The Anglo/American - Nazi War - The on-going mystery

Cities can be rebuilt by stages. Firstly, ports, roads and railroad access (and airports), then a neighbourhood at a time. When original materials are not available, modern material equivalents can be used. This is something that takes decades, but it can be done by countries that are recovering like France decades after the war.

But again, the level of deprivation complicates that, as does the anarchic political situation.

Eastern Europe underwent monstrous exploitation. For people living there, something as simple as salt and pepper might be valued luxuries. Rebuilding the Winter Palace is simply not a priority.

Even OTL, the Tuileries Palace wasn't rebuilt, because it was too much damaged. Various proposals has been made, but only remains the garden.

In Central and East Europe is not surely anything for tourists. German cities are ruined and there is not resources and will make for that anything. And Germany hardly is very favorable tourist destination. And old cities in Russia basically are not anymore. Theorically these can be re-built but it is very expensive and difficult. And there hardly is even enough of population to re-poplate them anyway. Only places where is something watching to tourists are Iberia, Italy, United Kingdom, Ireland, possibility parts of Benelux and Nordic countries.
I think India would replace Europe as the most popular destination for tourists.

How did Romania and Bulgaria end up faring damage-wise? I can’t remember if there was any fighting directly in them
They more or less switched sides like Italy, but they avoided Himmler's biological attacks because Germany had run out of basically everything.

I know it is a weird question but what happened to Lenin' s body after the fall of Stalingrad?

They more or less switched sides like Italy, but they avoided Himmler's biological attacks because Germany had run out of basically everything.

I know it is a weird question but what happened to Lenin' s body after the fall of Stalingrad?

Well, in that case Bucharest might stay known as the Paris of the East, or is this case maybe just Paris.

I’m fairly certain it was mentioned that the USSR evacuated Lenin east to Siberia.

What would have happened if there was no truce between the Reich and the WAllies in ITTL 1947 and the WAllies remained intent on defeating Germany?

What would have happened if there was no truce between the Reich and the WAllies in ITTL 1947 and the WAllies remained intent on defeating Germany?
Roughly ITTL but five years earlier I guess. That said Europe might feel less abandoned and turn on Germany earlier. Also the last 7'500 Jew's die rather than escape.

I know trials were held after the war but what happened to all the Soviet collaborators who worked for the Reich ITTL (1+ million collaborated IOTL)?

Did they manage to integrate back into society without issue or were there trials for them as well even though they could reasonably claim they only aided the Reich out of self preservation?

I know trials were held after the war but what happened to all the Soviet collaborators who worked for the Reich ITTL (1+ million collaborated IOTL)?

Did they manage to integrate back into society without issue or were there trials for them as well even though they could reasonably claim they only aided the Reich out of self preservation?
Most of them would be dead, Generalplan Ost called for it after all. Anyone ajudged "Aryan" by the occupiers would probably have been counted as German by those who survived and likely killed or at least punished after the war, but those who collaberated for their lives were likely killed by the Nazi's once their usefullness was felt to be at an end...

Most of them would be dead, Generalplan Ost called for it after all. Anyone ajudged "Aryan" by the occupiers would probably have been counted as German by those who survived and likely killed or at least punished after the war, but those who collaberated for their lives were likely killed by the Nazi's once their usefullness was felt to be at an end...

Primo Levi, an Italian Holocaust survivor, said something like this about Chaim Rumkowski, the leader of the Lodz Ghetto: his actions were not remotely moral, but you have to consider the unimaginably terrible circumstances Nazism creates, and how it is hard to be good person when an enemy is so dedicated to destroy you.

The actions of Rumkowski and others are just a testament to how..inhuman an ideology Nazism was. In a normal dictatorial regime, collaboration can ensure a decent chance at survival. The Nazis were so awful, that not even collaboration could save you in the end.

A good story set in the AANW universe would be one starring a Nazi collaborator from Eastern Europe who survived the war and escaped justice but suffers from guilt/PTSD due to all the horrors he witnessed and perpetrated out of self preservation.

A good example of this would be J. Bruce Ismay, the White Star Line director. His life after the Titanic disaster could well be described as a "living death". He was hated by the public for leaving the ship, blamed for the disaster, and his career forever tarnished. He lived the rest of his life as a miserable introvert. His own granddaughter felt it would been wiser for him to die rather to than live a life of shame.

Someone who worked for the Reich out of survival might feel the same way.