Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, now that I consider it, it probably is relatively normal, if the horrible little states out by Oklahoma are like what I think they are.
u7IL7tq.gif

The 2058 Illinois gubernatorial election took place on November 12, 2058. Incumbent Democratic Governor Zayden Waller ran for re-election to a third term in office, and was challenged by Republican nominee Kurtis Seele and prominent anti-poverty activist Howard Luis Garcia, who ran under the Commonwealth ticket.

ryaj8m.png

The election was arguably one of the most controversial in the state's history due to its conduct. Zayden Waller, who previously served as Calumet County Sheriff before running for governor in 2050, was increasingly unpopular with the Illinoisan populace due to his association with Chicago Mayor Edgar Aries, himself profoundly despised over his response to the 2057 slum protests and the Chicago housing crisis as a whole. Detractors accused Waller of turning a blind eye to the growing influence of private security companies, which have become popular among Greater Chicago's wealthier residents and corporations seeking to protect their property from "criminal elements" and which have frequently employed military-grade equipment and drones to disperse protesters. Other concerns regarding Waller's tenure include allegations of profiting off a contract with Jinjiang International (one that is ostensibly designed to build and manage refugee camps), and the passage of a controversial law that weakened police regulations.

Although Governor Waller's approval ratings reached as low as 29% by March, the 2058 Illinois race was not expected to be a particularly close one due to the population disparity between the Chicago metropolitan area and Illinois proper, as well as Waller's notable campaign skills and powerful PR team. As such, the Republican primary did not see many contenders aside from former U.S. Representative Sheila Gesner, State Senator Don Dillard, Mayor of Moline Paul Alguacil and Springfield journalist Kurtis Seele. In a surprising upset, Seele emerged as the victor of the primary, ultimately choosing State Representative Sal Kuczynski as his running mate. However, this was not as exciting as the campaign announcement of H. L. Garcia, the informal leader of the "Share Your Wealth" movement that shook Chicago's gated communities. Venerated by the state's Hispanic community and Chicago's suburban poor, the Mexican-American activist consistently led in most independent polls early on.

The general election was considerably dirty, with deepfake spams and violent quarrels between supporters of Waller, Garcia and Seele being fairly common (despite all three candidates publicly disapproving of partisan violence). On the debate stage, Garcia accused Waller of colluding with corporations to use Greater Chicago's slums as "target practice" and acting as a political patron for Aries and a number of allied politicians in the Chicagoland area, whereas Kurtis blasted Waller for letting downstate Illinois deteriorate while organizing a personal fiefdom in Chicago. Controversially, Kurtis was discovered to have been involved in a far-right disinformation outfit in the past, resulting in several Republicans retracting their endorsement and the Kurtis campaign taking a blow in the polls.

In the end, Waller ended up winning 54 percent of the popular vote, nearly thirty percentage points above his nearest competitor, mainly due to running up large margins in Chicagoland's heavily populated counties. The results proved to be a source of controversy, with H. L. Garcia, his supporters, and federal lawmakers alleging that systematic voter intimidation and fraud helped Waller achieve his victories in Greater Chicago. Their claims weren't particularly unfounded, though, as the troubled federal investigation, combined with the 2059 H. L. Garcia assassination attempt, would eventually lead to Zayden Waller's arrest.

Last edited:
The 2058 Illinois gubernatorial election took place on November 12, 2058. Incumbent Democratic Governor Zayden Waller ran for re-election to a second term in office, and was challenged by Republican nominee Kurtis Seele and prominent anti-poverty activist Howard Luis Garcia, who ran under the Commonwealth ticket.

r68z8p.png

The election was arguably one of the most controversial in the state's history due to its conduct. Zayden Waller, who previously served as Calumet County Sheriff before running for governor in 2054, was increasingly unpopular with the Illinoisan populace due to his association with Chicago Mayor Edgar Aries, himself profoundly despised over his response to the 2057 slum protests and the Chicago housing crisis as a whole. Detractors accused Waller of turning a blind eye to the growing influence of private security companies, which have become popular among Greater Chicago's wealthier residents and corporations seeking to protect their property from "criminal elements" and which have frequently employed military-grade equipment and drones to disperse protesters. Other concerns regarding Waller's tenure include allegations of profiting off a contract with Jinjiang International (one that is ostensibly designed to build and manage refugee camps), and the passage of a controversial law that weakened police regulations.

Although Governor Waller's approval ratings reached as low as 29% by March, the 2058 Illinois race was not expected to be a particularly close one due to the population disparity between the Chicago metropolitan area and Illinois proper, as well as Waller's notable campaign skills and powerful PR team. As such, the Republican primary did not see many contenders aside from former U.S. Representative Sheila Gesner, State Senator Don Dillard, Mayor of Moline Paul Alguacil and Springfield journalist Kurtis Seele. In a surprising upset, Seele emerged as the victor of the primary, ultimately choosing State Representative Sal Kuczynski as his running mate. However, this was not as exciting as the campaign announcement of Howard Luis Garcia, the informal leader of the "Share Your Wealth" movement that shook Chicago's gated communities. Venerated by the state's Hispanic community and Chicago's suburban poor, the Mexican-American activist consistently led in most independent polls early on.

The general election was considerably dirty, with deepfake spams abd violent fights between supporters of Waller, Garcia and Seele being fairly common (despite all three candidates publicly disapproving of partisan violence). On the debate stage, Garcia accused Waller of colluding with corporations to use Greater Chicago's slums as "target practice" and acting as a political patron for Aries and a number of allied politicians in the Chicagoland area, whereas Kurtis blasted Waller for letting downstate Illinois deteriorate while organizing a personal fiefdom in Chicago. Controversially, Kurtis was discovered to have spoken at a far-right rally in the past, resulting in several Republicans retracting their endorsement and the Kurtis campaign taking a blow in the polls.

In the end, Waller ended up winning 54 percent of the popular vote, nearly thirty percentage points above his nearest competitor, mainly due to running up large margins in Chicagoland's heavily populated counties. The results proved to be a source of controversy, with H. L. Garcia, his supporters, and federal lawmakers alleging that voter intimidation and fraud helped Waller achieve his victories in Cook County; the troubled federal investigation, combined with the 2060 H. L. Garcia assassination attempt, would eventually lead to Zayden Waller's impeachment and conviction.
Now this is just plain cool. I love the idea of a three-party United States in the future. Do you have an idea for what the rest of the US looks like?

The United States Triumvirate Elections were held between September 20th, 1805 and January 2nd, 1806. Taking advantage of instability wreaking havoc within the Whiskey Republic, a group of disgruntled military officers launched a coup d'état that overthrew the Whiskey Republic, establishing a system based off of the roman system of governance known as the Triumvirate. An Interim Committee was ordered to hold the nation, but with the strict status as a caretaker government until elections were held. The subsequent caretaker government was led by Thomas Jefferson, Charles Lee and Dewitt Clinton known as the Jefferson Triumvirate until such time as to the ratification of the Imperial Accords. The Election would see two main political parties emerge overtime, the Federalist-Republicans and the Whigs.

Both political parties decided to hold their national conventions around the same general area as one another, though this would lead to bloody rioting within Baltimore during the Bloody October. Voting occurred throughout September and until October 18th, when the results were officially finalized. The initial September meeting of the full Senate saw the Livingston Triumvirate come just five Senator-Electors short of a majority. The Senate-Electors then persuaded the caretaker Triumvirate to activate the Fourth Amendment of the Imperial Accords, which afforded each State a slate of delegates to vote as a single bloc for the candidate they so wished to pick, with exhaustive balloting and minimal thresholds being afforded.

In the first instance of balloting, which took place from October 24th to November 2nd, which saw the King Triumvirate with a narrow Plurality of 1, but four short of securing the nomination. A second round of balloting occurred from November 6th to November 25th, which eliminated both Whig Candidates as they had withdrawn before the start of balloting. The King Triumvirate again fell two short of a majority, necessitating a historic third round of balloting from December 5th to the 25th. By the time the results were officially announced, the King Triumvirate narrowly won with the needed 13 State Delegations, with Livingston convincing the reluctant Adams and Morris to withdraw alongside him gracefully.

This election is unique in Triumvirate History as the first election not to contain the popular vote, a trend which all subsequent elections would allow with the passage of the Tenth Amendment which granted all males, with the exception of slaves, the right to vote in 1820.
k4TcHG7.png

Now this is just plain cool. I love the idea of a three-party United States in the future. Do you have an idea for what the rest of the US looks like?

Now, this isn't actually a three-party United States, as the Commonwealth Party is simply an outgrowth of the Illinoisan Share Our Wealth movement and has not even nominated any congressional candidates, but the United States of 2058 is a little... chaotic.

Climate change has screwed over USA in many regards, with the Ogallala Aquifer drying, the Southwest succumbing to desertification and coastal areas being overflooded. The resulting refugee crisis has made Illinois one of the larger states population-wise, but it also contributed to much of USA's infrastructure deteriorating to third-world levels, as well as the Chicago Metropolitan Area's rapid slumification. Rainforests are now common in the Deep South.

It's also based off @Divergent54's extrapolations regarding future USA's climate, so I would like to thank them as well.

Last edited:
The 2058 Illinois gubernatorial election took place on November 12, 2058. Incumbent Democratic Governor Zayden Waller ran for re-election to a second term in office, and was challenged by Republican nominee Kurtis Seele and prominent anti-poverty activist Howard Luis Garcia, who ran under the Commonwealth ticket.

ryaj8m.png

The election was arguably one of the most controversial in the state's history due to its conduct. Zayden Waller, who previously served as Calumet County Sheriff before running for governor in 2054, was increasingly unpopular with the Illinoisan populace due to his association with Chicago Mayor Edgar Aries, himself profoundly despised over his response to the 2057 slum protests and the Chicago housing crisis as a whole. Detractors accused Waller of turning a blind eye to the growing influence of private security companies, which have become popular among Greater Chicago's wealthier residents and corporations seeking to protect their property from "criminal elements" and which have frequently employed military-grade equipment and drones to disperse protesters. Other concerns regarding Waller's tenure include allegations of profiting off a contract with Jinjiang International (one that is ostensibly designed to build and manage refugee camps), and the passage of a controversial law that weakened police regulations.

Although Governor Waller's approval ratings reached as low as 29% by March, the 2058 Illinois race was not expected to be a particularly close one due to the population disparity between the Chicago metropolitan area and Illinois proper, as well as Waller's notable campaign skills and powerful PR team. As such, the Republican primary did not see many contenders aside from former U.S. Representative Sheila Gesner, State Senator Don Dillard, Mayor of Moline Paul Alguacil and Springfield journalist Kurtis Seele. In a surprising upset, Seele emerged as the victor of the primary, ultimately choosing State Representative Sal Kuczynski as his running mate. However, this was not as exciting as the campaign announcement of H. L. Garcia, the informal leader of the "Share Your Wealth" movement that shook Chicago's gated communities. Venerated by the state's Hispanic community and Chicago's suburban poor, the Mexican-American activist consistently led in most independent polls early on.

The general election was considerably dirty, with deepfake spams abd violent fights between supporters of Waller, Garcia and Seele being fairly common (despite all three candidates publicly disapproving of partisan violence). On the debate stage, Garcia accused Waller of colluding with corporations to use Greater Chicago's slums as "target practice" and acting as a political patron for Aries and a number of allied politicians in the Chicagoland area, whereas Kurtis blasted Waller for letting downstate Illinois deteriorate while organizing a personal fiefdom in Chicago. Controversially, Kurtis was discovered to have spoken at a far-right rally in the past, resulting in several Republicans retracting their endorsement and the Kurtis campaign taking a blow in the polls.

In the end, Waller ended up winning 54 percent of the popular vote, nearly thirty percentage points above his nearest competitor, mainly due to running up large margins in Chicagoland's heavily populated counties. The results proved to be a source of controversy, with H. L. Garcia, his supporters, and federal lawmakers alleging that systematic voter intimidation and fraud helped Waller achieve his victories in Greater Chicago. Their claims weren't particularly unfounded, though, as the troubled federal investigation, combined with the 2060 H. L. Garcia assassination attempt, would eventually lead to Zayden Waller's arrest.

Normally (full confession, please don't hate me), I'd only read the wikibox and not the context due to my shit attention span. This time, I decided to read the context and boy was I not disappointed.

Normally (full confession, please don't hate me), I'd only read the wikibox and not the context due to my shit attention span. This time, I decided to read the context and boy was I not disappointed.

Thanks! Yeah, Illinois is not in a very good position, though it's still somewhat better off than in certain Sunbelt states.

Imagine being President of these United States.

this is pretty cool, also do you have a map of the whole us, and is this technically a solarpunk?

Unfortunately no, because 1) I'm not sure what kind of map do you want in this case (a map showing gubernatorial party affiliation or a simple political map?) and 2) if it's the latter, I'm not sure if I would do it because I don't really want to draw post-climate change Florida. I can assure you, however, that USA here has all the 50 states (even Delaware, though the average Delawarean's daily life is... awkward, to say the least, and border disputes are an issue) as well as Puerto Rico as the 51st state.

...well, it's got trappings of solarpunk, but they're mostly found in Africa.

Should I be writing about my impressions of a French Revolution primary source for class tomorrow? Yes. Do I think that it's more important for my D&D group to know everything about the guy who runs the realm they're adventuring in? ALSO YES. Father Washington help me.
ambroseiiwikiboxcomplete.png

Status
Not open for further replies.