This was the COA of colonial portuguese macau
Mo-nat3.jpg

so what about a banner of arms which simplified and removes the portuguese parts ?
View attachment 515307

I like the design, though I was thinking a little bit simpler, like, as simple as modern Macau and Hong Kong flags or or some of the more detailed Japanese prefectural flags. I still like the design, so I'll try to incorporate it somehow. Maybe as an older flag or as a naval or presidential flag or something.

Last edited:
I like the design, though I was thinking a little bit simpler, like, as simple as modern Macau and Hong Kong flags or or some of the more detailed Japanese prefectural flags. I still like the design, so I'll try to incorporate it somehow. Maybe as an older flag or as a naval or presidential flag or something.

so simple logo on a plain background sort of thing ?

Kaze

Banned
I'm sorry, I have no issue making flags for free for personal use but any image I make to be used in a commercial enterprise would require both payment and a contract establishing usage.

Thank you, for your understanding. Your skill is far better than mine. Thank you for your candor. According to your wishes, I will not use it my novel - I hope you are not insulted by me asking. Thank you, for your work and your understanding.

Thank you, for your understanding. Your skill is far better than mine. Thank you for your candor. According to your wishes, I will not use it my novel - I hope you are not insulted by me asking. Thank you, for your work and your understanding.

no worries

Question: Is there a thread to request Wikiboxes? If yes, can anyone give me a link? If no would it be acceptable to request one here or should I maybe try the wikibox thread?

Also since I am here could someone provide me with a flag/symbol for "Turanic Concil", a sort of (slightly more integrated) Turkic EU in an ATL that start with a mostly identical 1914 with a different WW1.
Turanic Council.png
Here is the map of the organisation. All but Turkey (and technically speaking Tuva since it was in Russia) are former SSRs and Turkey was a Soviet puppet state. Turkey is the unofficial leader filling a Germany/France in the EU role.

And while this is not a strict flag request I would like to hear different ideas on how a United Kingdom of Great Britain, Ireland and the Netherlands. Great Britain unites near the same time as OTL and Netherlands has a family closely related to British royal family installed as Dutch royal family around the time of the first Act of Union. Dutch get a personal union with Britain around late 18th and early 19th century (no American or French revolutions happen) and an Act of Union between them follows soonish. Whether Ireland has to wait till later to get an Act of Union or if it has happened close to OTL is not important as long as modern UK has Great Britain, all of Ireland and the Netherlands unified. The flag I am asking for ideas on would also be the modern flag.

Last edited:
I have a long-standing pet idea of a surviving "British Raj" that remains unified and goes the 'Canada Route' (AKA British Monarch as toothless Padishah on some of the money and with ceremonial duties, mainly important aside from inertia to keep the sub-national monarchs/non-Hindustani populations sweet and avoid possible confessional disputes set off by a Hindu/Muslim/etc. elected Head of State).

So the request here is how the Flag/Coat of Arms/coinage/etc. develop? I am taking it as given that the old Star of India flags will go the way of the Canadian Red Ensign.

So the request here is how the Flag/Coat of Arms/coinage/etc. develop? I am taking it as given that the old Star of India flags will go the way of the Canadian Red Ensign.

If you want something close to the canadian red ensign, you could have a shield combining emblems representing the major ethnic / religious group. This tends to create problem as *every* group will eventually want to be represented in some way and there might be debates as to which order they should be represented in.

Another simpler possibility is to use the Lion Capital of Ashoka (though without text) which has been used by the Union of India (1947-1950) and then by the Republic of india to the current day.

If you want something close to the canadian red ensign, you could have a shield combining emblems representing the major ethnic / religious group. This tends to create problem as *every* group will eventually want to be represented in some way and there might be debates as to which order they should be represented in.

Another simpler possibility is to use the Lion Capital of Ashoka (though without text) which has been used by the Union of India (1947-1950) and then by the Republic of india to the current day.

I think by "go the way of the Canadian Red Ensign" they meant being replaced by a new flag without the Union Flag in the Canton. Like how Canada replaced the ensign with the maple leaf flag. So I think they meant for the Raj's red ensign with the Star of India being replaced by a new/another symbol.

I think by "go the way of the Canadian Red Ensign" they meant being replaced by a new flag without the Union Flag in the Canton. Like how Canada replaced the ensign with the maple leaf flag. So I think they meant for the Raj's red ensign with the Star of India being replaced by a new/another symbol.
Yup. The question is if Ashoka's Pillar would meet any objection from the Muslim members of CP or the Muslim League itself (the latter having more strength in Hindu-Majority areas, but still).

Yup. The question is if Ashoka's Pillar would meet any objection from the Muslim members of CP or the Muslim League itself (the latter having more strength in Hindu-Majority areas, but still).

in that case, the OTL flag would seem appropriate as a base as the safran and green bands are meant to represent the hindu and muslim communities. The chakra wheel could be a bit iffy so maybe use instead the spinning wheel which was supported by both the indian congress and the muslim league.

Last edited:
can someone make me a flag for a malayan australia? it should predominately feature the color Red, as it's the southernmost area they knew at the time of it's founding (they later found antarctica). thanks in advance

can someone make me a flag for a malayan australia? it should predominately feature the color Red, as it's the southernmost area they knew at the time of it's founding (they later found antarctica). thanks in advance

Not sure I understand what's the connection between being southernmost and the colour red.

Not sure I understand what's the connection between being southernmost and the colour red.
many cultures (such as arabic and native americans) have colors for different colors, like how the Black sea and the Red sea got their names, for example, with australia (Palau ittl) being the southernmost island in the Malayan chain, red was something the Malayans, Aboriginals, and Maoris (later splitting off into another commonwealth) can agree to adding on the flag.

many cultures (such as arabic and native americans) have colors for different colors, like how the Black sea and the Red sea got their names, for example, with australia (Palau ittl) being the southernmost island in the Malayan chain, red was something the Malayans, Aboriginals, and Maoris (later splitting off into another commonwealth) can agree to adding on the flag.

Was it an association used historically by the Malayans, Aboriginals, and Maoris though ?

EDIT: What I mean by that is that I know red is used on the Aboriginal flag OTL to represent the land due to the red dirt and red on the some of the Maori flags seem to be connected with various mythological meaning. Neither have to do with geographical location.

Last edited:
Was it an association used historically by the Malayans, Aboriginals, and Maoris though ?
the malayans are the islamic (later sikh) peoples who are in indonesia otl, if you're still confused, this is for a tl I'm basing on my current Pirate Palembang - Malaya eu4 game.

the malayans are the islamic (later sikh) peoples who are in indonesia otl, if you're still confused, this is for a tl I'm basing on my current Pirate Palembang - Malaya eu4 game.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I was asking if the malayan themselves (as opposed to arabs and native americans you mentioned) had that specific association between south and the colour red. I was looking up online for symbols relating to the malay but couldn't find any confirmation of this. I'm not saying you're wrong, just saying I couldn't find it online and was curious if you based it on a general assumption that the malay would have the same association or if it was based on a specific knowledge.

By way of comparison, this wikipedia page presents the colour red being associated with the south for a few culture but slavic people apparently link the southern direction with black and the kalmyks, a mongolian sub-group, associate it with blue:

Does anyone have or know where I could find a map of the FPTP constituencies used by the Netherlands and/or Belgium before the switch to proportional representation?