An Age of Miracles Continues: The Empire of Rhomania

Cryostorm

Monthly Donor
I think y'all missed the part where Scotland is getting tired of EAN and is becoming increasingly Bohamist. I'm seeing the most likely road as Northern England + Scotland as an independent power with questions as to Southern England and Ireland.
I did see that but almost makes their position worse, Scotland and Northern England probably have three million inhabitants max against the four to five million of Southern England and the fifteen+ million of France.

I think y'all missed the part where Scotland is getting tired of EAN and is becoming increasingly Bohamist. I'm seeing the most likely road as Northern England + Scotland as an independent power with questions as to Southern England and Ireland.

What exactly would this state be called? Britannia? Albion? CAMELOT?

I also suspect that such a state forming will sooner than later result in the Triple Monarchy losing Southern England, either to conquest or succession. They’ll probably retain all of Ireland given France’s likely greater ability to project power ITTL.

I also suspect that such a state forming will sooner than later result in the Triple Monarchy losing Southern England, either to conquest or succession. They’ll probably retain all of Ireland given France’s likely greater ability to project power ITTL.
Northumbria.

London is mostly loyal to the crown. We'll probably see a Triune civil war but I don't think any breakaway state is survivable.

Right, I've been lurking this thread for five years, maybe more. It has been a lot of fun. Definitely my favourite nerdy hobby. Thanks B444!

It is a scene watched and remembered by Westmorland’s son, the seventeen-year-old Richard Neville. Upon returning to England, it is said that Richard said to his father a phrase growing in usage in Yorkshire: Edinburgh is closer than King’s Harbor.

Really, Richard Neville? Are we gonna get a kingmaker?

Last edited:
Funny thought, assuming the Yi Dynasty in all its collective non-wisdom tries booting all the Christian Orthodox converts out of Korea, what do the Romans call them? Certainly not “Kauriote” given the associations with Marco Polo, and consequently Venice.

Given the fascination for all things Roman (and D3 having a bit of a fetish for Asian culture and pupu platters) I expect future Imperial documents to pull from Simocatta and refer to future Korean mercs as “Mukriotai” or the like.

Also, there have been, what, three Emperors by the name of Demetrios? I sincerely hope we get to see the 10th of that appellation so we can finally see a Roman Emperor named “DMX”.

B444 has stated that England is dominating the triune navy while France dominates the army so idk
I totally fucking forgot about that. Zounds, any war of English Secession is NOT going to end well for any

Funny thought, assuming the Yi Dynasty in all its collective non-wisdom tries booting all the Christian Orthodox converts out of Korea, what do the Romans call them? Certainly not “Kauriote” given the associations with Marco Polo, and consequently Venice.
That'd depend on how syncretic the Koreans turned out. The reason that the Yi Dynasty killed all the Christians was due to the converts sticking to the parts of Christian doctrine that said that Kings come second to God and that Confucian rites and ancestor-worship rituals are all heathen idol worship. That made the lot appear disruptive and SUPER treasonous to the royal court.

We could see the ruling Dynasty (not the Yi, since they came to power after the POD) operate on a more orthopractic, pluralistic model a la the Chinese instead, which is to say that people can worship anything as long as they paid their taxes, stayed loyal to the government, and followed the Law. If the Orthodox missionaries take the Jesuit Ricci's stance that folk religions are all socio-political in nature then their converts will fit into Korea just fine.

Dunno how well that meshes with mainstream Orthodox Christianity. The conversion of Japan indicates that they'll just spawn an Autocephalous Orthodox Church of Korea that's open to Confucian/Buddhist rituals though.

The Triunes will be the victims of their own success. When this war is over, initially a lot of funding will be needed to restore the conquered territories. I guess that projects in England and Ireland (or at least in Northern England) will be underfunded or cancelled already. Add to that the increased weight of the "continental" part of the Triune realm and you have a recipe for rebellion. All it takes is a less than average monarch, or a more than average rebellion leader . However, without support from the outside, I don't think a state comprising of Northern England and Scotland is viable. If however all of England rallies behind the rebellion then things could be different, taking into consideration the fact that England dominates the Triune navy.
Finally, there is the colonies parameter . The colonies are dependent on the navy for growth (more immigrants) and trade. Maybe in the case of a Civil War they would choose to side with those controlling the Navy. And their increased vulnerability would tempt some other powers like the Spanish to take advantage of that.

I had a dream that this tl was made into a extremely successful show. I was not happy when i realized it was only a dream lmao

Here's an updated world map I made. Italy is definitely more based on speculation so take it with a grain of salt. Criticism as always is welcome
Edit: Also gonna do a rework of the Triunes to reflect it not being a single unified sate when i get home from work

Attachments

• IMG_0044.PNG
    IMG_0044.PNG
    88.9 KB · Views: 587
Last edited:
Here's an updated world map I made. Italy is definitely more based on speculation so take it with a grain of salt. Criticism as always is welcome
Edit: Also gonna do a rework of the Triunes to reflect it not being a single unified sate when i get home from work
What you have already reflects their disunity. Worlda system being what it is there is no way to put an internal subdivision of the sort you have in Scandinavia already over water. Not without it looking really weird.

Yep, the other reason is that most priests and monks, the religious kind, were also poor but sometimes were in the thick of it during the crusades and other religious conflicts and maces were not only cheap and useful against heavier armor but also need less training to be so, at least compared to using a sword, axe, or spear.
Not Bishop Odo though, he was seriously wealthy