Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

You can go even worse than Heydrich if you really want.
Humanity is like bottomless cesspool.
I mean, I suppose you could theoretically have a horrible combination of Heydrich and Dirlewanger, but I think that much concentrated evil in one person would cause spontaneous combustion.

The dude was a spoiled brat who was buddies with Hitler. You can't get much worse than that.

You really have a black and white view of him, which turns him into a cartoon Nazi villain. In reality, he was concerned by the Great Depression and seemed to genuinely care about his subjects. He also visited the Western Front in World War 1 numerous times. In my opinion, the connection with Hitler is overblown as they only met once and Edward was a strong Germanophile and, like virtually all of the British political class, supported appeasement because they feared a Second Great War. However, he was clearly naive and several comparisons can be drawn between that visit Henry Wallace's visit to the Soviet Union. Edward was not perfect, he was pretty racist and cared little about his epileptic brother, John. Despite that, he was no authoritarian and would have been a decent, if certainly controversial King, were it not for his abdication.

I mean, I suppose you could theoretically have a horrible combination of Heydrich and Dirlewanger, but I think that much concentrated evil in one person would cause spontaneous combustion.

Two words: "Godspeed Evola". The Fraternity of blood from Godspeed(and RapeFrance from RF) make the actual Nazis look like choir boys

Last edited:
This may be the Kaiserreich thread and since I don't think we have one on this site for Red World, I'll be mentioning it here.

Less than twelve hours ago it was reported by his cousin that Kaiser1871, developer of a number of HoI4 mods (most notably one of my favorites, Red World), passed away in an automobile accident last October. The details have been ripped from the Discord to Reddit, but the full statement for those who can't get to either platform right now is as follows:

This is a great loss to the modding community, not to mention many of the people whose work he has influenced and those close to him.
Rest in peace

I find that hard to believe.

Just you wait but from what I know of Godspeed Evola and his unholy rituals...it's not pleasant. He combines the worst TNO!Himmler, KN!Vonsiasky, and Dirglewagner as well as the most batshit qualities of pre-china rework mad khan

Just you wait but from what I know of Godspeed Evola and his unholy rituals...it's not pleasant. He combines the worst TNO!Himmler, KN!Vonsiasky, and Dirglewagner as well as the most batshit qualities of pre-china rework mad khan
I don't know the specifics of this and therefore cannot assume that this fellow would be worse than "Let's plan the extermination of 20+ million people for political points".

I don't know the specifics of this and therefore cannot assume that this fellow would be worse than "Let's plan the extermination of 20+ million people for political points".

Hopefully someone can make a fun Hearts of Iron mod that doesn't have one edgy murder path?

It seems like they're treating this as a competition at this point.

Hopefully someone can make a fun Hearts of Iron mod that doesn't have one edgy murder path?

Godspeed is very anti fraternity of blood through. Like they're clearly bad guys rather than being here for shock factor.

Also some people can only be portrayed as ultra-genocidal maniacs after doing historical research on them, so you can't blame modders for having ultra-evil paths if these were who these people are irl.

And you really wanna blame someone for the overload of ultra-genocidal and "worse than Hitler" paths? Blame the late Kaiser1871(late because he tragically died in a car crash last year) he did kinda get the ball rolling with his portrayal of Theresa May in Red World as a Nazi-esque dictator ruling over Norsefire esque britain and to an extent the very OG shock factor path in hoi4 modding in the very same mod: Nazbol Bernie(through he's comparatively more sane than alt-Theresa May and the genocidal nutcases that sprang from her in the modding scene.)

Last edited:

The "Murder 20 million for political points" guy was Reinhard Heydrich from OTL, who planned the general logistics of the Holocaust to realize the genocidal fantasies of his insane leader and was in charge of making sure that the byzantine Nazi bureaucracy was all on board with the mass murder thing.

The "Murder 20 million for political points" guy was Reinhard Heydrich from OTL, who planned the general logistics of the Holocaust to realize the genocidal fantasies of his insane leader and was in charge of making sure that the byzantine Nazi bureaucracy was all on board with the mass murder thing.

Yeah, I was talking about fictional mods as opposed to real life.

I strongly disagree. To me, it's about whitewashing the Entente--I hardly think that anyone could accuse me of being a fanatical defender of the pre-WW1 German Empire, yet I'm quite happy with how it works in-game.

Try to think like people you desagree with. A considerable part of the Canadian population wants the war not only to reclaim Edward VIII legitimate throne, there are more factors to that.

First, they want to get rid of the British, a way to do that is to allow them to recover the island, that is the best way for the Canadians since on other scenarios the British community is going to stay there and be influent.
The second is imperialism, pure and some imperialism, Britain is part of the British empire, the core part, a lot of the Canadians, if not most of them came from Britain on the 19th century (not counting Quebecois), they can trace their grandgrandfather place from locations like Middlesex or Cornwall or Scotland, this feeling takes a long time to go, you can see on Portuguese posts and Portuguese timelines that people still are affected on some way or another for losing Angola, this 50 years after the war, while Britain was lost in 1925 and the game starts in 1936.
A third reason is to countain syndicalism, as the cold war showed people find a legitimate reason to go to war to keep a doctrine they hate under control.

These are some factors that would make most of the anglophone population of Canada support the war. I'm not saying it is right, I'm saying that it makes sense.

As someone who's played Canada post-update, democratic Canada isn't portrayed as a rosy place. There are references to public works camps that end up financially trapping workers in forced-labor like conditions; you can close the camps or reform them but only after this has been going on for a good while. Democratic Canada definitely has some bad points, it's certainly not perfect.

Oh no, it is quite accurate actually. Godspeed!Evola, well, pretty dang nasty. And by nasty I mean he has a focus called "120 days of Sodom" and that's just the start of his focus tree.
But what does this entail? Hitler, Himmler, and Heydrich planned the genocide of tens of millions because of Hitler's insane racism and Heydrich's pure fucking sociopathy. Dirlewanger was a necrophiliac rapist and sadist who mass-murdered and raped children. Unless this version of Evola is literally deliberately murdering minorities and their children en masse to literally make "steak" and "veal" for his loyalists like something out of For All Time, it's going to be hard to beat those guys.
Try to think like people you desagree with. A considerable part of the Canadian population wants the war not only to reclaim Edward VIII legitimate throne, there are more factors to that.

First, they want to get rid of the British, a way to do that is to allow them to recover the island, that is the best way for the Canadians since on other scenarios the British community is going to stay there and be influent.
The second is imperialism, pure and some imperialism, Britain is part of the British empire, the core part, a lot of the Canadians, if not most of them came from Britain on the 19th century (not counting Quebecois), they can trace their grandgrandfather place from locations like Middlesex or Cornwall or Scotland, this feeling takes a long time to go, you can see on Portuguese posts and Portuguese timelines that people still are affected on some way or another for losing Angola, this 50 years after the war, while Britain was lost in 1925 and the game starts in 1936.
A third reason is to countain syndicalism, as the cold war showed people find a legitimate reason to go to war to keep a doctrine they hate under control.

These are some factors that would make most of the anglophone population of Canada support the war. I'm not saying it is right, I'm saying that it makes sense.
Option 1 doesn't make much sense; why not just force the Brits out of power? Canadians outnumber exiles 10 to 1.

The British empire is broken. The Empire COLLAPSED. Revivalism like that should be either stone dead or a crazy natpop faction. Like, what part of the Portuguese population is bitter about Angola? I bet it isn't the left or even the center or even much of the right.

Containing syndicalism by invading a much larger and more powerful Red country with no formal CB other than "u red, our king wants to come home"?

It's not enough, IMO.
As someone who's played Canada post-update, democratic Canada isn't portrayed as a rosy place. There are references to public works camps that end up financially trapping workers in forced-labor like conditions; you can close the camps or reform them but only after this has been going on for a good while. Democratic Canada definitely has some bad points, it's certainly not perfect.
I played post-update Canada all the way through the 1940s, I didn't see any of that.

It's also not represented mechanically in-game. (then again, this ties into my "Nazi Germany should have a stacking set of maluses to reflect the Holocaust and Nuremberg laws" position)

This is a very big-brained move indeed.

But what does this entail? Hitler, Himmler, and Heydrich planned the genocide of tens of millions because of Hitler's insane racism and Heydrich's pure fucking sociopathy. Dirlewanger was a necrophiliac rapist and sadist who mass-murdered and raped children. Unless this version of Evola is literally deliberately murdering minorities and their children en masse to literally make "steak" and "veal" for his loyalists like something out of For All Time, it's going to be hard to beat those guys.

That's kinda what's happening. He encourages his followers to make steak out of their opponents whenever mass rape is not happening. Essentially mass cannibalism