Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

Do you know the Manchu tried to ban foot binding so treating it as a Qing thing is idiotic
By the end of the Qing, they'd been so influenced by Han Chinese culture, foot binding very much was a Qing thing.

Still a Qingaboo tho

Last edited:
The new Dankest Hour patch was launched, and the best part of their Hungarian focus tree are the icons:
unknown.png

It is really impressive the amount of detail, it rivals TNO.

The dankest hour mod is honourably putting Cachin as the leader of the Jacobins, yes, the first non Soviet to win the order of Lenin. Communism is back on the track, gentleman!

By the end of the Qing, they'd been so influenced by Han Chinese culture, foot binding very much was a Qing thing.

Still a Qingaboo tho
But as far as I'm aware the Manchu people themselves (including the Manchu courtiers) never practiced it.
Instead Manchu women wore these peculiar platform shoes.

But as far as I'm aware the Manchu people themselves (including the Manchu courtiers) never practiced it.
Instead Manchu women wore these peculiar platform shoes.
That's all true, but I interpreted the question as referring to the Qing state, rather than the Qing royals.

[insert "you can always go back to a previous version without all the cool new features!" argument here]
That being said, toggling back and forth between versions is an absolute pain, but I'm pretty hyped to try out the reworked Spanish Civil War. The anarchists look especially fun, but then again I'm a tad biased.

You're going to have to remind me how to go back to a previous version...it's been a long time and I've forgotten.

Brief German Empire game update with end goal of reforming Holy Roman Empire: Wilhelm II is back on the throne ~ hopefully not too negative an effect on stability but if that's the case maybe my operatives could arrange for him to meet a fatal "accident" when he goes to the ceremony to restore British titles after I complete the Alliance with the Shade National Focus?

I yearn for an opportunity to crush France and the low countries but, first things first, the Reich must conquer Italy and Austria but because I went on the Opppose Hitler focus tree immediately the historical Anschluss with Austria is unavailable to me...am I going to have to fight them or is Anschluss still possible?

Deleted member 107125

So, this is not a rant, it is something below that, a lamentation.

There is a growing popularity for the Qing Dynasty thanks to kaiserreich, more and more videos are being pumped about PuYi, like the one below that came just a few days ago:

I see Qing memes on the KR reddit and a lot of people talking about them. I really would love to be part of this crowd and everything, I'm usually a monarchist (not for Brazil due recent screw ups by the part of the royal family *cough*supporting Bolsonaro*cough*). The thing is that I cannot see any reedeming quality on the Qing apart from having the greatest territorial expansion. I met this guy from Chongqing, Yan, and asked about them, and he said that his grandgrandmother had her feet deformed due the obligatory Qing shoe. There was also a sense of superiority by the part of the Manchu over other chinese, and the obligatory Qing hairstyle was a way to show subordination, it was not promoted as something "cool" or "patriotic", it was obligatory to show the people that the Manchus ruled...

So like, as much I want to follow this trend and go full "Yeah Qing, awesome!", I cannot, I believe it is something wrong on my opinion. Thankfully the Qing on Kaiserreich is westernized and democratic to a certain extent, so it is a different Qing,, a better Qing, so I don't have trouble and in fact I can be a qingaboo with KR Qing while I cannot with the OTL one.
Puyi was also a notorious pedophile

If Huey Long restore the USA after his victory, does he restore it as a democracy?
Eh, sort of. There’s technically still elections, but the AFP remains as the dominant party and the executive branch (Huey) is the only branch of government with any real power. Think of it as something along the lines of Putin rules Russia.

If Huey Long restore the USA after his victory, does he restore it as a democracy?
There is a semblance of local democracy, albeit heavily dominated by the AFP and its paramilitaries who probably "encourage" supporters of other candidates to stay home. For President, you get all the choices a red-blooded AMERICAN man could possibly want: Huey Long, or Huey Long! Ain't it swell to be an American?