Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are all these countries? What forms of government do they follow? Are their leaders all real?

Apparently the Danish leader seems to be real, and the French one is real too. I think they're all secondary political figures, that one would know about in their country, but that don't make it in the international news

Where are all these countries?
They're all within the general vicinity of Europe. The ones you may not recognize the names of are likely just renamed OTL countries (i.e. Hayastan is the native name for Armenia; Carniola is a region of Slovenia; etc.) or minority areas of OTL Russia which I gave independence ITTL

What forms of government do they follow?
As a general rule, the ones with leaders titled "president" are presidential republics while the rest are either parliamentary republics or constitutional monarchies. Representative democracy is required to be in the ECF, although some are a tad illiberal (namely the ones whose leaders were suspended from the council as well as a few others)

Are their leaders all real?
Yes, all but one of them are real people. The only fictional one is Kalmykia's Gely Dordzhiev because finding Kalmyk politicians who aren't aligned with Putin is a pain in the ass

Apparently the Danish leader seems to be real, and the French one is real too. I think they're all secondary political figures, that one would know about in their country, but that don't make it in the international news
Correct! The Danish leader is a bit of a meme politician there and the French leader I believe is Macron's foreign minister or something. Similarly, the Greek one is a former OTL finance minister, the Icelandic one is an actor and former Mayor of Reykjavik, the Dutch one is a former OTL deputy PM there, the Norwegian one is their current opposition leader, and the Spanish one is a former PM of theirs

I occasionally did some fuckery with picking who I used though. For example, the Portuguese leader is an OTL former US Secretary of Energy who's of Portuguese descent, and the Irish leader is some random Dutch ex-party leader who I decided to make immigrate to Ireland as a kid ITTL for kicks

Edit: a couple of other notable ones I forgot to mention are the German one who's the OTL leader of the German minority party in Poland, and the Austrian one who's an OTL former PM of Slovenia

Last edited:
Riskær Pedersen is more of a joke than a meme though. Too fringe to make the 2% threshold, which in turn hurts his chances further. (Just to give some context)

Riskær Pedersen is more of a joke than a meme though. Too fringe to make the 2% threshold, which in turn hurts his chances further. (Just to give some context)
Yeah that's pretty much what I meant by "meme". ITTL though he's part of the mainstream Højre party so he actually had a chance at the premiership

And eventually we are going to find out whether Russia is really nice to let all of these nationalities go, on the losing side of a war with a peace treaty that makes Brest-Litovsk look friendly or had a civil war so bad that anyone who wanted to leave could.

United States: President Rick Santorum and Vice President Hillary Rodham
Richard John "Rick" Santorum is an American attorney and politician affiliated with the Freedom Party who is currently serving as the 53rd President of the United States. Elected to the House of Representatives in 1990, he would go on to become Senator from Pennsylvania in the 1994 election, serving until his loss in 2012. After this point he would run for President in the 2016 election, which he would narrowly win, defeating the incumbent Farmer-Labor Party President Barbara Lee. Many attribute his victory to that year's particularly strong Green Party showing, whose candidate, Elizabeth May of Connecticut, gained 6.7 percent off the popular vote. Santorum hails from the christian-democratic Solidarity Caucus of the Freedom Party and is associated with socially conservative and fiscally moderate policies.

Hillary Diane Rodham, publicly known as Hillary Rodham Lundgren prior to her 2016 Presidential campaign, is an American lawyer and politician affiliated with the Freedom Party who is currently serving as the 45th Vice President of the United States. Previously a Chicago-based lawyer, Rodham rose to prominence in Sweden due to her association with her then-husband Bo Lundren, who would later become Prime Minister of Sweden. However, Lundgren would fall from grace following their much-publicized separation in 2003 and subsequent divorce in 2005, despite the divorce being no-fault according to both parties. After their separation, Rodham would move back to her birthplace of Chicago, Illinois and returned to practicing law. In 2006 she would run for Lieutenant Governor of Illinois as the new running mate of Freedom Party candidate Rod Blagojevich, who would go on to win, unseating incumbent Governor Mike Madigan. She would succeed to the governorship upon Blagojevich's resignation to become Secretary of the Treasury in the cabinet of President Michael Bloomberg. In 2016 she would run for the Freedom Party presidential nomination, finally dropping the "Lundgren" from her name, but lose to Rick Santorum, who would ultimately pick her as his running mate. The Santorum/Rodham ticket would win the election, and Rodham would be sworn in as VP the following year. Rodham is affiliated with the Rockefeller Caucus of the Freedom Party, being associated with policies more socially liberal than much of the Freedom Party.

santorum_and_rodham.png

And eventually we are going to find out whether Russia is really nice to let all of these nationalities go, on the losing side of a war with a peace treaty that makes Brest-Litovsk look friendly or had a civil war so bad that anyone who wanted to leave could.
It's vaguely the first one but not strictly. The Soviets made SSRs for them, and once the USSR collapsed they all seceded along with the other SSRs

Sorry for no update in a week, here's a massive worldbuilding dump:

The European Common Council is a collective body comprised of the heads of state or government of the member-states of the European Common Federation, as well as the President of the European Common Council and the President of the ECF. It is largely responsible for the ECF's overall direction and priorities.

Credit for the Slovak flag I used goes to u/FoulCoke on Reddit!

european_common_council.png
Landsbergis is 38 years old, that's really young as far as Prime Ministers are concerned (I don't know how similar Lithuania's constitution is to OTL, but that's only three years above minimum age for Prime Ministers)

Any additional SSRs outside Europe?
Spoilers, shhh

Landsbergis is 38 years old, that's really young as far as Prime Ministers are concerned (I don't know how similar Lithuania's constitution is to OTL, but that's only three years above minimum age for Prime Ministers)
Huh I didn't know there was a minimum age to be Lithuanian PM besides just being old enough to serve in parliament

Wait...how did the Pirate Party come to power in Sweden? :eek:
Haven't figured absolutely everything out yet, but I'd assume people got sick of the other parties and the Pirates surged. They probably had to form a coalition with the Social Democrats though

Huh I didn't know there was a minimum age to be Lithuanian PM besides just being old enough to serve in parliament
I don't even know if that's a thing, but I do know people in 2016 were saying that Landsbergis cannot become PM because he was under 35 at the time

the real question is how big is the pirate party in Iceland?
Considering their PM their politics are probably all over the place

I don't even know if that's a thing, but I do know people in 2016 were saying that Landsbergis cannot become PM because he was under 35 at the time
Hmm, yeah idk either (since I'm not Lithuanian) but I know 35 is the minimum age for the US President so it would make some sense

yeah just a normal mayor man. nothing unusual at all
That's right, nothing to see here. Just keep moving along
Capture.PNG

So I only pop in on this site occasionally..but your stuff is pretty good.

The sheer detail you put into it. Like that BBC webpage - you don't miss anything. Keep up the good work!

How different is the modern UK to OTL?

Status
Not open for further replies.