default.jpg

Is there anyway to get a map like this by 1980? According to the site i found it on, most of eastern europe is soviet puppets, if it helps.

I think for this to begin, we need the nazis to collapse a lot later than the 42 of otl if the soviets are to compete in the post war world...

Why did Germany lose so much territory in the east? Some border adjustments make sense but Stettin being given to Poland is absurd.

Also, what's going on in Palestine and Korea?

Why did Germany lose so much territory in the east? Some border adjustments make sense but Stettin being given to Poland is absurd.

Honestly I have no clue. Maybe the soviets want to shift the polish focus west in case a dispute comes up? but that doesn't sound like Trotskyite foreign policy- by which i mean it is foreign policy.

As for Korea, maybe one is a chinese puppet and the other an american/japanese buddy? But idk why Puyi wouldn't just anex it....

Is there some sort of line running through Germany and separating Europe in two, maybe under a dominant USSR given that the Greater Baltic Duchy, Ukraine, and Lithuania have disappeared? Also France has suddenly reclaimed the whole of Alsace and the whole of Lorraine with Luxembourg now independent again - so our PoD is pre-1919...Greece is a lot smaller, 'Turkey' looks like it's an Ottoman remnant, and the Middle East/Balkans look as banjaxed as ever. Africa is a mess of apparently wholly independent nations while the Raj is broken as previously mentioned. Japan looks to have lost *a lot* of her Empire including Karafuto, Formosa, Koryeo, Manchuria, the various islands, etc. And Canada is independent once again too...

Is there some sort of line running through Germany and separating Europe in two, maybe under a dominant USSR given that the Greater Baltic Duchy, Ukraine, and Lithuania have disappeared? Also France has suddenly reclaimed the whole of Alsace and the whole of Lorraine with Luxembourg now independent again - so our PoD is pre-1919...Greece is a lot smaller, 'Turkey' looks like it's an Ottoman remnant, and the Middle East/Balkans look as banjaxed as ever. Africa is a mess of apparently wholly independent nations while the Raj is broken as previously mentioned. Japan looks to have lost *a lot* of her Empire including Karafuto, Formosa, Koryeo, Manchuria, the various islands, etc. And Canada is independent once again too...
It seems that Mother Russia has replaced Britain and France as the rivals of the US over the twentieth century, with Japan joining the Axis of TTL's WW2. Both of those on their own would be hard sells, how on earth do you do both?

I wonder if China is intended to be a unified polity or if the map is just grouping the various provinces into a single map unit to simplify the political situation there.

I wonder if China is intended to be a unified polity or if the map is just grouping the various provinces into a single map unit to simplify the political situation there.

Probably to simplify if considering the sheer number of 'Grand Generals' 'High Warlords', Princes, Emperors etc etc in that disaster.

Also, what the devil is a 'GDR'? Perhaps some kind of German republic breaking away from the Kaiser?

Feunoyr

Banned
An independent Algeria ??? If this map were published in France you would have a lot of problems ... Also, what happened to the West African Federation? And what is this "Soviet Union" in place of the Russian Holy Empire?

An independent Algeria ??? If this map were published in France you would have a lot of problems ... Also, what happened to the West African Federation? And what is this "Soviet Union" in place of the Russian Holy Empire?

You think that's 'interesting' look south at the rest of Africa...

If you zoom in you can just make out "Israel". So someone did the Madagascar plan but with Palestine. I'm cringing just thinking about it.

So we presumably gave Alaska, with a half-million people, statehood ... but not the Philippines and Cuba? Oh, come on.

Unless they're still Territories like Panama, and the color scheme is just in error.

And I don't care what kind of silly ASB nonsense you pull, there's no such thing as Finland.

So we presumably gave Alaska, with a half-million people, statehood ... but not the Philippines and Cuba? Oh, come on.

Unless they're still Territories like Panama, and the color scheme is just in error.
If Japan was in the Axis, they could've yoinked the Philippines and the US recognized the guerillas to further the decolonization effort they went on to try otl?

And I don't care what kind of silly ASB nonsense you pull, there's no such thing as Finland.
I think they're independent, judging from the map colors.

And have you been reading old Soviet propaganda again?

Probably to simplify if considering the sheer number of 'Grand Generals' 'High Warlords', Princes, Emperors etc etc in that disaster.

Also, what the devil is a 'GDR'? Perhaps some kind of German republic breaking away from the Kaiser?

Maybe a German Democratic Republic? Sounds like something the Marxists would make to sound more pro-letariat.

If you zoom in you can just make out "Israel". So someone did the Madagascar plan but with Palestine. I'm cringing just thinking about it.

Pity the world that misses out on Kosher Malagasy-Bantu cuisine or at least its ready accessibility . Love me some koba, mofo gasy, and lasary with nem and ranovola!

You think that's 'interesting' look south at the rest of Africa...

Well there's now more than one polity south of the Zambezi and I doubt it's German or English. Maybe the Dutch managed to get a colony or two back. But look at East Africa too - what we know as OstAfrika is now almost a dozen countries!