Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I side against the mods when they abuse their power. It's only that they abuse their power quite often, just because I don't comment when I agree with them does not mean I don't agree with them from time to time. AH.com clearly has a reputation for shitty mods and we have for years.

As for the map in question, it was clearly a dumb meme and I'd hardly say it was 18+. There's a reason CalBear tried to claim the rule was 13+ like an idiot when we could all read the rule, because they know most people will just assume their right. If that map counts as 18+ then the countless threads about Nazi's and Genocide do as well. But neither are 18+.

Here's the thing, dude. Criticism of moderator actions is something that's not only allowed but encouraged. Creating a massive derail over a stupid hentai joke is not. You've been specifically warned not to derail threads by ranting about moderation, so this time you're kicked.

I have several questions.
Firstly how did Greece take Western Anatolia after being defeated in Greco-Turkish War/Turkish War of Independence and the Greco-Turkish Population Exchange? I mean it could have plausibly happened during the but seems weird to me, I would like an explanation.

More importantly the Kingdom and the Republic in Italy seems to have been reserved. There could be a good reason but looking at the post-WW2 Italian Monarchy Referendum the South voted to keep the monarchy while the North was republican. Also Rome/Lazio is more southern in character than the north.
Okay that part's my mistake. The POD is around 1920.

As to the reversal, it's due to the south feeling betrayed by the Italian monarchy. The borders of North Italy are similar to that of the Salo state, indicating that Victor Emmanuel III is more or less an unwilling hostage in the north. The image left a mark in Salo-era Italy, and thus led to the reversal. Rome/Lazio mostly didn't flip due to the Vatican. Not shown is Sardinia, which is the only region outside of Rome to not flip, but because of different reasons.

Last edited:
Honestly i’m legit mad that the dispute before buried some of the best alternate history maps i’ve Ever seen

I just love this, it’s aesthetically the best election map i’ve Ever seen here, and this is probably the one of the best take on a victorious CSA, it’s clear, concise while covering all the important social and economic problem the CSA would face after a victory and trying to logically deduce where this would lead instead of falling into cliche

I love it! The writeup is awesome and it’s probably your

Yeah, me too. It's a shame that it got buried. It needs to be posted again.

But for me, the true strength of the post wasn't the map, which was darn good by itself, but the write up for all the reasons you mentioned. And the fact that it doesn't wrap everything up neatly at the end.

Here's a map of mine to ease your pain
s5HZXjS.jpg

Careful its nsfw. Its a sexy india
What on this map is different from OTL?

I can see that the Portuguese exclave is far larger than it was, but I'm not familiar enough with the Raj's internal boundaries to notice any deviation.

What on this map is different from OTL?

I can see that the Portuguese exclave is far larger than it was, but I'm not familiar enough with the Raj's internal boundaries to notice any deviation.

The internal borders look fine but the national borders on Baluchistan, Sikkim, Burma, Afghanistan, the USSR and Bhutan all look different to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.