Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

Deleted member 107125

Gonna try a Savinkov playthrough today. This shall be fun, hopefully.

It’s easily the most fleshed out path for Russia, but that’s not really saying much since all of the paths for Russia are bare bones as fuck. It’s one of the main reasons why I’m looking forward to their eventual Russia rework.

uallll
You have to know, that at a good day the SPD would get 35% of the vote and on a really, reallly good day the leftliberals would get 10%
The majority of the Germans actually voted for partys, which preffered, that the Kaiser had the final word

I agree with this. While the SPD was in power in 1918 (if I'm not wrong, they had a SPD chancellor, Ebert, so much that he dies on KR and the kaiser refuses to go on his burial), the estabilishment wins the war. Germany is naturally a conservative country, even today the CDU is the largest party, so you have the DKP to get the prestige of the victory, plus the victory on the chinese intervention again under the DKP with chancellor Tirpitz, and you garantee that the mainstream and popular party will be the DKP. Furthermore German conservatism got something I like that american conservatism don't that is the support (ok, that is romantising a bit, but the respect) for the worker's rights, so the SPD can promise to expand the rights more but they cannot say that the DKP doesn't respect the common man.

Ninja'd by two hours? That's not how I've heard people use that term.
Well, I use ninja'd as term for getting stuff done first. I know that it's used for a small margin of time, but to me, it doesn't really matter.
I meant, ninja'd as if getting the news quicker than me (not the time of publishing it here).XD

Last edited:

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
What’s GM mean?

"Game master", synonymous and sometimes used interchangeably with "dungeon master" for the tabletop game Dungeons and Dragons. Ice34 ran a Kaiserreich election game here on AH.com last spring with the end goal of averting the Second American Civil War and asserting America's place on the world stage.

It’s easily the most fleshed out path for Russia, but that’s not really saying much since all of the paths for Russia are bare bones as fuck. It’s one of the main reasons why I’m looking forward to their eventual Russia rework.

Out of the two years I've played Kaiserreich I've never tried a Savinkov playthrough. Then again that might have something to do with me being a dirty syndie, but I'll definitely get around to it sometime.

Kaiser Cat Cinema, as always, has outdone themselves.

Out of the two years I've played Kaiserreich I've never tried a Savinkov playthrough. Then again that might have something to do with me being a dirty syndie, but I'll definitely get around to it sometime.
You're not really missing all that much. Aside from Savinkov's small political tree, the Perestroika tree, and a couple of flavor events, there is essentially nothing that distinguishes Savinkov from the other paths available to Russia. You're better off just waiting for the Russia Rework, however long that takes.

"Game master", synonymous and sometimes used interchangeably with "dungeon master" for the tabletop game Dungeons and Dragons. Ice34 ran a Kaiserreich election game here on AH.com last spring with the end goal of averting the Second American Civil War and asserting America's place on the world stage.
I will have to see to rebooting that here in a few months. Most likely not until after the summer unfortunately due to school. But still. That was an absolute joy to run. If stressful.

So, this is not a rant, it is something below that, a lamentation.

There is a growing popularity for the Qing Dynasty thanks to kaiserreich, more and more videos are being pumped about PuYi, like the one below that came just a few days ago:

I see Qing memes on the KR reddit and a lot of people talking about them. I really would love to be part of this crowd and everything, I'm usually a monarchist (not for Brazil due recent screw ups by the part of the royal family *cough*supporting Bolsonaro*cough*). The thing is that I cannot see any reedeming quality on the Qing apart from having the greatest territorial expansion. I met this guy from Chongqing, Yan, and asked about them, and he said that his grandgrandmother had her feet deformed due the obligatory Qing shoe. There was also a sense of superiority by the part of the Manchu over other chinese, and the obligatory Qing hairstyle was a way to show subordination, it was not promoted as something "cool" or "patriotic", it was obligatory to show the people that the Manchus ruled...

So like, as much I want to follow this trend and go full "Yeah Qing, awesome!", I cannot, I believe it is something wrong on my opinion. Thankfully the Qing on Kaiserreich is westernized and democratic to a certain extent, so it is a different Qing,, a better Qing, so I don't have trouble and in fact I can be a qingaboo with KR Qing while I cannot with the OTL one.

Deleted member 82792

fsgr873kmtf41.png

Deleted member 107125

So, this is not a rant, it is something below that, a lamentation.

There is a growing popularity for the Qing Dynasty thanks to kaiserreich, more and more videos are being pumped about PuYi, like the one below that came just a few days ago:

I see Qing memes on the KR reddit and a lot of people talking about them. I really would love to be part of this crowd and everything, I'm usually a monarchist (not for Brazil due recent screw ups by the part of the royal family *cough*supporting Bolsonaro*cough*). The thing is that I cannot see any reedeming quality on the Qing apart from having the greatest territorial expansion. I met this guy from Chongqing, Yan, and asked about them, and he said that his grandgrandmother had her feet deformed due the obligatory Qing shoe. There was also a sense of superiority by the part of the Manchu over other chinese, and the obligatory Qing hairstyle was a way to show subordination, it was not promoted as something "cool" or "patriotic", it was obligatory to show the people that the Manchus ruled...

So like, as much I want to follow this trend and go full "Yeah Qing, awesome!", I cannot, I believe it is something wrong on my opinion. Thankfully the Qing on Kaiserreich is westernized and democratic to a certain extent, so it is a different Qing,, a better Qing, so I don't have trouble and in fact I can be a qingaboo with KR Qing while I cannot with the OTL one.
Osman was probably the most weird. He was a feudalist who used paramilitaries to attack Hindu and pro-independence citizens of Hyderabad. Then again his legacy is somewhat debated in a India, with many in the state of Telangana loving him. Indian atrocities in Hyderabad were also pretty bad against the local Muslims, but there is no doubt Osman was an incompetent ruler who used his Razakar militias to terrorise villages and crush peasants.