Following up on the Bronze Age thread, I'd like to ask if anyone has interesting ideas for PODs related to the Dark Age of Comic Books.

Here are a few I came up with:

-What if Hal Jordan's infamous heel-turn hadn't happened?
-What if Todd McFarlane hadn't opted to produce the Spawn toys himself?
-What if the second Clone Saga hadn't lasted as long as it did?

This was previously uploaded on Bronze Age but since it didn't fit I'll say it again.
I would have liked to see the clone saga end at #400 like it was supposed to, with Ben Reilly taking up the mantle and Peter retiring to live with MJ.
-What if Hal Jordan's infamous heel-turn hadn't happened?
-What if Todd McFarlane hadn't opted to produce the Spawn toys himself?
These other 2 are interesting PODs

I'm not sure how Todd wouldn't have gone to make the toys himself but I can I can see a way of getting around Paralax. Instead of destroying Coast City and having him go mad, Hal Jordan maybe fights the evil Supermen and ends up in a coma leaving the ring to go to Kyle Rayner simple no need to make Hal Jordan evil.

IDK about the timing offhand, but...
  1. Hank Pym not going evil
  2. Carol Danvers not getting raped (& having the Avengers, & Marvel, be fine with it:eek::eek::mad::mad: )

Superman stays dead, and everything that is "Superman" lives on only in the spinoffs: Superboy, Steel, etc. Maybe a new Superman who is not Clark Kent. Heck even a Superman Team.

1051084-superman_v2_annual_08___00_horus.jpg

OK. Here are two POD.

1. Rob Liefeld Starts off doing work for DC rather than Marvel.
  2. The Electric Blue Superman idea somehow remains popular.

IDK about the timing offhand, but...
  1. Hank Pym not going evil
  2. Carol Danvers not getting raped (& having the Avengers, & Marvel, be fine with it:eek::eek::mad::mad: )
Those took place during the Bronze Age though I do think if Ant-Man never went crazy the MCU would have had Hank Pym and not Scott Lang as Ant-Man, and Ms. Marvel would probably be more popular and might not have become Captain Marvel at all.

Superman stays dead, and everything that is "Superman" lives on only in the spinoffs: Superboy, Steel, etc. Maybe a new Superman who is not Clark Kent. Heck even a Superman Team.

1051084-superman_v2_annual_08___00_horus.jpg
There was an alternate timeline based on that concept of Superman staying dead but the creator doesn't really post on there often. In reality I don't think Warner Brothers would let Superman stay dead at all.

Oh man... what a coinqidink. I am doing a tweet storm about this.

Some small ones for now:
-Not tossing out 20 years of continuity as part of editorial change at DC in the 90s.

I'm guessing you're referring to Zero Hour?
Zero Hour was not so much a reboot on the scale Crisis on Infinite Earths (unless you count Legion of Super-Heroes) as it was a realignment of the timeline with a few retcons. As for the editorial changes, I'm not even entirely sure what that even means. The closest I can guess is when the Time Warner suits, demoted Paul Levitz after Jeanette Khan quit as President of DC Comics in the early 00s. I have found no information on such a change any time in the 90s.

Zero Hour was not so much a reboot on the scale Crisis on Infinite Earths (unless you count Legion of Super-Heroes) as it was a realignment of the timeline with a few retcons. As for the editorial changes, I'm not even entirely sure what that even means. The closest I can guess is when the Time Warner suits, demoted Paul Levitz after Jeanette Khan quit as President of DC Comics in the early 00s. I have found no information on such a change any time in the 90s.

Got it in one.

There was a MASSIVE shift at DC in the early 00s... lots of long-term editors left, long-term talent did as well, and there was a sweep of cancellations. The new guys took over began benching popular characters, and began the long march of essentially rebooting status quo to the Silver Age, such as bringing back Barry Allen and Hal Jordan. Follow that by Crisis after Crisis, reboot after rebooot, and DC just became too hard to follow for more than a couple years at a time.

Here's one: what if DC somehow managed to avoid the infamous "Hawkman continuity problem" of the Post-Crisis era and beyond?
Easy. Leave Hawkworld as it was intended to be and have it take place in the past. The mini was supposed to lead into Hawkman's first appearance in The Brave & The Bold #34, but editorial interference had it take place in what was then the contemporary DCU.