Does anybody have (or can anyone make) a large (and I mean very large, at least 2000 x 2000 pixels) blank map showing the areas of modern Afghanistan, northwestern India and Pakistan, and Central Asia (at least southern Central Asia, Kazakhstan is not that important).

Obviously it's ok if I don't get this map, but I thought I might as well explicitly say it as there's been a lot of demanding on this thread recently.

Could someone edit major rivers onto this map?
pEqiEgy.png

Does anybody have (or can anyone make) a large (and I mean very large, at least 2000 x 2000 pixels) blank map showing the areas of modern Afghanistan, northwestern India and Pakistan, and Central Asia (at least southern Central Asia, Kazakhstan is not that important).
The VT-BAM project is a good source for very large maps. See post 1851 for a link to maps which cover the whole world, in 3600x3600 tiles. Using those, here's a 5400x5400 map of the area you asked for:

Apart from combining the tiles and cropping the west/south I haven't changed anything, so credit goes to the contributors to the VTBAM.
Edit: like I keep telling my children, read the entire question - you asked for a blank map... Here's the same map with all borders and shading removed - just water/coastlines left, plus some light-blue shading which I think represents ice on the Himalayas.

Attachments

• Vlarge_Afg-NWInd-Pak-CenAsia_fromVTBAM_blank_for_Viseslav_FG.png
    230.2 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Can somebody recreate a flag i saw in a dream? It was an Islamic Egypt. The Black Stripe on the Tricolor is now a dark green, and the Eagle on the flag had been moved the the right and was wearing a pyramid as a hat(?). On the left, there was a beige square (that was too big to fit inside the middle stripe, spilling onto the other two) with a white islamic crescent without a star. The Eagle and Crescent Square were similar in proportions to each other to the Austro-Hungarian flag, though a bit closer to the edge of the flag.

Last edited:
The VT-BAM project is a good source for very large maps. See post 1851 for a link to maps which cover the whole world, in 3600x3600 tiles. Using those, here's a 5400x5400 map of the area you asked for:

Apart from combining the tiles and cropping the west/south I haven't changed anything, so credit goes to the contributors to the VTBAM.
Edit: like I keep telling my children, read the entire question - you asked for a blank map... Here's the same map with all borders and shading removed - just water/coastlines left, plus some light-blue shading which I think represents ice on the Himalayas.

Thanks. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Can somebody recreate a flag i saw in a dream? It was an Islamic Egypt. The Black Stripe on the Tricolor is now a dark green, and the Eagle on the flag had been moved the the right and was wearing a pyramid as a hat(?). On the left, there was a beige square (that was too big to fit inside the middle stripe, spilling onto the other two) with a white islamic crescent without a star. The Eagle and Crescent Square were similar in proportions to each other to the Austro-Hungarian flag, though a bit closer to the edge of the flag.

I altered your description slightly to keep the eagle on a consistent background. Tell me if you want changes. I also colored the square to match the eagle's color.
egypt2.png

EDIT: And then I was playing around and did this:

egypt2v2.png

Last edited:
OH! I forgot the pyramid hat. LOL I just reread the initial request. I shall have to think on that.

EDIT: Thinking done.
View attachment 532915 .................View attachment 532916
Even better. I don’t remember the context of the flag in the dream, only that it was an Egypt flag and that it was Islamist. Is there any significance to the stripes splitting in the first one, or is that just a stylistic choice? Looks great either way.

Even better. I don’t remember the context of the flag in the dream, only that it was an Egypt flag and that it was Islamist. Is there any significance to the stripes splitting in the first one, or is that just a stylistic choice? Looks great either way.
In the first, I started with the current Egyptian flag and tried to stay as close to your vision as possible, although I did expand the white stripe to frame the eagle. In the second, I let the triangles take over. It seemed a better way to frame the symbols. I am glad you like them. I love making flags.

If America became a fascist/extreme-right monarchical dictatorship in the 2040s (which hopefully never happens), and it changed its flag, what would its flag look like? (I'm planning a TL and I'd like to include a cool flag. If you do make such a flag, make sure to tell me whether I can use it or not.) I'm thinking that the new flag still looks "American" and is still identifiable as such (e.g. the 13 stripes are kept), but it looks more imperialist/fascist. (More sharp angles?) I'd also like the flag to have a futuristic feel because it was made in the 2040s. Also, I don't want the flag to be too fascist (if you get what I mean), because the dictator is trying to disguise America as a state of freedom (because of course dictators will do that). So no swastikas/fasces/etc.

Something like this, maybe, but this is just a picture I found on the internet, and I definitely don't have permission to use it. (If you want to look at the flag without the waving, take the link at the bottom and copy-paste it into another tab.) (And yes, you can use that flag waver site to your heart's content. My brother found it on the Internet, not me, so thank him, except he doesn't have an AH.com account.)

@Gokbay
Here's your first two requests: 'British Malaysia' without Aceh and with Aceh.
Also the first one (shield only) on a Blue Ensign.
I'll post the second one on a Blue Ensign tomorrow (due to the 3-image/day limit).
CoA_British_Malaysia_for_Gokbay_900x650_FG.png CoA_British_Malaysia_w_Aceh_for_Gokbay_900x650_FG.png BlueEnsign_Shield_British_Malaysia_for_Gokbay_FG.png (click the thumbnails for the full-size versions)
Images created by FriendlyGhost using inkscape and paint.net.
In accordance with the attribution terms of the licences noted below, you are free to use this/these image(s), including adaptation, as long as you give attribution. On this site (alternatehistory.com), it is sufficient to @ my username. On other sites, link to my profile page here.
Some of the constituent parts of this image were taken from images in the public domain, as follows:
(1) Escutcheon and motto scroll (except for text in English) from Malaysian Coat of Arms 1963-65;
(2) Tiger supporter from Padang Coat of Arms 1926;
(3) Lion supporter and crown from UK Royal Coat of Arms (English version);
(4) Aceh symbol from Flag of Aceh Sultanate;
(5) Blue Ensign from UK Blue Ensign.
(X) For specific licence terms, see the linked pages.
All other parts of the image(s) are by me.
If I've collated your various requests correctly, this is what I still owe you:
(1) the 'Loyalty First' CoA with lion & shark supporters
(2) double-shield CoA with the 1st shield from above on the dexter shield and PNG, TTotPI, Kiribati, Fiji, Solomons and Fr Polynesia on the sinister shield
(3) another double-shield CoA, same as (2) but with the 2nd shield from above
(4) another double-shield CoA, same as (2) but minus PNG and Fr Polynesia

@Gokbay
Here's your first two requests: 'British Malaysia' without Aceh and with Aceh.
Also the first one (shield only) on a Blue Ensign.
I'll post the second one on a Blue Ensign tomorrow (due to the 3-image/day limit).
View attachment 533203 View attachment 533204 View attachment 533205 (click the thumbnails for the full-size versions)
Images created by FriendlyGhost using inkscape and paint.net.
In accordance with the attribution terms of the licences noted below, you are free to use this/these image(s), including adaptation, as long as you give attribution. On this site (alternatehistory.com), it is sufficient to @ my username. On other sites, link to my profile page here.
Some of the constituent parts of this image were taken from images in the public domain, as follows:
(1) Escutcheon and motto scroll (except for text in English) from Malaysian Coat of Arms 1963-65;
(2) Tiger supporter from Padang Coat of Arms 1926;
(3) Lion supporter and crown from UK Royal Coat of Arms (English version);
(4) Aceh symbol from Flag of Aceh Sultanate;
(5) Blue Ensign from UK Blue Ensign.
(X) For specific licence terms, see the linked pages.
All other parts of the image(s) are by me.
If I've collated your various requests correctly, this is what I still owe you:
(1) the 'Loyalty First' CoA with lion & shark supporters
(2) double-shield CoA with the 1st shield from above on the dexter shield and PNG, TTotPI, Kiribati, Fiji, Solomons and Fr Polynesia on the sinister shield
(3) another double-shield CoA, same as (2) but with the 2nd shield from above
(4) another double-shield CoA, same as (2) but minus PNG and Fr Polynesia

Thanks for the help currently and for the future

If America became a fascist/extreme-right monarchical dictatorship in the 2040s (which hopefully never happens), and it changed its flag, what would its flag look like? (I'm planning a TL and I'd like to include a cool flag. If you do make such a flag, make sure to tell me whether I can use it or not.) I'm thinking that the new flag still looks "American" and is still identifiable as such (e.g. the 13 stripes are kept), but it looks more imperialist/fascist. (More sharp angles?) I'd also like the flag to have a futuristic feel because it was made in the 2040s. Also, I don't want the flag to be too fascist (if you get what I mean), because the dictator is trying to disguise America as a state of freedom (because of course dictators will do that). So no swastikas/fasces/etc.

Something like this, maybe, but this is just a picture I found on the internet, and I definitely don't have permission to use it. (If you want to look at the flag without the waving, take the link at the bottom and copy-paste it into another tab.) (And yes, you can use that flag waver site to your heart's content. My brother found it on the Internet, not me, so thank him, except he doesn't have an AH.com account.)
I'm going to probably post several responses. Here is the first.
EDIT: And the second.
EDIT2: And one more.
One People, One Nation! One Nation, One State! One State, Forever!
darkus1.png

Depending on your timeline, and how the US got where it got to, you could go with something like this:
One Nation, Under God, Our Union, Indivisible!
darkus2.png

Concentrating a bit more on the monarchial aspects...
darkus3.png

Last edited:
Quick quesion, in Which thread do people Request Coinage designs? is there even a thread?
Banknotes, Coins, Medals...

I'm going to probably post several responses. Here is the first.
EDIT: And the second.
EDIT2: And one more.
One People, One Nation! One Nation, One State! One State, Forever!

Depending on your timeline, and how the US got where it got to, you could go with something like this:
One Nation, Under God, Our Union, Indivisible!

Concentrating a bit more on the monarchial aspects...

One and three work better in my mind. the second, because it contains 3 separate panels all with different colour combinations, makes it feel much busier and lacking in unity.