WIP Map Thread

b9o0TQi.png
Give the czechoslovacks Transcarpathain Ruthenia. It's cursed to give them fucking Saxony but not an area that would be very much more easy to administrate.

Give the czechoslovacks Transcarpathain Ruthenia. It's cursed to give them fucking Saxony but not an area that would be very much more easy to administrate.
Transcarpathian Ruthenia is settled by russians, when Saxony (named Sorbia) settled by Lusatians

Making a quick map on Napoleon III's ambitions. If any of you guys have anything interesting that I may not know, hmu.

View attachment 527432

Add the Arab kingdom plans, or a at least one of them, both proposal would be led by Abdelkader, the first would carved out from the levant where he was in exile, the second was an interesting proposal to carve out most of Algeria (with thr exception of Oran, Algiers Constantine and the already settled adjacent areas) for Algerians under his rule (this met large opposition from settlers and industrial/agricultural investors and he could never do it despite repeated attempt)

Either way, without a Levantine arab kingdom i’m Pretty sure his extremeambitions would include an independent Christian Lebanon.

Then there are all the oversea ambitions, from Senegal to Korea to Madagascar...

Add the Arab kingdom plans, or a at least one of them, both proposal would be led by Abdelkader, the first would carved out from the levant where he was in exile, the second was an interesting proposal to carve out most of Algeria (with thr exception of Oran, Algiers Constantine and the already settled adjacent areas) for Algerians under his rule (this met large opposition from settlers and industrial/agricultural investors and he could never do it despite repeated attempt)

Either way, without a Levantine arab kingdom i’m Pretty sure his extremeambitions would include an independent Christian Lebanon.

Then there are all the oversea ambitions, from Senegal to Korea to Madagascar...

I did hear about this, in some small research I found this
"Napoleon III had proposed that the Emir be placed at the head of an Arab kingdom stretching from the Mediterranean to the Gulf of Akaba "
I'm not sure where the starting point is, I inferred it was in Algeria, stretching to Sinai, but it could also mean the Levant?

Awesome!
There was also plan to give "Danubian principalities" to Austria as a sort of compensation fro Lombardy-Venezia or for Tuscany...

Unsure how I can incorporate this, since Napoleon both supported Romania & Balkan nationalism. If what I read was correct, Nappy wanted a South Slavic state led by Serbia.

I did hear about this, in some small research I found this
"Napoleon III had proposed that the Emir be placed at the head of an Arab kingdom stretching from the Mediterranean to the Gulf of Akaba "
I'm not sure where the starting point is, I inferred it was in Algeria, stretching to Sinai, but it could also mean the Levant?

Unsure how I can incorporate this, since Napoleon both supported Romania & Balkan nationalism. If what I read was correct, Nappy wanted a South Slavic state led by Serbia.

That seems to be over ambitious, I've heard of such plan but that was basically his wet dream, a string of puppet "arab kingdoms" stretching from the atlantic to bagdad, the more serious proposals only ever concerned algeria and to a lesser extent the levant

Abdelkader was well known for his tolerance of jews and christians, so a Levant state could well include Mt. Liban i think.

In algeria he wanted to divide french Algeria between a smaller region of french law focused on the immediate coast and Oran/Algiers/Constantine and give the rest to an “Arab Kingdom” which would be a protectorate ruled by Abdelkader, where European settlement would be forbidden and following traditional law He actually wanted to give the best land and most ressources to this “Arab kingdom “

I once drew a rough estimate of its extent based on pre existing settler occupation of the land in the 1860s

unknown.png

the part north of the line would be annexed by france, south and in between could be the arab kingdom

Yes. Maybe his policy wasn´t consistent or he didn´t mean that idea of Habsburg principalities serious... on the other hand, why couldn´t exist united Romania under Hbsburg instead of Hohenzollern? Possibly good buffer against Russia...
Didn´t know about that Arabic proposal! Interesting plan