Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

So, what Chinese faction do you think has the most grandiose ambitions in the game? I would say Liu Xiang's Industrial Corps in Sichuan as they have plans to use a war-torn province in the middle of a famine into a powerbase through which the modernization and reunification of China under their banner could be carried out.

I can't seem to do any army reforms beyond the first one *until* I defeat Shandong/Shangqing.

It's under the little hammer and gavel thing, where you go to recall the troops from India and raise militias.

Also even once you get rid of that army reform thing, the various Factions still are ludicrously effective on defence until you can roll out some artillery regiments.

China Rework lead here...

People need to remember that the modders ain't game devs. Most of them will be enthusiastic amateurs doing their best. People treat this mod like it's something they are owed, and quite frankly its a shitty and entitled attitude from an oftentime, seemingly ungrateful community. This thread alone, is full of entitled posts accusing the devs of being bias, lazy, slow etc without any clue about how much FREE time and effort is put into big mods like Kaiserreich or OWB, TWR or TNO.

Modders do this on their own time in haphazard environment with dozens if not hundreds of people working in different countries and time zones with different skills and availability. I haven't worked on HOI4 mods, but I have helped out with other games. Coding, rechecking code, bug testing code is really, really time consuming and oftentimes really tedious. It's not easy and if there are only one or two people working, it gets hard. People often have jobs or their own lives in the background and this stuff is a true labor of love.

The mod is free and people treat the devs like they're owed their services and it's shitty. People need to remember that modding is not simple or straightforward. Its arduous and time consuming, the only guaranteed reward being the satisfaction of saying "I contributed".

To devs like you Flamefang, I take my hat off to ya.

Last edited:
Can you still get Sun-Yat Sen's widow as KMT leader in the rework?

I feel this must have been said ages ago but I don't want to trawl through various dev diaries looking for a negative confirmation.

Play the US. Take Landon as POTUS. You only have to fight the CSA and AUS. You get good battle experience, and you can win the civil war by early 1939. Enough time deal with whoever wins in Europe. Like the new version.

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
New patch out. SocDem PSA can unite with non-Totalist CSA.

Did I read that right?

If so, I now have a new excuse to start my 3,781st run as the CSA...

...except there's no guarantee we'll get Norman Thomas or Elizabeth G. Flynn and Henry Wallace doing something as BLESSED as reunifying India between a SocDem Dominion and Gandhi's Bharatiya Commune.

The 0.10.1 Hotfix said:
* New voice-overs in Peninsular arabic, Egyptian Arabic, Swiss German, Icelandic, Azerbaijani, Farsi, Lithuanian, Bulgarian, Khmer, Burmese, Amharic, Berber, Bambara, Albanian and Hindi language for their corresponding tags in-game

@Augenis, you have a role in the bolded part?
Either way, seeing one of our very own from AH.com on the Kaiserreich team is downright awesome and I love the work you're doing even if I'm not clear on the specifics.

@Augenis, you have a role in the bolded part?
Either way, seeing one of our very own from AH.com on the Kaiserreich team is downright awesome and I love the work you're doing even if I'm not clear on the specifics.
Getting Lithuanian voice-overs was not my idea, but I got to write the lines for the VA to shout into the microphone and thus snuck quite a few jokes in under everyone's nose

Well, HOI5 will probably start everything all over again. It isn't entirely certain, HOI4 did... but HOI3 didn't.
HoI3 was a significant change from HoI2: DD. Given some of the fundamental mechanic problems in HoI4 (that are unlikely ever to be fixed) and some basic design choices that I think were a retrograde step to try and 'correct' HoI3's perceived failings, it would be extremely dissapointing if they didn't blank slate HoI5.