Mario Goes Hollywood: A Collaborative Timeline

Umm we could use tv show voice, or he could do both...ummm

Okay, so I did some research, in Defenders of the Realm (which is probably butterflied ITTL) Kabal was voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson, so we can put an action star in a mask and dub over him with Richardson.

To be honest I think we could give the Shinnok role to Quan Chi and keep Shinnok for 3.

Interestingly, it turns out Quan Chi was supposed to appear in Annihilation. Reportedly, there was an alternate ending where Shinnok and Quan Chi discuss about how everything is going according to plan. So, I'm down for switching them out. Apparently he was supposed to be played by a Thai actor, but I'll allow openings for other ethnicity if no one comes to mind under that condition.

To be honest I think we could give the Shinnok role to Quan Chi and keep Shinnok for 3.
Interestingly, it turns out Quan Chi was supposed to appear in Annihilation. Reportedly, there was an alternate ending where Shinnok and Quan Chi discuss about how everything is going according to plan. So, I'm down for switching them out. Apparently he was supposed to be played by a Thai actor, but I'll allow openings for other ethnicity if no one comes to mind under that condition.
So that Is where MK9 twist come from..work perfectly.

Alright, so let's see who we got left.

• Shao Kahn: (Voice of Frank Welker)
  • Quan Chi:
  • Kabal: (Voice of Kevin Michael Richardson
  • Nightwolf: (Cameo)
  • Stryker: (Cameo)
I'm thinking for Shao Kahn, we bring in WCW wrestler Bryan Clark to be body actor for Shao Kahn. He did play a Shao Kahn knockoff around the time we'd be filming and I'm sure he'll do it for Hollywood money.

Alright, so let's see who we got left.

• Shao Kahn: (Voice of Frank Welker)
  • Quan Chi:
  • Kabal: (Voice of Kevin Michael Richardson
  • Nightwolf: (Cameo)
  • Stryker: (Cameo)
I'm thinking for Shao Kahn, we bring in WCW wrestler Bryan Clark to be body actor for Shao Kahn. He did play a Shao Kahn knockoff around the time we'd be filming and I'm sure he'll do it for Hollywood money.

As for Quan Chi, could we do the same as SHao Kahn: ;have someone dub in his voice while having a suit actor.

Hell, this might help him in the long run because he was in Mortal Kombat Conquest, along with Meng. Good choice.

Last edited:
As for Quan Chi, could we do the same as SHao Kahn: ;have someone dub in his voice while having a suit actor.

Hell, this might help him in the long run because he was in Mortal Kombat Conquest, along with Meng. Good choice.

I dunno if the same can be applied to Quan Chi. Shao Kahn you can dub over since he's usually wearing a face mask. Quan Chi's a bald dude with ghostly white skin and face markings. It might be necessary if the actor we end up with doesn't speak English, but like I said, I'm willing to go with any actor for Quan Chi if we can't find a Thai actor (I really don't know why they specifically wanted Thai.)

I dunno if the same can be applied to Quan Chi. Shao Kahn you can dub over since he's usually wearing a face mask. Quan Chi's a bald dude with ghostly white skin and face markings. It might be necessary if the actor we end up with doesn't speak English, but like I said, I'm willing to go with any actor for Quan Chi if we can't find a Thai actor (I really don't know why they specifically wanted Thai.)
Well we actually do have a Thai actor on set right now: Tony Jaa of Tom-Yum-Goong fame. He is Robin Shou's stunt double. I don't know if he could speak English fluently at this point, but could we just say he does to get the part?

Well we actually do have a Thai actor on set right now: Tony Jaa of Tom-Yum-Goong fame. He is Robin Shou's stunt double. I don't know if he could speak English fluently at this point, but could we just say he does to get the part?

Hrm... it'd be an interesting choice, given this would be his second video game movie ITTL after playing Adon in Street Fighter.

Oh! Here's a thought: Does Art Lean from the first Mortal Kombat movie make it back into the games?

Maybe his soul ends up gaining control over the undead amalgam of souls known as Ermac? Though he'd still go by "Ermac" because "Art Lean" is still dead. Plus the name went from just a way of abbreviating "error macros" to sounding pretty cool in itself.

Dragonheart 2: A New Beginning
Dragonheart 2: A New Beginning

1583947436909.png

Directed By: Rob Cohen
Produced By: Raffaella De Laurentiis
Written By: Charles Edward Pogue

Cast

Dennis Quad as Bowen
Pete Postlethwaite as Gilbert of Glockenspur
Dina Meyer as Kara
Chris Masterson as Geoffrey
Robby Benson as the Voice of Drake
Harry Von Gorkum as Lord Osric of Crossley/Voice of Griffin
Rona Figueroa as Lian
Henry O as Master Kwan

Release Date: August 12, 1998
Budget: $70 million
Box Office: $140 million​

Quick little thing, this movie actually gets a theatrical release and comes out two years earlier than OTL since the first Dragonheart did really good (audiences wanted more fantasy during the downtime of Zelda movies, so they ate up Dragonheart, doubling its box office take ITTL) so this gets a bigger budget than OTL's 11 million and brings back Bowen, Gilbert and Kara from the first movie. Plot is roughly the same, but with the changes that bringing back original cast members would bring. The movie breaks even, but is a disappointment from the original, so the series goes straight to video from here on with a prequel trilogy; Dragonheart 3: The Sorcerer's Curse (2002), Dragonheart 4: Battle for the Heartfire (2004) and Dragonheart 5: Vengeance (2007)