An Unexpected Prince

VVD0D95

Banned
he had bad lungs, not a random exposure to an illness.
Of course, you've already magically cleaned up a lot of bad health (such as Anne's kids), so what's one more? :p

Lol. Bad lungs yes, but he also was under a lot of pressure due to the poor naval performance of the Fleet during the War of Spanish Succession, which when combined with his lungs gave him dropsy and fucked up health. Not saying he won't die soon, but he's got a few more months in the tank.

And tbf, with Anne, what's giving her two surviving kids?

And tbf, with Anne, what's giving her two surviving kids?
Doesn't she have 2 surviving offspring in TTL, when in OTL, she had extreme difficulty with miscarriage, stillborn, and sickly babies?

I like the TL, but have to give you two thumbs down for having people live, or die, in multiple, unrelated PODs. I think I said that before, though. Your TL will be dead to me if the Bourbon family have a mass die off in a couple years, as they are at the top of the list of butterflies which are a no brainer. I think I said that before, too. ;)

VVD0D95

Banned
Doesn't she have 2 surviving offspring in TTL, when in OTL, she had extreme difficulty with miscarriage, stillborn, and sickly babies?

I like the TL, but have to give you two thumbs down for having people live, or die, in multiple, unrelated PODs. I think I said that before, though. Your TL will be dead to me if the Bourbon family have a mass die off in a couple years, as they are at the top of the list of butterflies which are a no brainer. I think I said that before, too. ;)

She did otl yes, though, surely that's more of a toss of the coin than anything else. Nothing I've seen suggests that was anything other than bad luck.

And fair shout on the people living and dying aha.

And don't worry the Bourbons aren't having a massive die out.

Nothing I've seen suggests that was anything other than bad luck.
The miscarriage/stillborn thing has been theorized to be due to a medical condition. If not, that's one hell of a run of bad luck. 14 miscarriage/stillborn/dead within hours is not a coin flip. 2 of the earliest daughters got caught in a palace bout of smallpox at 2 yrs, and under. William is the only other one who could properly be called born living, and he was sickly as hell. The 2 daughters died too early to say if they were sickly or not.

VVD0D95

Banned
The miscarriage/stillborn thing has been theorized to be due to a medical condition. If not, that's one hell of a run of bad luck. 14 miscarriage/stillborn/dead within hours is not a coin flip. 2 of the earliest daughters got caught in a palace bout of smallpox at 2 yrs, and under. William is the only other one who could properly be called born living, and he was sickly as hell. The 2 daughters died too early to say if they were sickly or not.

That is true, still, keeping it to two isn't too bad aha.

Perhaps a visit to the scandinavian countries is in order? With Peter the Great dead, there are bound to be some butterflies in this region of the world. While I would love a timeline where Denmark gets Scania back, I fear that the death of Peter might favor Sweden more during a potential alt-his Great Northern War... Although, some positive butterflies could potentially favor Denmark-Norway. If I recall right, they had some poor luck during that war. The new queen of England/Scotland is also the cousin of the Danish king Frederik IV, though I’m not sure if that would affect anything.

VVD0D95

Banned
Perhaps a visit to the scandinavian countries is in order? With Peter the Great dead, there are bound to be some butterflies in this region of the world. While I would love a timeline where Denmark gets Scania back, I fear that the death of Peter might favor Sweden more during a potential alt-his Great Northern War... Although, some positive butterflies could potentially favor Denmark-Norway. If I recall right, they had some poor luck during that war. The new queen of England/Scotland is also the cousin of the Danish king Frederik IV, though I’m not sure if that would affect anything.
This is true and without Augustus in Poland, the impetus for the northern war was butterflied, so there is that as well.

I’m not sure, I think it was @Jan Olbracht who mentioned a Sobieski king would probably have a different priority
I'm not necessarily sure, if I recall right, the OTL Augustus II of The PLC wanted the land to strengthen the king's position, so that he perhaps could institute a hereditary monarchy. This seems like a reasonable position for a Sobieski ruler as well, although, I must admit that my knowledge of polish history is not exactly amazing :)

VVD0D95

Banned
I'm not necessarily sure, if I recall right, the OTL Augustus II of The PLC wanted the land to strengthen the king's position, so that he perhaps could institute a hereditary monarchy. This seems like a reasonable position for a Sobieski ruler as well, although, I must admit that my knowledge of polish history is not exactly amazing :)
Very true, I’ll do some digging and see what comes up :)

But Augustus II needed to use Saxon army to invade Livonia. Polish nobility was against that war. If not the fact, that Augustus was able to use Saxon troops PLC would remain neutral.