Status
Not open for further replies.

KapiTod

Banned
The British Republic, 1926-1936. Replaced by the Union of British Workers following the Constitutional Convention of 1936.

Attachments

• unknown-166.png
    unknown-166.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

Philip

Donor
An alternate flag for Florida that ends at the 28th parallel.
1. Any explanation?
2. North or south of the 28th?
3. If the canton is supposed to be the Bonny Blue, it should probably be darker.
4. Why not align the canton with the top stripe?

1. Any explanation?
2. North or south of the 28th?
3. If the canton is supposed to be the Bonny Blue, it should probably be darker.
4. Why not align the canton with the top stripe?
1. From my timeline Triumphant, which sees the lands south of the 28th split off as lands belonging to the Seminoles.
2. North
3. Its not supposed to be the Bonnie Blue. I chose a pale blue to represent the Caribbean Sea.
4. Just an artistic choice.

It's slightly asymmetric. The symbol is nice, but I have a feeling it would be more striking if it was rotated 20 degrees to the right. It's very rare to have purple on flags and when it's there it almost always evokes something massive and regal.

It's slightly asymmetric. The symbol is nice, but I have a feeling it would be more striking if it was rotated 20 degrees to the right. It's very rare to have purple on flags and when it's there it almost always evokes something massive and regal.

I was going for something a bit regal, actually, because the architectural style of this state is heavily influenced by Art Deco, Arabic, and African influences, and they're supposed to be one of the richest states in the system. I gave your suggestion a try by the way:
bld.png

I like it but is there any symbolism/meaning behind the colours?

The grey symbolizes the color of the asteroids, the reasons for the existence and continued propserity of the belt

The yellow symbolizes the success and dynamism of the nation

The purple represents the wealth and opulence of the belt (Belter culture is quite materialistic)

Last edited:
Hello again, and welcome to another edition to the Imperial Warlords Flags series! Got three more entries here tonight, so let's get started:

1583731383626.png

The first flag here is unique in the Imperial Warlords series in that it has a little bit more than just the Imperial-styled crest, with the laurel wreath branches added in on either side of the crest. It's not much of an addition, but notable enough to mention.

1583731591319.png

The second flag for tonight is also unique in it's rather... avant-garde design and color choice; looking at it now, I'm starting to think that using this shade of teal may have not been one of my better ideas. But can you really blame me for trying to spice things up here with off-beat design ideas? Hard enough as it is to come up with flags that don't feel bland or run-of-the-mill.

1583731367847.png

The third flag for tonight here is actually inspired by a design made by Ivoshafen over in the Requests thread; I liked the design and thought it might make for a good Imperial Warlord flag, so I copied it and made a few changes to give that Imperial touch to it.

That's it for tonight's presentation, I hope you like them! Until next time!

Hello again, and welcome to another edition to the Imperial Warlords Flags series! Got three more entries here tonight, so let's get started:

View attachment 528842

The third flag for tonight here is actually inspired by a design made by Ivoshafen over in the Requests thread; I liked the design and thought it might make for a good Imperial Warlord flag, so I copied it and made a few changes to give that Imperial touch to it.

That's it for tonight's presentation, I hope you like them! Until next time!
Well lookie here! :p

damned good work as always, I’m glad to see my emblem got put to good use!

These are very nice flags. Have you made one for the warlord Zsinj?

Sadly no, unfortunately I have little idea of what to make for the big-name Warlords like Zsinj's Empire, Delvardus's Eriadu Authority, Teradoc's Greater Maldrood, or Harrsk's Zero Command. They don't have any official emblem of their own like the Pentastar Alignment does, and there isn't any 'local' symbolism or such that I know of for the areas of space they controlled, so though I'd like to incorporate such elements into their flags, without such I don't really have a good basis from which to build off of.

Well lookie here! :p

damned good work as always, I’m glad to see my emblem got put to good use!

Why thank you!:happyblush

I think something based on a stylised iron fist would be appropriate for Zsinj, wouldn't it?
Maybe something like this?
View attachment 529001
I'm not sure about the colours and the relative sizes though.

Huh... good idea with the gauntlet: an appropriate reference to Zsinj's flagship the SSD Iron Fist. Putting the gauntlet over the Imperial Crest I'm not too sure about, however: puts it too closely to the Empire of the Hand's emblem. Maybe do it the other way around: emblazoning the Imperial Crest onto the gauntlet instead? And perhaps using the Aurebesh Zerek letter instead of the High Galactic (read: English) Z. As for the gauntlet design, maybe take the design used by Hearts of Iron 4's focus icons?:

1583798688941.png

Huh... good idea with the gauntlet: an appropriate reference to Zsinj's flagship the SSD Iron Fist. Putting the gauntlet over the Imperial Crest I'm not too sure about, however: puts it too closely to the Empire of the Hand's emblem. Maybe do it the other way around: emblazoning the Imperial Crest onto the gauntlet instead? And perhaps using the Aurebesh Zerek letter instead of the High Galactic (read: English) Z. As for the gauntlet design, maybe take the design used by Hearts of Iron 4's focus icons?:
View attachment 529025
Good ideas - I freely admit the pic I posted was just thrown together in a few minutes. Your various flags/logos have been great, so I'm not going to try to 'compete'. I just wanted to throw the iron fist / gauntlet idea out there, since Iron Fist was so symbolic of Zsinj - it wasn't just his SSD, but also his first command (a Victory-class SD iirc), for which he named the SSD (again, iirc, it's been a while).

Good ideas - I freely admit the pic I posted was just thrown together in a few minutes. Your various flags/logos have been great, so I'm not going to try to 'compete'.

Hey, there's no 'competition' here: if it helps spur creativity and inspiration in others, coming up with ideas that others may not have been able to come up with on their own, contribute as much as you want!😉

Status
Not open for further replies.