Well, considering the Union wants to literally exterminate France and French people despite the fact that France literally aided and was integral to America's independence from Great Britain and yet is partnered with Britain (which under Gen. Drummond was responsible for their revanchism), it wouldn't really be a stretch then for America to turn its back on Morocco. American historiography ITTL is already so warped from actual history it hurts. They hold Ancient Greece, Egypt, and Rome in high regard while yet literally decrying their direct descendants as inferior (they probably say Greeks, Italians, and Egyptians have too much inferior arab and turkish blood in them, also Islam is clearly blasphemy).

I wouldn't be surprised if the RU paints French involvement in the Revolutionary War as a failed french plot to make America its puppet state and when the great pinnacle man that was Washington refused, the French schemed to impress American sailors and kill our diplomats while the US was weakened by Federalist Scheming. Or that Louis XVI was some secret pinnacle man that was trying to free France from popish tyranny but his attempts failed and the French Revolution was an unholy conspiracy of "Loomie-Popish Conniving" that led to Louis's downfall and established a blasphemous Atheist republic before popery was brought back under Napoleon.

I seem to recall a mention that French aren't Infees by blood- Catholics are Infees, and Frenchmen who convert to the AFC can be Betters.

I seem to recall a mention that French aren't Infees by blood- Catholics are Infees, and Frenchmen who convert to the AFC can be Betters.

Well we do know that Cajun people seemed to be spared during the Tinseltown updates if I remember, French names are looked down upon by the general american but it's not a death sentence as long as they're loyal and AFC believing.

Well we do know that Cajun people seemed to be spared during the Tinseltown updates if I remember, French names are looked down upon by the general american but it's not a death sentence as long as they're loyal and AFC believing.

Edit: I actually decided to go back and look, my source was the "Butcher Era" chapter on part 1. here it quotes:

"Even though many Cajuns lived in Lewisiana as Protestant citizens and it was not inherently "Inferior" to bear a French surname (unless you were Catholic), it was still a major turn-off for most American citizens. Most Protestant French who immigrated to the Union immediately Americanized their surnames, but the Cajuns had remained in their old ways. "

There was also Charlemagne's empire, which would probably be considered a Pinnacle state. The Franks also fought off the Arabs at the Battle of Tours, which the Union would probably look upon positively. Maybe they were Pinnacle Men whose descendants fell under the sway of Papism?

PNWKing

Banned
I remember getting an Evangelical pamphlet in the mail in like 2017 that was full of what could be material for the AFC. Aside from the parts about the Rothschild family since Jews are considered Betters. But it was just obsessed with the Jesuit order and Communism. Just replace Communism with Beutelism or Illuminism and it would be straight up AFC.

I remember getting an Evangelical pamphlet in the mail in like 2017 that was full of what could be material for the AFC. Aside from the parts about the Rothschild family since Jews are considered Betters. But it was just obsessed with the Jesuit order and Communism. Just replace Communism with Beutelism or Illuminism and it would be straight up AFC.
It's kind of scary how close some fringe OTL denominations are to the AFC. The Christian Identity movement would be the AFC incarnate if it didn't hate Blacks and Jews.

What are the Oswaldian Reforms like? Is this supposed to be analogous to the OTL Civil Rights Movement?
I think the model is closer to the Kruschev Thaw. Dictatorship survives and is still authoritarian but it’s noticeably more relaxed than under Stalin/Steele.
I think it's a combo of the Thaw and a Velvet Sexual Revolution. Given ingrained prejudice normalizing relations between the different groups of Betters is likely as close as we'll get to a Civil Rights analogue, especially considering feminism has been part of the MDP party line from the beginning and "separate but equal" (among Betters) has been religious and scientific dogma for going on a century and a half, so there's less ground to cover in those respects.

So who do you guys think would win in a fight?
  • What madness is this
  • Decades of Darkness
  • A More Perfect Union
  • Separated at Birth
  • Reds
  • Timeline-191
Oh, no, that's a horrifying idea. My concept is that all the worlds are "connected" in the middle of the Pacific, where a worlda map (or most other maps) would cut off by a giant portal from the Arctic to the Antarctic. So say AMPU is on the far left and SAB is immediately adjacent to it on its right, sailing or flying east from AMPU Japan, then, would take you to the SAB West Coast. Rinse and repeat (i.e. going east from SAB Japan goes to DOD West Coast).

Alternatively, pair up the different North Americas, flip two upside down, and connect the right side up ones to the upside down ones via Panama. Then everyone can fight over that canal.

I like that idea. Sounds like something that could be modeled in one of the Civilization games. Possibly a modded IV, given the ability to pick "Civics" along a number of different axes. Alternatively, if we're not restricting it to just alt-Americas, throw in the Commonwealth from "Why the Chinese Play Cricket". (Albeit partly because the reactions particularly from Steele/Oswald would be hilarious).

I wonder... the only winner of the Beutelist vs. Illuminist vs. Bonapartist vs. SuperCatholic (Not sure how the sides match up exactly) war in Europe... will be the New United States/Republican Union.
Everyone will be weakened, and unable to do much to stop the NUSA advance.

So, I've been having some thoughts on the Congo Sea Project that Carolina is apparently going to thrust on Mittleafrika. Obviously, even if the plan works correctly (which is horrifying already) I think it's quite possible for this to cause massive instability in Mittleafrika. Cleansing Month caused issues in the Union even as the government denied it was happening. In Mittleafrika, the targeted group also happens to be the majority of the population.

If this happens, I don't think it'll be an accident on Carolina's part. I actually think they'd be hoping for that to happen. The planned location of the Sea is fairly close to Carolinian borders. If the Sea both ethnically cleanses a large area, and destabilizes at least the region immediately surrounding it, the Cokies have both a reason to "intervene" and, when the "intervention" inevitably becomes annexation, the region is now easier to hold down. In other words, all the death and destruction of the Congo Sea Project is basically a false flag attack by the Cokies against a supposed ally so they can make a big land grab. Or at least that's the idea.

So, I've been having some thoughts on the Congo Sea Project that Carolina is apparently going to thrust on Mittleafrika. Obviously, even if the plan works correctly (which is horrifying already) I think it's quite possible for this to cause massive instability in Mittleafrika. Cleansing Month caused issues in the Union even as the government denied it was happening. In Mittleafrika, the targeted group also happens to be the majority of the population.

If this happens, I don't think it'll be an accident on Carolina's part. I actually think they'd be hoping for that to happen. The planned location of the Sea is fairly close to Carolinian borders. If the Sea both ethnically cleanses a large area, and destabilizes at least the region immediately surrounding it, the Cokies have both a reason to "intervene" and, when the "intervention" inevitably becomes annexation, the region is now easier to hold down. In other words, all the death and destruction of the Congo Sea Project is basically a false flag attack by the Cokies against a supposed ally so they can make a big land grab. Or at least that's the idea.
Finally a bit less Jacksonland bordergore. On the other hand, given the fact that the Cokies strut around the League of Nations and bully their compatriots in a bid to show they're a serious and sophisticated power in their own right, wouldn't it be easier and more civilized to just.... buy land south of the sea? They'd spin it as "helping out a fellow conservative Christian nation on the Dark Continent" that expands their holdings, Mittelafrika gets an injection of funds, and foists off what would naturally be an underdeveloped portion of the nation, and all the savages contained therein.

Finally a bit less Jacksonland bordergore. On the other hand, given the fact that the Cokies strut around the League of Nations and bully their compatriots in a bid to show they're a serious and sophisticated power in their own right, wouldn't it be easier and more civilized to just.... buy land south of the sea? They'd spin it as "helping out a fellow conservative Christian nation on the Dark Continent" that expands their holdings, Mittelafrika gets an injection of funds, and foists off what would naturally be an underdeveloped portion of the nation, and all the savages contained therein.
Well, when they do eventually annex it if that above scenario happens, they would likely “purchase” it, but they would be the ones deciding the price, and mittelafrika would likely become dependent on their aid too survive.

That's also an option. I went for the more aggressive idea because that's what I picture Carolinian foreign policy being. A whole lot of warmongering and chest thumping. Also, it could humiliate the Germans in Africa and in West Germany. Between colonial rivalry, Carolina's very small reward in Africa during the Great War, the Germanian Civil War, and the Embassy Massacre, I actually feel like the Cokies might go for it just to humiliate the Germans. Plus, if they were compensated for their work in designing and engineers everything involved in creating the Sea, they could take that money and give it back as "aid" to help further stabilize Mittleafrika, and possibly create a dependency on said aid. In short, they can gain land, humiliate a power that has probably been a thorn in their side, and turn said power into a puppet state, and all for relatively little cost.

That's also an option. I went for the more aggressive idea because that's what I picture Carolinian foreign policy being. A whole lot of warmongering and chest thumping. Also, it could humiliate the Germans in Africa and in West Germany. Between colonial rivalry, Carolina's very small reward in Africa during the Great War, the Germanian Civil War, and the Embassy Massacre, I actually feel like the Cokies might go for it just to humiliate the Germans. Plus, if they were compensated for their work in designing and engineers everything involved in creating the Sea, they could take that money and give it back as "aid" to help further stabilize Mittleafrika, and possibly create a dependency on said aid. In short, they can gain land, humiliate a power that has probably been a thorn in their side, and turn said power into a puppet state, and all for relatively little cost.
Oh the poor Germanians, two reichs caught between a union of Unions on one side and a coalition of Confederations on the other. :rolleyes:

Sorry, guys. I've been pretty depressed lately with everything going on. Haven't done anything fun at all.

Good news: I still have my job and even in lockdown I still have it, as a pharmacy is considered vital infrastructure. Bad news: I'm on the exposure front lines. Please pray/think/sacrifice to Cthulhu for my continued safety. Lol

I did do this last night in Civ 5:

received_898380640601271.jpeg

I may try to write tonight. My gf is locked up in Ohio so I have been calling her in my free time so she's not lonely. Everyone stay safe! <3