Should we change this title to "The Big 4 comics industry"

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes but it will have to change when Image comics is formed?

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No Fawcett comics survives is a good title

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well Mothman was supposed to be Fawcett's answer to Swamp/Man Thing but if Steve Gerber insists on having a plant based monster hero, he would probably just use The Heap
View attachment 521996

If Fawcett gets the Heap from Hillman will they also get Airboy?
Airboy was one of the best independent Comics in the 80's with great stories from Chuck Dixon with help from Tim Truman and good art from Ron Randall and Stan Woch.
It was one of Eclipse comics best books in the 80's and would IMHO fit in well with the other characters at Fawcett.

@THeaven Nice line up for the Defenders there.

Strong mix of skills and powers. Are they mostly facing world ending/cosmic problems in this time period?
Well the stories will be more traditional then what the Defenders dealt with in the OTL.
Remember that Gerber is over at Fawcett insteat of at Marvel/Atlas.

Around this time DC and I believe Marvel too developed several newspaper comic strips. I believe Spiderman was still going up until 2019. Did Fawcett ever decide to get into the newspaper strips?

Another crazy question, In the OTL Steve Gerber did a title called Destroyer Duck for eclipse comics. He did that book to raise money for his fight with Marvel over the money that they were making with Howard the Duck and refusing to pay him. The Artwork on Destroyer Duck was done by Jack Kirby.
Does Gerber have the same issues with Fawcett? If so does he do Destroyer Duck?
If not does Jack Kirby come over to Fawcett? If he comes in the late 70's after the release of Star Wars in the Theater , he might bring Captain Victory . In the OTL, Kirby did that book for Pacific. In the OTL Captain Victory need someone to serve as the editor on the comic , but Pacific let Kirby just do as he wanted and the Story suffered.

If Fawcett gets the Heap from Hillman will they also get Airboy?
Airboy was one of the best independent Comics in the 80's with great stories from Chuck Dixon with help from Tim Truman and good art from Ron Randall and Stan Woch.
It was one of Eclipse comics best books in the 80's and would IMHO fit in well with the other characters at Fawcett.
Ok I thought heap was public domain at that point
@THeaven Nice line up for the Defenders there.

Strong mix of skills and powers. Are they mostly facing world ending/cosmic problems in this time period?
Yeah I didn't want to alter the 70's lineup to much
Sorry for the delay in response but I've just started recovering from the flu

Ok I thought heap was public domain at that point
Hillman was a publisher that mainly printed True Confession and True Crime Magazines.
It had a Comic Line that other then Airboy, was the most generic collection of comics I ever seen.
Since they ceased printing comics in 1951, It possible for Fawcett to get their comic line.
IIRC the Heap appeared in the Skywolf Comic and then guest stared in the Airboy Comic .

In the OTL Two issues of Airboy comics were reprinted in the 70's and Eclipse Comic got the right to the Air Fighters characters including the Heap, Airboy, Sky Wolf and Valkyrie in the 80's. If one of the creator at Fawcett see the 70's reprint, they might contact Hillman for the rights. Hillman magazines had folded by 61. So they should be willing to sell the rights.

There was a Similar character called the Heap that appeared in Skywald's Horror Magazine in the early 70's and Todd McFarlene did a Character called the Heap in a issue of Spawn in the 90. They are all similar but have different background and details.
So yes you could do the Heap with out the rights from Hillman but I think it be more interesting to bring the Air Fighters Characters over to Fawcett.

Last edited:
Hillman was a publisher that mainly printed True Confession and True Crime Magazines.
It had a Comic Line that other then Airboy, was the most generic collection of comics I ever seen.
Since they ceased printing comics in 1951, It possible for Fawcett to get their comic line.
IIRC the Heap appeared in the Skywolf Comic and then guest stared in the Airboy Comic .

In the OTL Two issues of Airboy comics were reprinted in the 70's and Eclipse Comic got the right to the Air Fighters characters including the Heap, Airboy, Sky Wolf and Valkyrie in the 80's. If one of the creator at Fawcett see the 70's reprint, they might contact Hillman for the rights. Hillman magazines had folded by 61. So they should be willing to sell the rights.

There was a Similar character called the Heap that appeared in Skywald's Horror Magazine in the early 70's and Todd McFarlene did a Character called the Heap in a issue of Spawn in the 90. They are all similar but have different background and details.
So yes you could do the Heap with out the rights from Hillman but I think it be more interesting to bring the Air Fighters Characters over to Fawcett.
A long shot possibility would be if Ted Sturgeon decided to work at Fawcett in the 70's. It was Sturgeon who short story IT that influenced all the swamp creatures including The Heap, Man Thing and Swamp Thing . Marvel did a adaption of the short story It for one of it horror comics in the 70's.
It might be interesting to see Sturgeon do some comics. In the OTL , He did not do comics but he did do some Television including the Original Star Trek and the Land of the Lost. So it be unlikely but not ASB.

Last edited:
The 70's are looking really strong so far it's sometimes overlooked in comics history but the bronze age is shining here and setting the stage for a different 80's for sure. I'm liking the Outsiders at Atlas basically taking the place of X-Men. That's a twist I hadn't expected. Does the new Outsiders inherit the New X-men's villains and concepts too like the HFC, the Shiar, and Krakoa? Are we getting an altered Phoenix saga with a character like Darkstar? Tons of possibilities. Wondering if when the X-Men do reappear they're the antagonists. What if a state like Latveria reaches mutant equality earlier than any other ironically? The former teen heroes and their cohorts becoming disillusioned with life in America and packing their bags. Dr. Doom welcoming them with open arms. Just an idea. Thanks again for a terrific post.

Time Traveler 6.JPG.jpg

The Microman toyline created by Japanese-based toy company Takara in 1974 created from necessity thanks to an oil shortage in Japan. In 1976 mego aquired the the American distribution of Microman as Micronauts changing the action figure game from then on.

Fawcett comics survives?
PSX_20200224_101453.jpg
In June of of 1976 The Avenger sacrificed his life in the pages of CBS comics T.H.U.N.D.E.R agents #100 . by Larry Hama, and Howard Chaykin
Roger Wright would sacrifice himself to stop S.P.I.D.E.R from nuking Washington D.C on the Bicentennial

comics on TV
ElectraWoman&DynaGirl.png

In September of 1976 Electra Woman & DynaGirl appeared as part of the Sid and Marty Croft show on PTSN created by Joe Ruby & Jack Spears.The program followed the crime-fighting exploits of female caped crusader Electra Woman (played by Deidre Hall) and her teen sidekick Dyna Girl (Judy Strangis), who worked in their off-time as reporters for Newsmaker Magazine (The full real names of the two were never revealed in any of the installments, although their first names were Lori and Judy, respectively.) In each episode, the duo would don skintight spandex in a bright flash of light called an "Electra-Change," get into the "ElectraCar," and use an array of technically advanced gadgets to thwart an eclectic collection of supervillains. They were assisted by Frank Heflin (Norman Alden), a scientist who stayed at their "ElectraBase," operating its highly sophisticated "CrimeScope" computer, a parody of the BatComputer, while keeping in continual contact with the pair through their "ElectraComs." Electra Woman and Dyna Girl were basically a female version of the campy 1960s Batman TV show, complete with nonsensical plots, over the top villains and Dyna Girl uttering phrases like "Electra Wow!" or "Electra Yikes!" and so on.

Cast and characters
Lori / Electra Woman was played by Deidre Hall.
Judy / Dyna Girl was played by Judy Strangis. Dyna Girl is Electra Woman's young sidekick.
Professor Frank Heflin was portrayed by Norman Alden.
Though the original series lasted one year Charlton comics would produce the Electra Woman & DynaGirl in comics approved by Ruby & Spears themselves which proved popular enough to warrant an animated series when Joe & Jack Started their own company
PSX_20200302_135721.jpg

comics to Film
x1aYqPBQ.jpg

In May of 1976 Alexander and Ilya Salkun were forced to let British Director Guy Hamilton from their Superman movie production due to Hamilton's tax issues preventing him from working in the UK.
644074_212880372178812_1516923246_n.jpg

Richard Donner fresh off his horror film the Omen would be given the job of directing and with his help he would throw out Mario Puzos script and help Siegel & Shuster get their recognition as Superman's creator.
MV5BMTg3MDYyMDE5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjgyNTEzNA@@._V1_.jpg

Unfortunately Richard Donner was not able to convince Marlon Brando (who was originally cast as Jor-el) to stay on board with a paycut and would have to be replaced

View attachment 529808
In May of 1976 Alexander and Ilya Salkun were forced to let British Director Guy Hamilton from their Superman movie production due to Hamilton's tax issues preventing him from working in the UK.
View attachment 529809
Richard Donner fresh off his horror film the Omen would be given the job of directing and with his help he would throw out Mario Puzos script and help Siegel & Shuster get their recognition as Superman's creator.
View attachment 529951
Unfortunately Richard Donner was not able to convince Marlon Brando (who was originally cast as Jor-el) to stay on board with a paycut and would have to be replaced
Who doing the Script in this timeline?
OTL William Goldman was asked .
Also Leigh Brackett was considered.
Alfred Bester was hired to do a outline then fired because he was not famous enough and replace by Mario Puzo .

I like the story in the movie but Luther is play for Humor when he should be darker.
And I hated the flying backward in time ending.

Who doing the Script in this timeline?
OTL William Goldman was asked .
Also Leigh Brackett was considered.
Alfred Bester was hired to do a outline then fired because he was not famous enough and replace by Mario Puzo .

I like the story in the movie but Luther is play for Humor when he should be darker.
And I hated the flying backward in time ending.
From what I learned IOTL Richard Donner did have a complete rewrite of Mario Puzos script hence why David & Leslie Newman were brought in however I like the of Leigh Bracket being brought in as Superman ITTL is more pulpy Scifi
But the question is who should cast as Jor-el? My choices are
  • Oliver Reed (as a favor to the Salkinds )
  • Gregory Peck (as a favor to Richard Donner)
  • John Hart (TVs Superman)