Status
Not open for further replies.
Great update! I do wonder if Drakia would of arranged a similar agreement with their Rhomanian allies about importing some more Slavic laborers alongside those from Russia. Other than that it definitely looks like their going to be leaders of the biological fields long term. Wonder if they might try to do something similar with Livestock & animals on those nuclear gardens.

Here's what I'm imagining the US army to look like now...
latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest
Resistance fan as well?

...Wow, what in the world where the Rhomnians and the Drakians thinking? Like this is probably going only radicalize anti-Rhomanian rebels and inspire rebels for decades to come
I guess that this atrocity is going to inspire lots of international outrage at Drakia, to put things mildly.

Yep! :D After looking at some of the artwork from them I realized that they would be a perfect source for what the US army would look like here.
Glad to know another one is on the forums!
Never played the games but LOVED the story, so unique, and I feel deserves more attention on these forums.

Although the world is seemingly more advanced in this TL due to its advancements in technology and applied sciences, I think that the fact that there has been less focus on theoretical side of things might start to hurt them at some point. The focus on more pratical applications might bring benefits in the shorter term but might lead to the slowing down of technological development at some point as innovation becomes more about refining of current technologies inside the constraints of existing science instead of utilizing more revolutionary changes found by basic research. The way how you describe science and technology gives this TL somewhat a dieselpunk feel.

Last edited:

Anzû

Gone Fishin'
Although the world is seemingly more advanced in this TL due to its advancements in technology and applied sciences, I think that the fact that there has been less focus on theoretical side of things might start to hurt them at some point. The focus on more pratical applications might bring benefits in the shorter term but might lead to the slowing down of technological development at some point as innovation becomes more about refining of current technologies inside the constraints of existing science instead of utilizing more revolutionary changes found by basic research. The way how you describe science and technology gives this TL somewhat a dieaselpunk feel.
Especially if they turn that good engineering to annihilating vast populations and territories.

I can't imagine that there's gonna be much concern for global climate change among the big two; can't get in the ways of the wonders of progress.

Wonder if the US or the Draka will have an ecological lobby? As ironic as it would be for the Drakians to establish nature reserves, I can't really see them caring too much about the costs of industry, or at least their leadership. And since both of the main players have no shortage of fuel resources I don't imagine there will be a "can't rely on foreign oil" bent to it either.

I can't imagine that there's gonna be much concern for global climate change among the big two; can't get in the ways of the wonders of progress.

Wonder if the US or the Draka will have an ecological lobby? As ironic as it would be for the Drakians to establish nature reserves, I can't really see them caring too much about the costs of industry, or at least their leadership. And since both of the main players have no shortage of fuel resources I don't imagine there will be a "can't rely on foreign oil" bent to it either.
I assume that the TL probably won't end in thermonuclear war/the US forced into space or whatever, so it would be interesting if once a little pressure is off after the Protracted Struggle radical environmentalism takes off with a vengeance, especially given the consequences of a much more frantic industrialization and ruinous megaprojects (looking at you Drakia). You'd end up with a continuum between Drakian style conservationists, ecofascists (much nicer than it sounds TTL) and deep ecology ecoterrorists like everyone thought would be a huge thing in the nineties.

I don't know. Drakia is kind of in ground zero for climate change to fuck them up, so if they don't care they'll probably pay severely for their indiscretion.

EDIT: Although, it would be an interesting way for a Drakia hegemony to end. They're so proud that they defeated the US, but then they fall to a global threat of their own making that they can't get rid of with a hail of bullets.

Last edited:
...Wow, what in the world where the Rhomnians and the Drakians thinking? Like this is probably going only radicalize anti-Rhomanian rebels and inspire rebels for decades to come

Well Rhomania was thinking that they wanted to make an example of the city to demonstrate what happens to people who dare defy the Roman Empire reborn. Drakia was thinking that it wanted see what would happen if they went all out with a full-scale test of their new weapons. "Remember Sofia!" will absolutely be a rally cry for rebels, but also for the Pan-European Pact.

Great update! I do wonder if Drakia would of arranged a similar agreement with their Rhomanian allies about importing some more Slavic laborers alongside those from Russia.

Rhomania is now a secondary, but still important source of Bonded Labor. They're happy to send plenty of captured rebel prisoners to Drakia where they won't be able to cause trouble (for Rhomania).

Other than that it definitely looks like their going to be leaders of the biological fields long term. Wonder if they might try to do something similar with Livestock & animals on those nuclear gardens.

That is... a fascinating idea. No one ever tried atomic gardening on livestock- it's expensive, it's unethical, and animals breed so much slower than plants that you can't get positive mutations via brute force as easily. But it sounds like something they would try.

Here's what I'm imagining the US army to look like now...
latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

Ooh, those are some nice pictures. Something like that.

Praise be to Father Oppenheimer for this delicious and nutritious bounty!

All hail!

I guess that this atrocity is going to inspire lots of international outrage at Drakia, to put things mildly.

Oh indeed.

I assume with the aftermath of the Klein affair plus these developments the US is finally going to start taking things seriously as their fascist consciousness develops.

The US has been taking Drakia seriously for a while, the problem is that Japan and India have made themselves such a clear and present danger that America can't afford to divert its attention from the Pacific.

There is an active environmentalist movement in the USA, which has established a national park system. Drakia has something like a "national hunting preserve" in a few different places, and some Drakian citizens do support protecting nature. That said, Drakian attitudes are more exploitative towards nature than American ones- they don't glorify the frontier like Americans do, they glorify their conquest of it- and they take a more hostile view towards the wilderness in general.

There is an active environmentalist movement in the USA, which has established a national park system. Drakia has something like a "national hunting preserve" in a few different places, and some Drakian citizens do support protecting nature. That said, Drakian attitudes are more exploitative towards nature than American ones- they don't glorify the frontier like Americans do, they glorify their conquest of it- and they take a more hostile view towards the wilderness in general.
If Drakia were to establish large ecological preserves they would probably just be a cover to force the locals not to live or hunt in the area, making them even more vulnerable to being exploited as bonded labourers. Then they would let the loggers in anyways. On the other hand... in areas with little value to industry but difficult to control populations they might restrict or prohibit living there and end up creating massive preserves basically by accident.

Rhomania is now a secondary, but still important source of Bonded Labor. They're happy to send plenty of captured rebel prisoners to Drakia where they won't be able to cause trouble (for Rhomania).
I do wonder about the potential perspective of a Drakian citizen born from former Slavic bondsmen.

That is... a fascinating idea. No one ever tried atomic gardening on livestock- it's expensive, it's unethical, and animals breed so much slower than plants that you can't get positive mutations via brute force as easily. But it sounds like something they would try.
I'd suggest fast reproducing stars such as pigs and other litter laying game animals, alongside chickens, fish etc

Ooh, those are some nice pictures. Something like that.
The one with the caption "we brought everything we had at Britain" really does fit this timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.