AHC: King of Scotland & Duke of Milan

AFAIK no King of Scotland has ever been Duke of Milan. You challenge is to make this happen. You have no restrictions except having the same person holding the said titles at the same time.

King Francis I of France manages to retain or regain Milan, but the only child of his that has issue is the queen consort of Scotland (counterpart to Madeleine of Valois, but healthier). Her son is obviously the heir to Scotland, and also has a decent claim to Milan as the heir of the House of Visconti.

AFAIK no King of Scotland has ever been Duke of Milan. You challenge is to make this happen. You have no restrictions except having the same person holding the said titles at the same time.

James IV marries Bianca Maria Sforza. James V marries Kristina of Denmark (claims duchy in her name). Duke of Albany marries Bona Sforza. Their kid inherits the claim to Milan. Henry Fitzroy is made duke of Milan and married to Maria of Viseu. Their daughter marries James V's son. Fitzroy's son dies of the usual Tudor curse.

OP never said that the person had to ACTUALLY HOLD the duchy of Milan.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but with

I actually meant that. Unfortunately my English gets worse every post.

Fair enough. My examples can still stand. Just needs some finessing, since the duke of Bavaria-Landshut, the duke of Beja, the duke of Richmond, Ippolito de Medici and another Italian prince all considered marrying Kristina to get their hands on the Milanese dukedom IIRC. It was only the duke of Albany/James V, the duke of Cleves and the prince of Orange who had no interest in claiming Milan through her.