For a Gore Prosperous Tomorrow

How will McCain deal with the populace that still dislikes the Corporations and the 1% essentially getting tax breaks?

Well, once the shock wears and people realize what’s happened, they’re gonna be pissed. Meanwhile, the GOP will repeat their usual talking points and try to attack social programs.

Democrats will be something of a damage control, but social media and other events are gonna make this a wild ride.

Well, once the shock wears and people realize what’s happened, they’re gonna be pissed. Meanwhile, the GOP will repeat their usual talking points and try to attack social programs.

Democrats will be something of a damage control, but social media and other events are gonna make this a wild ride.
Yeah, the GOP attacking social programs that also includes Medicare for Kids would not go over really well.

Yeah, the GOP attacking social programs that also includes Medicare for Kids would not go over really well.
Mind you the Dems still maintain majorities on both fronts and in the SC is swung left, but the problems are now coming from the in-fighting between the parties. Hardliners are scrambling to remain prevalent especially with McConnell voted out . Moderates are trying to keep calm without rocking the boat for their benefactors and so on.

It would have broken earlier (probably 08 or 09). The trial could occur in 2010. Epstein's conviction would have a lot of people running scared

It would have broken earlier (probably 08 or 09). The trial could occur in 2010. Epstein's conviction would have a lot of people running scared
Yeah, but I didn’t find out until recently and I could just say the investigation got lagged by stuff.

I don’t remember Epstein’s original arrest being a big deal in 2008, though can anyone else remember anything from that?

The deal was hammered out in 2008. There might be attempts to bury it but I think the truth may come out earlier if the whole extent of his crimes come out.
If anything Epstein’s arrest should be seen as a prelude to Me Too.

The deal was hammered out in 2008. There might be attempts to bury it but I think the truth may come out earlier if the whole extent of his crimes come out.
If anything Epstein’s arrest should be seen as a prelude to Me Too.
Yes, but it also stopped any investigation, which would probably go on for a bit. They'll keep the investigation under wraps as not to agitate anyone and then go after the people if revealed. It's just determining who's actually guilty since assuming everyone is guilty is probably not accurate.

2009- The Epstein Scandal
Well, I'll still try! Hopefully, this is passable at the least.

The Epstein Scandal

Few people got such a strange reputation than Jeffrey Edward Epstein . Initially a mathematics teacher, he would rise to become prominent in the finance sector along with rubbing shoulders with many influential and powerful people. He was known for that, as well as his thoughts and words on transhumanism. However, now he will be known for his notorious history of sexual abuse and scandals. In 2008, he would be charged for procuring prostitution involving a minor. Rumor said he tried to get a deal, but the federal attorney didn't budge on that. Namely because of what else was going, regarding the FBI. "Operation Leap Year" as it was known would be started in investing Epstein after some delays in being started along with other issues.

Epstein would eventually be tried in early 2009 and would be sentenced to life in prison, though it would be the beginning of what many would call the "Epstein Scandal." During the latter half of the investigation of Epstein, what was blowing up was the connection to the many many people connected to Epstein, especially with the testimonies reading sexual abuse and trafficking. The investigation was kept under tight wraps in trying to maintain and ensure quiet cooperation. However, word got out and it became a colossal scandal in how many people and organizations were conencted to Epstein in one form or another regarding the entire debacle. As such, this led to investigations on who could also be guilty of other crimes that occurred in association with Jeffrey Epstein.

Several big names were floated such as Bill Clinton, Donald Trump, Prince Andrew, and Alan Dershowitz. The entire newsmedia was in a colossal circuit of scandal and so on, especially with the various names floated. Some of them were quickly dismissed given how they may have only known the guy briefly, but not have had any distinctive connections (as was the case when Matt Groening once traveled with him and Epstein had a girl massage his feet. Beyond jabs at the poor quality of his feet, there was no actual accusations aimed at him.) Regardless, the amount of names and investigations would be undertaken for a long period of time with some of the cases likely to be settled out of court.

The Prince Andrew aspect would lead to an intense scrutiny and complications regarding American-British relations. Naturally, they denied the entire thing. Interestingly enough, the Clinton one did not end up going anywhere as while he was present with the man, there was no evidence on Clinton. The same goes for real estate mogul Donald Trump. Unlike Clinton though, his troubles did not end there since while he appeared to not have been charged within with Epstein, investigators turned up with many allegations of sexual assault and subsequent suspicious financial activities, such as with Deutsche Bank. Eventually Trump would be jailed for five years for contempt of court and attempting to bribe the jurors and judges during the first couple weeks, meaning he would be sent to jail while further investigations would be going through. Trump would later die in prison after assaulted by a fellow inmate within the first year of his jail time. Trump's financial holdings would become the subject of scrutiny and examination by debt collectors and ongoing investigations such as possible charges for money laundering and fruad. Many Trump-associated companies and businesses would sink and losses would be reccoperated by selling off or liquidating the assets. The remaining assets would end up driving wedges against the Trump family. Alan Dershowitz meanwhile would also be sent to prison as further investigations would be ongoing. The only other major discussing point was the potential connections to the Saudi crown prince which in turn led to increased tension between the US and Saudi Arabia, the two's alliance growing colder.

The investigations would be another reflection of the decade, showing a growing suspicion toward the powerful and the wealthy. While there was a sense of vindication achieved with the arrest of Trump and the subsequent decline and dismantling of his company and subsidaries, the fact that were close calls in the investigations meant there was a growing call to hold white collar criminals and people like them more accountable. The Epstein scandal would have a continued effect in pop culture with the sight of sleazy powerful white collar criminals getting their comeuppance.

Last edited:
So. Wait. Trump's not involved with Epstein but committed crimes around that area, plus his financial stuff? So he still goes to jail anyway. Mostly due to the crimes committed to stall a case (Epstein)? Seriously???

So. Wait. Trump's not involved with Epstein but committed crimes around that area, plus his financial stuff? So he still goes to jail anyway. Mostly due to the crimes committed to stall a case (Epstein)? Seriously???
So far as I know of the case, Trump was not actually named by the witness we got there. That may change over time. And he has a shady enouh history that the floodgate came pouring out. And given how he'd be closed in, he'd flip out and likely lose it in Court. He'd pribably be in jail for that before going to the actual trial, though I know little on legal stuff.

Sorry >.<

Trump definitely associated with Epstein for years; he probably knew and a lot of people are still getting burned

Thing is I can buy all his other crimes coming out over Epstein. Even if he’s cleared the briefest look will cause the tower to crumble

Trump definitely associated with Epstein for years; he probably knew and a lot of people are still getting burned
Thing is I can buy all his other crimes coming out over Epstein. Even if he’s cleared the briefest look will cause the tower to crumble

Well, I’m going off what I know. He’s definitely guilty of a lot shady shit and his financial Empire will crumble, eaten by the debt collectors. His tower will probably be renamed and changes (any ideas on bidders or ideas) and his kids will likely get at each orher’s throats depending on how the will is or so on.

The thing about trump is that he only survived because a lot of people didn’t really look. People are going to look at white collar crooks more seriously and even a cursory look by the feds is going to fuck him up.

The thing about trump is that he only survived because a lot of people didn’t really look. People are going to look at white collar crooks more seriously and even a cursory look by the feds is going to fuck him up.
Hence his ignoble and fitting end here. Wonder who would buy Trump tower, least after everything inside is sold and whatnot.