medieval medicine that sounds suspicious), indicates to my mind that there is as much of a chance Jean le Posthume was as likely a sickly child as a poisoned one.

VVD0D95

Banned
An idea I had for a story I'm currently working on, where James II of England has more surviving children by Mary of Modena:

James II and VII (b.1633: d. 1696) m Mary of Modena (b.1658:d.1700)

Issue:

Charles III of Albion (b.1674)

Catherine Laura (b.1675) m Frederick IV of Denmark

Isabel (b.1676) m Leopold II, Holy Roman Emperor

Charlotte Maria (b.1682) m Louis, Duke of Burgundy

James Francis (b.1684)

Edward Alphonso (b.1688)

Louisa Maria Theresa (b.1692)

--------------

Charles III of the United Kingdom of Albion (b.1674: d.1730) m Elisabeth Dorothea of Hesse Darmstadt (b.1676) or Sophie Charlotte of Hesse Kassel (b.1678)