WIP Map Thread

Part two of the WIP three part map series.

nwowar.png

Still missing POI and the Key. Always interested in critisism.

>\\ entry-number_456.01.a.
Class:
'parallel_universe'
Type: 'time_rift'
Point of divergence: [POSITIVE]
Date: pending response
Gateway: [FALSE]
Date of Discovery:
Cycle: 5
Month: 10
Day: 24
timeline 78 (2).png

Last edited:
>\\ entry-number_456.01.a.
Class:
'parallel_universe'
Type: 'time_rift'
Point of divergence: [POSITIVE]
Date: pending response
Gateway: [FALSE]
Date of Discovery:
Cycle: 5
Month: 10
Day: 24
View attachment 531698
Anyway, one of my many maps that I've never posted. Decided to go with this one first, just to see how it goes. There's a version with two mini maps (economy and Concert of Nations), but it's so heavily stylized to look computer-ish, thay I've decided to keep it under the covers for the tike being. If you have any questions, I'll be glad to answer them, and I'm going to be more than happy to hear criticism!

Before the unification of Germany and pretty well into the early 20th century most german cartographers would label maps of this region simply "Mitteleuropa". If you'd like to go with a sentence for a title I'd suggest something like "Das Deutsche Kaiserreich und seine Nachbarstaaten" or simply "Karte von Deutschland" (which would be a legitimate description of the region shown).

And just a little pointer: You are missing quite a few ö and ü. Its not that noticeable with the city names but spelling "Königreich" seems very off.
I can also translate the legend if you need help with that. Seems a bit odd to have that be the only part of the map in English.

I've tried to translate the legend myself, this is what I have rn:

City --> Stadt

Austrian Provincial Capital --> Österreichisch Provinzhauptstadt

German State Capital --> Deutsch Landeshauptstadt (is land just a term used for the modern states of Germany or can it apply here too?)

Capital --> Hauptstadt

Austrian Provincial border --> Österreichisch Provinzgrenze

National Border --> Grenze

Border of the German Empire --> Grenze des Deutsche Kaiserreich

How close am I to being correct? Where have I messed up?
Also, I've followed your advice and put in the ös and üs.

Thanks for the help.

I've tried to translate the legend myself, this is what I have rn:
Everything seems pretty good expect a few declination errors:
Deutsche Landeshauptstadt
Österreichische Provinzhauptstadt
Grenze des Deutschen Kaiserreiches

Other than that the only thing I could think of would be that Austrian Provinces were historically referred to as Crownlands (Kronländer i.E. Kronlandsgrenze, -hauptstadt), but that is a very minor suggestion.

Everything seems pretty good expect a few declination errors:
Deutsche Landeshauptstadt
Österreichische Provinzhauptstadt
Grenze des Deutschen Kaiserreiches

Other than that the only thing I could think of would be that Austrian Provinces were historically referred to as Crownlands (Kronländer i.E. Kronlandsgrenze, -hauptstadt), but that is a very minor suggestion.

Even a minor detail like that is nice to incorporate. The declension corrections are super useful. Thank you so much.

The current WIP of my Mosaic Earth map that I've been talking about on a few threads.
mosaic.png

List of ISOTs so far: (Top to bottom order of layering)
Ĉio Sub la Steloj: Canada below 55th parallel plus Greenland and Faroes, Kolyma; United States of Europe; Japanese Sakhalin and Kurils
We Will Conquer the Entire World!: The parts of Romania coterminous with ĈSLS's Zapadoslavia
Union of American Realms: Transylvania, Georgia, West Florida, East Florida, Mayaimi
A Golden Island to the West: California
Lone Star Republic: Texas and Coahuila Commonwealths
Affilated States of Boreoamerica: Labrador, Canada, Upper Country, Upper Connecticut, Illinois, Ohio, Allegheny, Iroquoia, Carolina, Watauga, the Caribbean
Oh I Wish I Was in Dixie: Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky and Tennessee west of the Tennessee River
A More Perfect Union: America (what's left)
Hatsunia: Hokkaito, Aoshima, Mikurajima, Mikuroneshia

Hi guys, I know TL-191 maps are way overdone, but be nice. This map will be different from the usual fare in a few days.

1) New map projection: Equal Earth rather than Robinson
2) Map date will be 2000 (tentative), and demonstrate a world more continuous with the past than OTL.
3) Diverges from Turtledove in the Great War, where the Americans utterly slaughter the CSA and Canadians

---
Imperial Germany won the Great War and now has unrivaled dominion over all of Central-Eastern Europe. Its form of government is that of a deliberative dictatorship, and its relationship with its periphery is utterly ruthless and extractive (except wrt Netherlands, Hungary, and Bulgaria, who are willfully pro-German states.) It's not as prosperous as in OTL, but the issue is that it's prosperous and functional enough to avoid a Soviet-style collapse.
---
America went down a different path. During the time of OTL's Gilded Age (roughly what the Europeans call the "Belle Epoque,") the absence of the South meant that there was little counterweight to coastal business elites and the OTL McKinleyite coalition. Additionally, the Progressive movement was butterflied away, due to the above, and tensions with the CSA/Britain. America as a result looks like a high functioning and militarized banana republic.
In about the 1950s-60s, America had to let go of the CSA and Ontario, as the unrest there had reached a fever pitch, and they had become ungovernable. However, America did its very best to take its pound of flesh. It kept much more of Canada, having settled Americans (White and Black) en masse in the Western provinces.

87PrrAL.png

Last edited:
Czechosilesia, formed after the Paris Peace Conference. A duel state between Czechs and Germans, though the Entente had the Sorbians lumped in to secure a 'Slavic' majority. Based on some quick-maths, Germans would make up roughly 45.2% of the population, with the remaining being the different Slavs (Czechs, Moravians, Silesians, Sorbians, Slovakians, Poles.) The state saw the rise of a Silesian national identity, though the decades of Czech influence eventually pulled the language away from Polish influence and into the Czech sphere.

An alternate Czech corridor is also implemented, with a majority of the panhandle being 'awarded' to Yugoslavia.

04a272c12960653780b677f706a0bc46.png

I have been started work on this, a map where plants and animals, then later, paleolithic humans, are IOST'ed on the Moon (Luna map by ThePoliteCannibal) any criticism would be appreciated. I will be making these maps until the modern days. (There is no write up, and i will probably have some later.) (Sorry if this is supposed to be in the ASB thread, but this is still a WIP)
Edit: The moon is terriformed before hand, and this is 3000 "BC"

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 6.25.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 6.25.47 PM.png
    341.3 KB · Views: 203
I have been started work on this, a map where plants and animals, then later, paleolithic humans, are IOST'ed on the Moon (Luna map by ThePoliteCannibal) any criticism would be appreciated. I will be making these maps until the modern days. (There is no write up, and i will probably have some later.) (Sorry if this is supposed to be in the ASB thread, but this is still a WIP)
Edit: The moon is terriformed before hand, and this is 3000 "BC"
It's a cool concept, but a key would be very useful! Right now there's no way to tell who's who.

It's a cool concept, but a key would be very useful! Right now there's no way to tell who's who.

Thank you for the advice! I have made a key for these nations, but I am not very good with names, so it's still mediocre. I have also started on the second map, no key yet, though. The second map is 300 years later, at 2700 "BC"
Edit: Punctuation

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 10.10.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 10.10.47 AM.png
    301.6 KB · Views: 187
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 10.13.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 10.13.10 AM.png
    370.3 KB · Views: 150
Last edited: