Status
Not open for further replies.
also for the Empire of the Hand I could find this when googling:
1582486243310.png

I know that the Pentastar Alignment and Ennix Devian's group had their own symbols as well for when you make those flags.

Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 12.48.46 PM.png

Flag of the Republic of West Tennessee

Excerpt from Jonathan Langley's The Tennessee Campaign of 1883-1884.
The Tennessee Campaign was one of the most brutal of the Confederate Civil War. The state had been historically divided between the rural, agricultural, pro-slavery West and more developed, less agricultural, abolitionist East. Barring the uncontested election of Jefferson Davies in 1861, for every election cycle the state is consumed by sectarian violence and rioting between the two camps. The state just narrowly voted for Lee in 1867 by a difference of under 0.6%, the closest margin in Southern electoral history. As slavery was slowly phased out, West Tennessee began losing its political and economic influence. Under Beauregard, East Tennessee was greatly favored, and the region tended to receive almost all federal support, leaving the western half destitute and awash in discontent.

Violence in Tennessee only intensified. This bloody period, often compared to the Bleeding Kansas of the 1850's, would be prolonged well into Beauregard's presidency. In 1879, the state actually voted for Early, a fact which President Longstreet would not easily forget: cities like Memphis and Jackson became the epicenter of Richmond's anti-Golden Circle pogroms, robbing West Tennessee from its most powerful voice in national politics. For many, this was the last straw. For several more, this was only the beginning.

When Alabama decided to break free from Confederate control in November 1881, nowhere were the repercussions felt more than in Tennessee. Citizens of West Tennessee, armed and trained by the Golden Circle Army, threw away the shackles of authoritarian rule and raised their rifles in open revolt. In January 1882, Gen. Joseph Wheeler was sent to a burning Memphis to bring order to the widespread upheaval and organize anti-Richmond efforts in the region. He summoned a general meeting of insurgent leaders on 26 January to discuss the future of the movement.

The Congress of Memphis was a historical event. It was an unmistakeable reality that continued existence under East Tennessean control was no longer feasible, and so several ideas were floated around. Wheeler believed that a separate "State of West Tennessee" should be established "within the boundaries of the reformed Southron state that the fires of war are currently forging"; however, radicals were unwilling to submit themselves to yet another superior authority. This is where West Tennessee is different from other liberty-seeking regions of the Confederacy, which readily retorted into the Golden Circle/Freedom fold: secessionist independence ran strong.

Despite the GCP's best attempts to keep Tennessee under their sphere of control, on 29 January the Congress of Memphis voted in favor of independence. The Republic of West Tennessee, the first and most successful of the post-Confederate republics, was born.

Last edited:
View attachment 525568
Flag of the Republic of West Tennessee

Excerpt from Jonathan Langley's The Tennessee Campaign of 1883-1884.
The Tennessee Campaign was one of the most brutal of the Confederate Civil War. The state had been historically divided between the rural, agricultural, pro-slavery West and more developed, less agricultural, abolitionist East. Barring the uncontested election of Jefferson Davies in 1861, for every election cycle the state is consumed by sectarian violence and rioting between the two camps. The state just narrowly voted for Lee in 1867 by a difference of under 0.6%, the closest margin in Southern electoral history. As slavery was slowly phased out, West Tennessee began losing its political and economic influence. Under Beauregard, East Tennessee was greatly favored, and tended to receive almost all federal support, leaving the western half destitute and awash in discontent.

Violence in Tennessee only intensified. This bloody period, often compared to the Bleeding Kansas of the 1850's, would be prolonged well into Beauregard's presidency. In 1879, the state actually voted for Early, a fact which President Longstreet would not easily forget: cities like Memphis and Jackson became the epicenter of Richmond's anti-Golden Circle pogroms, robbing West Tennessee from its most powerful voice in national politics. For many, this was the last straw. For several more, this was only the beginning.

When Alabama decided to break free from Confederate control in November 1881, nowhere were the repercussions felt more than in Tennessee. Citizens of West Tennessee, armed and trained by the Golden Circle Army, threw away the shackles of authoritarian rule and raised their rifles in open revolt. In January 1882, Gen. Joseph Wheeler was sent to a burning Memphis to bring order to the widespread upheaval and organize anti-Richmond efforts in the region. He summoned a general meeting of insurgent leaders on 26 January to discuss the future of the movement.

The Congress of Memphis was a historical event. It was an unmistakeable reality that continued existence under East Tennessean control was no longer feasible, and so several ideas were floated around. Wheeler believed that a separate "State of West Tennessee" should be established "within the boundaries of the reformed Southron state that the fires of war are currently forging"; however, radicals were unwilling to submit themselves to yet another superior authority. This is where West Tennessee is different from other liberty-seeking regions of the Confederacy, which readily retorted into the Golden Circle/Freedom fold: secessionist independence ran strong.

Despite the GCP's best attempts to keep Tennessee under their sphere of control, on 29 January the Congress of Memphis voted in favor of independence. The Republic of West Tennessee, the first and most successful of the post-Confederate republics, was born.
This is good stuff. You ever thought of a separate TL?

Philip

Donor
Charles the Bold has a son and secures his kingdom. His great-grandson inherits France, eventually leading to the United Kingdom of France and Burgundy.

france-burgandy.png

france-burgandy-waving-combined.png

It later became the United Kingdom of France, Burgundy, and Tlemcen, but the flag didn't change.

also for the Empire of the Hand I could find this when googling:
View attachment 525583

I know that the Pentastar Alignment and Ennix Devian's group had their own symbols as well for when you make those flags.

Huh, nice find; though to clarify further, finding one without the clenched fist in the middle will be the difficult part, as the fist obscures much of the pattern that's behind it, which is important to have for an accurate recreation.

As for the Pentastar Alignment, I already made a flag for them earlier, and as for Ennix Devian's Restored Empire, I might give that one a shot in future as well.

Huh, nice find; though to clarify further, finding one without the clenched fist in the middle will be the difficult part, as the fist obscures much of the pattern that's behind it, which is important to have for an accurate recreation.

As for the Pentastar Alignment, I already made a flag for them earlier, and as for Ennix Devian's Restored Empire, I might give that one a shot in future as well.
Lookin forward to whatever comes next then! Theres a lot of untapped ideas in SW and I think you could do em pretty great!

Lookin' forward to whatever comes next then! There's a lot of untapped ideas in SW and I think you could do em pretty great!

Well, you're about to see what comes next right now: six new Imperial Warlord flags! Though none of these are for any specific named warlord faction: just about every fool with a Star Destroyer with dreams of becoming the next Emperor qualified as a warlord, so these flags can be taken to be for any of the numerous minor warlords that were running around in the Imperial Civil War.

1582701304141.png
1582701315416.png
1582701332227.png
1582701341843.png
1582701350878.png
1582701359346.png

Feel free to use any one of these flags for your own projects if you'd like, just remember to credit me for them. Have fun, and until next time!

Feel free to use any one of these flags for your own projects if you'd like, just remember to credit me for them. Have fun, and until next time!
Utterly stunning work! I'm working on a SW fanfiction as of right now, makes me think I should get to putting together a proper banner for my Imperial Claimant faction. Damned good work.

Utterly stunning work! I'm working on a SW fanfiction as of right now, makes me think I should get to putting together a proper banner for my Imperial Claimant faction. Damned good work.

What particularly worked well for me here was giving every flag its own unique variant of the Imperial Crest, making them visually distinct from each other, but still recognizably Imperial.

Flag of the Sharifian Caliphate.jpg

The scenario for this is that the Faisal-Weizmann Agreement not only happens, but actually goes a bit further. King Faisal of the Hashemite Dynasty is recognised as the King of Iraq and a united Levant, including being recognised by the Zionist Organisation as King of Israel, per the Agreement. He is also able to reconquer the Hejaz from the Saudis and proclaim himself Caliph of Islam and Commander of the Faithful.

The star in the centre of the flag is known as the Rub el-Hizb or the Quds Star. It is a symbol of Jerusalem since architecturally the Dome of the Rock is built in this shape, and it is believed by many Muslims to be the Seal of Solomon. The flag of the Kingdom of Israel within the Hashemite Caliphate is similar, except it is blue instead of green, and the Seal of Solomon is six-pointed rather than eight-pointed, as per Jewish tradition.

The Hashemite dynasty is quite a bit more religious in this timeline, using Islam as a popular ideology to counter the rise of secular Arab nationalism and Baathism. It does, however, patronise minority religions as well, and the military and government are organised along confessionalist lines. This is especially the case in the Kingdom of Israel and the Emirate of Mount Lebanon, two whole realms under the Caliph's rule with majority Jewish and Christian populations, respectively.

Time for another opinion search:
So which one of those flags is better for Croatia and Poland, numbers are on the top left of the flags, and croatia is left, poland is right
slavic flags.png

ps: what does the blue on the congress poland flag mean ?

Last edited:
Time for another opinion search
2 for Croatia, 1 for Poland.
I second this
Make that three votes for 2 & 1.
Edited to add reasoning:
• the diamond/lozenge shape at the centre of Croatia-2 looks better than having the NW/NE/SW/SE parts filled as well; in particular, 1 and 3 look a bit like the pattern has ears (think Mickey Mouse) (sorry to put that image in your head!);
• the blue cross on Poland-2 looks like an afterthought; the blue saltire comes from the Russian Naval Jack, so is specific to a particular 'Poland' hence not needed in general.

Last edited:
2 for Croatia, 1 for Poland.
I second this
Make that three votes for 2 & 1.
Edited to add reasoning:
• the diamond/lozenge shape at the centre of Croatia-2 looks better than having the NW/NE/SW/SE parts filled as well; in particular, 1 and 3 look a bit like the pattern has ears (think Mickey Mouse) (sorry to put that image in your head!);
• the blue cross on Poland-2 looks like an afterthought; the blue saltire comes from the Russian Naval Jack, so is specific to a particular 'Poland' hence not needed in general.
4 votes for 2 & 1. Same reasoning.
Thanks to everyone for the votes, especially because those flags were somewhat hard to make, poland was because, as you can see by my other flags, i like to make flags as alternate as possible but somewhat keep them similar to OTL, and Poland doesn't have any non-PLC flags beside the bicolour, the congress flag, and white eagle, red background, so i didn't have much to work with, and whilst browsing for some "alternate flag of poland" for inspiration i saw that some flags (especially the ones that are inspired by congress flag/ Poland-Lithuania-Ruthenia) use blue so i just threw the saltire in there and to keep things "alternate" i just put the coat of arms in the centre
Croatia was a MAJOR pain in the ass for the last few days, because:
A)Like Poland, it doesn't have many historical flags
B)Again, LIKE POLAND, it has very few historical symbols and since lore wise....
hvartska.png

I kinda shot myself in the foot and all i had was, the tricolour, croatian knots, ustase diamond with 4 "ears", the symbols of croatia and slavonia and the checkers
C) the symbols (checkers, slavonia, croatia) were kinda large but they were the main ones so i wanted to fit them in anyway possible
D) As you can see, i'm doing the flags in pixel art, and the rectangle i'm using as the flag's borders has an odd, not an even, number of pixels, which makes it hard to make checkers pattern
Anyhow, sorry for the large rant, but thank you anyway for your vote

Last edited:
Time for another opinion search:
So which one of those flags is better for Croatia and Poland, numbers are on the top left of the flags, and croatia is left, poland is right
View attachment 526206
ps: what does the blue on the congress poland flag mean ?

Using Ustaša-inspired symbolism has very strong connotations to say the least, so I would keep that in mind when making flags. If it is just going to be a Croatian knot though, that will probably work fine, as the positioning and coloration are different enough that people won't likely see the similarities.. I personally would go with 2 for Croatia, and you don't always have to be super alternate. I would go with 1 for Poland.

The blue means Russia basically, It is based off of the Russian Naval Ensign, so it would, IMHO, be unlikely to be used by polish people independent from Tsarist or Republican Russian rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.