DBAHC: Create This British Empire

India is like China. It's too big and technologically capable to be conquered. Sure you can get port cities here and there like with French Hong Kong or Portuguese Goa. But to take the entirety of India ? Asia, overall, is not the same as sub-Saharan Africa or the Western Hemisphere.
There was, and is a lot division in India. China always had a unified identity dating back before Han. India was always a mixed bag of languages, religions, and rulers infighting over minor territorial gains. As mentioned, India could be subdued by multiple powers, but I'd argue that if the coast and Bengal could be controlled by a single European power, the the interior could be made into puppet states constantly at conflict with one another.

As for total domination of the sub-continent? I'm with you. Ain't happening.

Starforce

Banned
There was, and is a lot division in India. China always had a unified identity dating back before Han. India was always a mixed bag of languages, religions, and rulers infighting over minor territorial gains. As mentioned, India could be subdued by multiple powers, but I'd argue that if the coast and Bengal could be controlled by a single European power, the the interior could be made into puppet states constantly at conflict with one another.

As for total domination of the sub-continent? I'm with you. Ain't happening.

Hmm. Maybe something would cause them to shift focus to focus entirely on India, they would have to get rid of European powers nagging at them to be able to do so though.

So, how much do you say did Queen Marcelle I "The Great" or "The Uniter" lay the foundations of the Franco-Scottish Empire in her 38-year long reign?

Y'know, I'm looking at some of these national boundaries and they're just as batshit as this Britwank Empire. The African borders make no sense whatsoever, Russia somehow lost control of lands it'd held for over two centuries, China is squatting on Tibet, Germany has been torn asunder, and Japan is united.

I'd dearly love to see the mapmaker's worldbuilding notes, though I suspect they'd be incomprehensible.

Y'know, I'm looking at some of these national boundaries and they're just as batshit as this Britwank Empire. The African borders make no sense whatsoever, Russia somehow lost control of lands it'd held for over two centuries, China is squatting on Tibet, Germany has been torn asunder, and Japan is united.

I'd dearly love to see the mapmaker's worldbuilding notes, though I suspect they'd be incomprehensible.
POD's gotta be in the 1300s, that's a long ass time. And Japan was only disunited otl because the folks in New Flanders* decided they wanted some land in Asia in the mid 19th century as a way to create prestige and national unity after the Slaver War. The african borders are harder, but if I had to guess, I'd say that ttl's Rome Concord doesn't break down and the europeans are able to carve out their african empires with premeditation and peace... with their limited knowledge of African geography or demography. Then these colonial provinces get stuck with those borders after independence. Though what conflict could so totally break the empires that rebellion is possible, I don't know. If this britain is wanked as hard as it is it should be possible for it to limit rising powers that could plunge Europe into a war like that. Good god France only lost to germany in the War of French Humiliation because King Daniel 'The Mad' got captured in battle.

Ooc: ttl, France's bastard is the one who became america, with New Flanders being a centralized capital they established for the colony. It's history mirrors the US in a lot of ways, but the natives and Mexicans got a lot better cuts than otl.

Ooc: ttl, France's bastard is the one who became america, with New Flanders being a centralized capital they established for the colony. It's history mirrors the US in a lot of ways, but the natives and Mexicans got a lot better cuts than otl.
OOC: believe it was established that France still controlled its american colonies

Hmm. Maybe something would cause them to shift focus to focus entirely on India, they would have to get rid of European powers nagging at them to be able to do so though.
If we're referring to England, then, at best, they'd need to (somehow) conquer Scotland without French interference. How? Maybe the French fleet gets blown away in a storm? Not unlikely. Either that, or move Scotland out of the French camp (least likely), or, and my favourite, have Scotland conquer England. Maybe this whole Britwank is a Scotwank? To which, assuming the Scottish are still allied to France, have nothing to worry about coming from mainland Europe and spend all their time colonizing?

United Japan is pretty realistic. Remember that the imperial courts of Nihon and Yazhima used to be called the “Northern and Southern courts”. If the House of Yamato never split or one branch subdued the other, Eastern and Western Japanwould not have diverged as much culturally. A united Japan could have taken over Ryukyu, Ishikari and Ainu Mosir quite easily.

So, how much do you think was the rise of the Franco-Scottish Empire/Union dependant on the reign and achievements of Marcelle I as Queen?

So, how much do you think was the rise of the Franco-Scottish Empire/Union dependant on the reign and achievements of Marcelle I as Queen?
The union? entirely. The power of France? Her biggest accomplishment was making france religiously tolerant and thus the protestants of the latin (and celtic) worlds ran to her realm

The union? entirely. The power of France? Her biggest accomplishment was making france religiously tolerant and thus the protestants of the latin (and celtic) worlds ran to her realm
And another achievement she had was promoting an impersonal administration based on merit, which helped France-Scotland develop a more stable system of administration than its rivals.

So, what do you say about the idea that Queen Marcelle's greatest achievement was not uniting Scotland and France, but establishing meritocratic and impersonal centralised government with a measure of rule of law during her reign before any of France-Scotland's European rivals could achieve such an achievement, as was argued in A History of Government?