Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Here's a map of mine from earlier this year showing the Tripartite Indenture of 1405, the war aim/proposal of Owain Glyndwr, Henry Percy, Earl of Northumberland, and Edmund Mortimer in their rebellion against Henry IV.
29xvnzn.png
Photo is no longer available, can anyone reupload it? thanks!

So here's something I made showing the popularity of various proposed separatist movements and suggestions for new independent states. Also, in the spoiler you can see all the sources I used to make this.

So I did something similar, this time showing various suggested unificationist/annexationist movements.

Sources listed below

Crazy Boris

Banned
LOL not being subtle about the whole "let's take the territory where all the Kurds happen to live!"

Let’s not forget the Assyrians, too.

I checked an Ethnic map of Iraq and the Iraqi Turkmen only live in like 1/10, probably less, of the area that would be taken from Iraq. Not sure about Syria, but that bit would probably even be less Turkic.

Here's another thing I made, showing various proposed territorial purchases over the last three centuries (plus a few that actually happened)
I seem to recall north Borneo being sold to the US for a few months in the 1840s before being sold back to the British due to lack of easy access. There’s not a whole lot of surviving info about that.

I seem to recall north Borneo being sold to the US for a few months in the 1840s before being sold back to the British due to lack of easy access. There’s not a whole lot of surviving info about that.

You must mean this, and it wasn't sold to the United States, but was leased to private Americans (the US government actually thought the venture was a waste of money and refused to back them) to establish a settlement in the jungle. The settlement failed and the land was then sold on to an Austrian baron who in turn sold it on to a British chartered company (rather like the East India Company and thus given a royal charter to conduct exploration and colonization)....

Last edited: