Glossary of Sealion Threads

McPherson

Banned
Less directly Sealion related than some but close enough that I'll put it here, based on OTL technological progress at what stage would AShM's etc. gotten advanced enough that control of the channel would have become functionally an aerial battle and maintaining even local, temporary naval superiority (such as that needed to disrupt an attempted invasion) without significant aerial support would be impossible?

Is that the case even today?

1955. Yes.

1955. Yes.

So succesfull sealion would require Breakthrought decade ahead. Germany to win on Eastern front by 1943. Pushing Invasion Overlord back and then building program and all that topped by Technological breakthrought decade ahead. Impropable, but not ASB. Which means we might have non ASB sealion.

McPherson

Banned
So succesfull sealion would require Breakthrought decade ahead. Germany to win on Eastern front by 1943. Pushing Invasion Overlord back and then building program and all that topped by Technological breakthrought decade ahead. Impropable, but not ASB. Which means we might have non ASB sealion.

Provided that Russia reaches the Channel in 1945 and then spends 10 years on rocket and cruise missile research... correct. There could be a Морской лев. ("Operation" Sea Lion.) It just won't be the Germans doing it. Now aren't you glad for OVERLORD? Or as the Russians put it, "Большое разочарование Сталина". ("Stalin's Great Disappointment.").

Last edited:

McPherson

Banned
Operation Green people. It could have and should have happened!

1585271050746.png

That's right in there with Plan W from Outer Space which has the UK invade the Irish Free State to prevent Operation Green.

If the Germans delayed Barbarossa, and were really intent on invading Britain what was to stop them from consolidating gains on mainland Europe and simply outproducing the British in airpower and either bombing them into oblivion or taking command of the skies and seas that way?

If the Germans delayed Barbarossa, and were really intent on invading Britain what was to stop them from consolidating gains on mainland Europe and simply outproducing the British in airpower and either bombing them into oblivion or taking command of the skies and seas that way?
Germany can’t stay stable long enough, not enough resources coming in.

Hey folks does anyone remember a thread or story post regarding the seamammal operation in a word where each Nazi office has a militia? If I recall correctly there's something like the firefighter battalion and concrete barges involved.

Hey folks does anyone remember a thread or story post regarding the seamammal operation in a word where each Nazi office has a militia? If I recall correctly there's something like the firefighter battalion and concrete barges involved.
I believe you are talking about this thread
Entering the Rhineland. A good, short, funny thread.

Yes it is!! Thank you so much, you have no idea how long I've been searching for that thread again lol.

I have just finished reading Entering the Rhineland, and as someone with varied editorial and writing experience over almost 50 years, I wish to say that this is the first thread I've read that could, with virtually no editing, be guaranteed of acceptance by one or more of the top 10 science fiction & fantasy magazines today. Indeed, I'd send if off after only an hour of light copy editing. I'm not sure if it classifies as a long short story or a short novelette, but it is truly professional writing. If the author has never considered publishing it, he should consider it now.

Please note that this is not meant to demean the many excellent threads here of much longer length. Some of them could be published, either in whole or in part, but they would require substantial rewriting, tighter plotting and more character development. My judgment about Entering the Rhineland is that it's "good to go," in part because the author understood how to keep it tight.

Last edited:

Yes it is!! Thank you so much, you have no idea how long I've been searching for that thread again lol.

Thank you.

The Author.

Can anyone give a breakdown of the relative fleet strength of the Royal Navy vs. the combined Kriegsmarine /Regia Marina in the European theater circa 1941?