Can anyone make a Norse Rainbow Crow flag? That is the Norse Raven Standard replaced with a Lenape Rainbow Crow.

@Uru Hammer

Very interesting flag designs! What would it look like if you were to combine both of them?
Don't mind if I do.

new france3.png

Anything would work really. I'd prefer to have the the RC in the northwest corner of the flag. As I have no artistic talent to speak of, I'll leave the rest of the flag up to artist's discretion. As my TL has an explicitly pagan Vinland/North America I'd prefer avoid the Nordic cross.

Anything would work really. I'd prefer to have the the RC in the northwest corner of the flag. As I have no artistic talent to speak of, I'll leave the rest of the flag up to artist's discretion. As my TL has an explicitly pagan Vinland/North America I'd prefer avoid the Nordic cross.
Here's one attempt.
version1.png

@Uru Hammer

Very interesting flag designs! What would it look like if you were to combine both of them?
Okay, just one more. I got to talking this one over with a friend of mine who is into history, and after discussing it for a while, I found myself interested in coming back to one of the designs and making changes. So, I will share again:

new france4.png

Deleted member 107125

I'm not sure whether this is where I should ask but what's a good and easy way to make flags in Photoshop?

Depending on how things go with home-schooling the children and working at home over the next ??? weeks, I might be able to do something with this. It won't be this week though, sorry.

Thank you, I understand how you can't do something immediately. If possible could you also have the coat of arms on a British Blue Ensign? Sorry about asking more.

Advice on Flag Making
I'm not sure whether this is where I should ask but what's a good and easy way to make flags in Photoshop?

Are you looking for specific advice ? generally speaking:
- using the RGB palette is less distracting as you don't need millions of colours for flags.
- when you open a new image, make it 300 DPI and at least 3 time larger in terms of pixel than what the end image you need will be (ex: if you want the end result to be 400x600, make your work in progress image 1200x1800 then downscale it when you save a copy of it). As photoshop makes raster images, you can save as something smaller but if you save it as a larger image, it will get pixelated.
- save images as PNG, never as JPG otherwise you will end up with visible compression artefacts on large area of a single colour.
- when making an image, keep every distinct element in a separate layer. Its easier to modified one element that way later down the road. If you have a large number of elements that are part of a whole (ex: a coat of arms). group them together so it is easier to navigate through them and so that you can modified all of them as the same time if you need (ex: resizing)
- related to the previous entry, if you have a lot of elements, rename each layer so you know what it is at a glance. "vertical band-blue" is easier to remember than "layer 36".
- If you are just modifying the design of an existing flag, you can probably find a version of it on wikipedia. Although most flags are displayed as vector SVG images, if you go the the image page itself, their should be options to save it to your computer as a PNG image of varying size (always pick the largest one). Try to avoid taking non-open source images as people might taken offence to it if they find out and issue a take-down notice (I do)

Has anyone got a Worlda pinpointing the location of Devner, Colorado? If not, at least a Worlda pinpointing the locations of other American cities?

Are you looking for specific advice ? generally speaking:
- using the RGB palette is less distracting as you don't need millions of colours for flags.
- when you open a new image, make it 300 DPI and at least 3 time larger in terms of pixel than what the end image you need will be (ex: if you want the end result to be 400x600, make your work in progress image 1200x1800 then downscale it when you save a copy of it). As photoshop makes raster images, you can save as something smaller but if you save it as a larger image, it will get pixelated.
- save images as PNG, never as JPG otherwise you will end up with visible compression artefacts on large area of a single colour.
- when making an image, keep every distinct element in a separate layer. Its easier to modified one element that way later down the road. If you have a large number of elements that are part of a whole (ex: a coat of arms). group them together so it is easier to navigate through them and so that you can modified all of them as the same time if you need (ex: resizing)
- related to the previous entry, if you have a lot of elements, rename each layer so you know what it is at a glance. "vertical band-blue" is easier to remember than "layer 36".
- If you are just modifying the design of an existing flag, you can probably find a version of it on wikipedia. Although most flags are displayed as vector SVG images, if you go the the image page itself, their should be options to save it to your computer as a PNG image of varying size (always pick the largest one). Try to avoid taking non-open source images as people might taken offence to it if they find out and issue a take-down notice (I do)
This is pretty much it. Though I'd make clear having an original file with the layers (psd files etc) with saving copy merge versions as separate pngs.
@Red Arturoist since you created this particular thread please threadmark Marc's post for any future reference. Thx

Thank you, I understand how you can't do something immediately. If possible could you also have the coat of arms on a British Blue Ensign? Sorry about asking more.
No problem - once the CoA is done, putting it on an ensign is easy. Just let me know which one/ones you want on ensigns.
One question: you ask for the British royal crown but the CoA of the Federated Malay States used a very different crown - is there a particular reason you want a British* crown?

*I assume you mean the one usually referred to as the British crown, which is actually the English St Edward's crown from 1661; the Scottish crown, dating from 1503, is different.

No problem - once the CoA is done, putting it on an ensign is easy. Just let me know which one/ones you want on ensigns.
One question: you ask for the British royal crown but the CoA of the Federated Malay States used a very different crown - is there a particular reason you want a British* crown?

*I assume you mean the one usually referred to as the British crown, which is actually the English St Edward's crown from 1661; the Scottish crown, dating from 1503, is different.

I did mean the St Edward's Crown yes. As to why I want That instead of the one used in Federated Malay States is that it is for a Timeline I am planning. In which there is a communist revolution in Britain. After WW2 Quebec, North Island of New Zealand and New South Wales all fell to communists while India gained full independence. South Africa also declared itself a republic. Therefore the Royal Family didn't have much safe places to escape to but all of Malaysia had remained loyal as of yet. With Loyalist/Capitalist parts of Canada/Australia/New Zealand all being Dominions; Pacific Islands (more than OTL, almost all of the Pacific), Hong Kong, Malaya and all of Borneo (Dutch parts gained in WW2) were basically all that remained under direct British rule. As such the UK Government-in-Exile (along with the Royal Family) centered itself in Singapore. Until the fall of the British Soviet Union thats were the government was based on. After that happened the United Kingdom was restored in Great Britain but Malaysia and Pacifica was granted independence as a Dominion. Malay "Elective" Monarchy from OTL was used for the position of Governor-General instead of Sovereign as OTL Malaysia. Pacific Islands (Polynesia, Malenesia, Micronesia), Aceh (another gain from the Dutch) and Papua later left this union and became independent (with all but Aceh as dominions) but Malaysia (with the capital in Singapore) remains an important Dominion/Commonwealth Realm of the British Commonwealth.

I did mean the St Edward's Crown yes. As to why I want That instead of the one used in Federated Malay States is that it is for a Timeline I am planning. In which there is a communist revolution in Britain. After WW2 Quebec, North Island of New Zealand and New South Wales all fell to communists while India gained full independence. South Africa also declared itself a republic. Therefore the Royal Family didn't have much safe places to escape to but all of Malaysia had remained loyal as of yet. With Loyalist/Capitalist parts of Canada/Australia/New Zealand all being Dominions; Pacific Islands (more than OTL, almost all of the Pacific), Hong Kong, Malaya and all of Borneo (Dutch parts gained in WW2) were basically all that remained under direct British rule. As such the UK Government-in-Exile (along with the Royal Family) centered itself in Singapore. Until the fall of the British Soviet Union thats were the government was based on. After that happened the United Kingdom was restored in Great Britain but Malaysia and Pacifica was granted independence as a Dominion. Malay "Elective" Monarchy from OTL was used for the position of Governor-General instead of Sovereign as OTL Malaysia. Pacific Islands (Polynesia, Malenesia, Micronesia), Aceh (another gain from the Dutch) and Papua later left this union and became independent (with all but Aceh as dominions) but Malaysia (with the capital in Singapore) remains an important Dominion/Commonwealth Realm of the British Commonwealth.
Okay - I'll try to get started on it after the weekend.
One small point about your TL, not the flag - 'Soviet' is a Russian word for 'council' so it wouldn't make much sense to have a British Soviet Union - maybe try something like 'People's Republic of Britain' or 'British Workers Republic'? Unless you have a particular reason for this, of course, in which case ignore my pedantry!

Okay - I'll try to get started on it after the weekend.
One small point about your TL, not the flag - 'Soviet' is a Russian word for 'council' so it wouldn't make much sense to have a British Soviet Union - maybe try something like 'People's Republic of Britain' or 'British Workers Republic'? Unless you have a particular reason for this, of course, in which case ignore my pedantry!

Oh the official name isn't Soviet I am well aware what the word means. I just used it for simple explanation purposes. I was thinking of Union of Britannic Syndicalist Commonwealths as the official name (Britannic Union or UBSC for short).

Oh the official name isn't Soviet I am well aware what the word means. I just used it for simple explanation purposes. I was thinking of Union of Britannic Syndicalist Commonwealths as the official name (Britannic Union or UBSC for short).
I'll get back in my box... :rolleyes: