I agree that this is a nice concept. I had a quick go at creating a forest flag, but I don't think it works - except as something to make your eyes bleed!
I think it might work better as a decorative rug or tapestry. As a flag, it would give seizures to onlookers when flapping in the wind.

I like the concept mind you. Maybe just reduce greatly the number of trees and suggest the infinity part by having the last tree at each end of a row being cut straight in the middle thus suggesting that the line of trees continue outside of the viewing frame.

*SNIP* while a desert world like Mars might simply have a huge red curve against black).

May I please ask if this basic concept makes sense?
flag (4).png

flag (4).png
flag (2).png

flag (2).png
So, do you mean a design like either of these two?
(BTW, you can use either if you want).

I have a request.

I would like a map of an Arabian Federation that composes the Saudi state. Somewhere in a future timeline, the Saudi monarchy was overthrown and Federalism was embraced and now the former kingdom is nothing but a relic of the past. The borders with all current Arab states in the Peninsula and Iraq are still the same. I would appreciate anyone who takes this request.

It will simply need some new governates which are either enlarged or broken up. Mecca and Medina have semi-autonomous status. Don't worry about those details, I will be the one doing the worrying. Sounds good ya'll?

It will simply need some new governates which are either enlarged or broken up. Mecca and Medina have semi-autonomous status. Don't worry about those details, I will be the one doing the worrying. Sounds good ya'll?

Do you have a list of these governates and a rough idea of what they look like -- or at least, the ones that have to be either enlargened or cut down? Just so I'll know what polygons to muck with in QGIS lol

Edit: Also, is it just a base map plus borders or do you have other details in mind?

Last edited:
I agree that this is a nice concept. I had a quick go at creating a forest flag, but I don't think it works - except as something to make your eyes bleed!

Thank You most kindly for the effort; I've actually had a thought on making it feel a little less busy that will tie in with my basic concept for these flags (more on which below).

I like the concept mind you. Maybe just reduce greatly the number of trees and suggest the infinity part by having the last tree at each end of a row being cut straight in the middle thus suggesting that the line of trees continue outside of the viewing frame.

I appreciate the suggestion; my own thought was that, instead of filling the entire field, the forested area would be a curve to one side - with the rest of the field left black, to symbolise the planet as seen from orbit.

Something like a simplified version of this composition.

Or this one.

One might have to put something in the black area to break up the monotony - the planet I'm thinking of sits in a binary system, so perhaps a sun symbol paired with a star symbol?

I think it sounds like a cool concept. The Forrest planet is beyond my capabilities (Tennessee. flagsdesigner only goes so far) but i could have the mars one by friday for you.

Odinson, thank you most kindly for taking the time and the trouble!:)

So, do you mean a design like either of these two?
(BTW, you can use either if you want).

Thank You again! I was actually thinking of a curve that started in either the bottom left and ended in the top right (or started in the top left and ended in the bottom right) but these are so very, very stylish I'm more than happy to use these for something (this standard looks as though it would make a most flexible base on which to build regional flags).

my own thought was that, instead of filling the entire field, the forested area would be a curve to one side - with the rest of the field left black, to symbolise the planet as seen from orbit.
Something like a simplified version of this composition. Or this one.
One might have to put something in the black area to break up the monotony - the planet I'm thinking of sits in a binary system, so perhaps a sun symbol paired with a star symbol?
Something like this? (but with a better forest - that's just a placeholder from a 'how to draw forests' tutorial I found)
AH_ForestPlanetFlag_PlanetCurve_for_Tiro_FG.png

@777dogs
Here you are.
battlefieldla.png
On March 11th, 2011 20 meteor-like objects would crash of the cost of various nations across the planet, and while nobody knew it when they landed, what followed would see nearly every nation across the planet be forced to contend with hostile life forms in some way, shape, or form.

72 hours following the landing of the meteors, reports came in of strange humanoid beings emerging from the sea around the meteor crash sights and began constructing strange devices. The militaries of the nations that the aliens came upon maintained caution, watching and observing, that was until a civilian with a hunting rifle outside of Los Angeles would invoke the alien’s wrath. This man actions would spark what would come to be known as “The War of all Fronts” for the rapid deployment of land, air, and naval forces on both sides. These aliens were able to move faster however, and within weeks had managed to successfully capture major coastal cities across the planet, forcing human military forces back and leaving the civilian population as prisoners.

The Aliens would soon send large raiding parties throughout the planet, moving along major rivers and water ways, making major leeway’s into human territory, causing large scale damage and then falling back to major command centers. By the start of May however, it became clear that the Aliens were unprepared from a logistical standpoint, often being outnumbered and outgunned by most major human militaries, and often time having to retreat back to sources of water. It was also discovered that the alien’s technologies and weapons, while more advanced, were often run down or seemed to be prone to malfunction, suggesting that the alien force was not an invading one.

It was discovered upon the examination of an alien corpse though that the aliens in question were biomechanical in nature, their flesh, muscles, and organs having been merged to a mechanical frame. This seemed to explain to greater physical abilities of the aliens, along with explaining the humanoid body structure. It was also discovered that these creatures possessed an organ capable of naturally filtering out the salt in ocean water, converting it to fresh water, thereby explaining why the aliens didn’t seem concerned about whether the water source they controlled was fresh or not.

Eventually the alien forces would be pushed back, and their strongholds throughout the planet would all fall one by one, until on June 15th, 2013, the final alien forces surrendered at the second battle of Luzon. With their formal surrender, military forces would set about scanning the sea floor for any signs of continued alien activity, but what they found was unexpected; robotic defense turrets protecting clutches of eggs. Many of the egg clutches would be destroyed however, and it would take considerable intervention to save the remaining ones.

When these surviving eggs hatched, it was discovered that the aliens naturally had a cephalopod like body structure, and that they were naturally adept at tool use. There was not much time to study these hatchlings however, as satellites had detected more meteors of a similar size and density to the ones that the Aliens arrived in two years ago. When this news broke, it was decided among the members of the U.N. that the best course of action will be to take care and ensure that hostilities do not break out again.​

777dogs

Banned
Yes
1.can Ireland be completely Conquered?
2.can Moscow be alien occupied?
3.can there be a points of interest section?
4.can the updated finished product be posted on map thread xix please

That’s all I want added😊

Last edited:
Do you have a list of these governates and a rough idea of what they look like -- or at least, the ones that have to be either enlargened or cut down? Just so I'll know what polygons to muck with in QGIS lol

Edit: Also, is it just a base map plus borders or do you have other details in mind?

Just a base map.

Here's the idea.

The Eastern Province gets cut down into 4 provinces.

Riyadh gets divided into North, South, East, West.

Halil and Qassim become merged into one.

Asir is divided by East and West

Baha gets expanded a bit to the North and the East.

Creative liberty is allowed, have fun in doing this.

Something like this? (but with a better forest - that's just a placeholder from a 'how to draw forests' tutorial I found)
View attachment 526027

Yes, that's most definitely what I was imagining and thank you very kindly for taking a shot at working it up!

I'm operating on the assumption that flags for inhabited planets of the Manticore Binary system would all have that black section and the twin stars as a sort of Science Fiction version of the Union Flag-in-canton design so prevalent in British Empire & Commonwealth flags from a certain generation (also because black appears to be the 'National Uniform' colour for Manticoran forces); I'm also considering the idea that while the Planetary Flags of Manticore & Sphinx would both have those Twin Stars in the top right corner, the Gryphon planetary banner would place them in the top left (to symbolise the fact that Planet Manticore & Sphinx both orbit Manticore A, while Gryphon orbits Manticore B).

Given that Planet Manticore is described as a water world, I'm imagining that it's flag would feature a blue-and-green waves design (or something of that sort).

I have also stumbled onto a Flag of Mars that seems almost equally appropriate for Planet Gryphon; that solar disc would have to be reinterpreted as the planet's moon (called 'Egg' and even larger in proportion than Luna is to Earth), but I really like that red mountain peak standing out against the black (not sure where to place the Twin Stars, but since I imagine Egg looks yellow from the planet's surface it might be wise to make the Twin Suns white in a composition inspired by this design).

Thank You again fellows for continuing to consider my requests & my concepts! :)

XamuelReyes

Banned
First of all I apologize for my english, second is my first post on this page I have years reading tls and all kinds of things in the forum, it was not until recently that I decided to create the account and now I resolve to publish. Anyway I am creating my first tl (which implies a Tsarist superpower) and I am trying to make a map but I find it impossible to establish a geographical area with consistency I have been trying to paint for days and I can not get any results, I just ask that please Someone can add the area of Manchuria, Inner Mongolia and the Caucasus Zone taken by Russia in WW1. please I would greatly appreciate it :pensive:

View attachment 526260

with the caucasus zone I mean this

View attachment 526261

777dogs

Banned
We can request science-fiction and fantasy maps too, right? So I was wondering if anyone would like to try copying the white circular grid below (made by me as a basic concept diagram):

U9ypNB3.png

And superimposing it on a map of the Star Wars Galaxy (the specific map below just being an example to use, the original source for it can be found here):

Star-Wars-Galaxy-Map-low-768x768.jpg

Make any adjustments as necessary to refine the circular grid to perfect and equalize its ratios as much as possible and ensure that it is centered exactly in the center of the Deep Core, with the very edges of the galaxy within the outermost circle of the grid.
Can you make a world map of North America from DMZ please https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMZ_(comics)