HBO miniseries adaptation of Philip Roth's 'Plot Against America' announced

Personally I would love to write an ISOT in which 1941 Charles Lindbergh is sent to 1943 Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp, dressed as a Jew. Show the Antisemite what his Nazi friends were doing.

The sad thing, is that after several interview with L. Neil Smith and libertarians, the author believes that Charles Lindbergh was someone, who was misunderstood and was not anti-Semitic, believing that FDR was more of a traitor:

The Roswell, Texas webcomic is ASB territory, anyway. How was FDR a traitor to America? And how on earth does Santa Anna dying at the Alamo cause Texas to remain an independent country? If Santa Anna died at the Alamo, then one of his generals would have continued the siege of the Alamo and taken the mission. Butterflies would mean San Jacinto is never fought, and as a result the Texas Revolution probably fails.

Texas might become a state later, having never been a independent nation.

The Roswell, Texas webcomic is ASB territory, anyway. How was FDR a traitor to America? And how on earth does Santa Anna dying at the Alamo cause Texas to remain an independent country? If Santa Anna died at the Alamo, then one of his generals would have continued the siege of the Alamo and taken the mission. Butterflies would mean San Jacinto is never fought, and as a result the Texas Revolution probably fails.

But...but...OBJECTIVISM!!! And pink-clad gay Nazis!!!1!

In all seriousness, L Neil Smith is a complete joke.

It's best not to think to hard about it. According to L. Neil Smith, "Barack Obama is the pampered pet of Chicago gangsters. He is good buddies with a murderous African dictator. And his wacko leftist academic background evokes memories of the style of sideways thinking that inspired the death marches in Cambodia..."

mspence

Banned
It's best not to think to hard about it. According to L. Neil Smith, "Barack Obama is the pampered pet of Chicago gangsters. He is good buddies with a murderous African dictator. And his wacko leftist academic background evokes memories of the style of sideways thinking that inspired the death marches in Cambodia..."
Judging from some of his quotes on Wikiquote, his views are...interesting, to say the least.

xsampa

Banned
I wonder what would happen if TTL’s *fascist America waited until Germany and buddies and Japan were chewing up East Asia and Russia to form a third bloc out of what remained (Britain, Australia, the Americas, parts of the Middle East, India?)

So did anyone watch the first episode tonight? I thought it was fantastic personally.
I watched the first episode here in this morning (the Philippines) because of 9:00 in the morning, but this first episode shows seeing how villainous does Lindbergh was in the first premiered episode, attempting to perform slow undo the foundations of American democracy.

MaxGerke01

Banned
So did anyone watch the first episode tonight? I thought it was fantastic personally.
Agreed. Its also a great hand out to the wider audience who may not have much AH experience. The downside of all of it is that Roth like most non AH focused authors couldn't resist writing an AH that goes about resetting things to OTL parameters after things diverged " too far" . Its the biggest letdown of the novel itself and will be for the miniseries one assumes...

Agreed. Its also a great hand out to the wider audience who may not have much AH experience. The downside of all of it is that Roth like most non AH focused authors couldn't resist writing an AH that goes about resetting things to OTL parameters after things diverged " too far" . Its the biggest letdown of the novel itself and will be for the miniseries one assumes...
I sincerely hope the miniseries will change the ending here.

I think it's a great start so far. It's a bit slow, but I can tolerate it. I especially liked the intro. Does anyone know what song is being played in the intro?