WIP Map Thread

Deleted member 108228

Working on a map of a successful Guominjun, with the help of @Admiral A. Kolchak

The Eastern Expedition.png

Hey guys this is my first map here outside of a test thread. It's a no-islam timeline which sees in general a stronger east Mediterranean with the premier superpower of the world being Egypt, also there's a strong Java centered state which used to dominate the entire Indian Ocean. Also also I don't have any ideas for what to do with the Americas so I'm all ears to any ideas and criticisms!!!

View attachment 512871
That is some damn good border work.

Working on a map of a successful Guominjun, with the help of @Admiral A. Kolchak

Interesting. If they continue to hold off the Guomindang, I wonder if the Japanese actually end up allied w(ith the Guomindang in this TL, given their mutual interest in keeping the Kuominchun from taking over all of China. (An alliance with Japan is difficult after the whole 21 Demands thing, but not as politically suicidal, IMHO, as it would be after the OTL 1931 takeover of Manchuria). BTW, where are Mao and his bros in all this?

How about Egyptian control of the Amazon, starting from the Delta in a semblance to that of Egypt proper? Maybe an Egyptian Louisiana could work well.
I thought of Egypt more as an ascendent power rather than an established one, also Egypt doesn't really have much motivation to hold land in the Americas and it doesn't have enough power to project that far. However thanks for your idea, it'd have been a superb analogue!!

That is some damn good border work.
Thank you so much, it means a lot coming from you.

Deleted member 108228

Interesting. If they continue to hold off the Guomindang, I wonder if the Japanese actually end up allied w(ith the Guomindang in this TL, given their mutual interest in keeping the Kuominchun from taking over all of China.BTW, where are Mao and his bros in all this?

It is entirely possible for the Guomindang to ally themselves with the Japanese Empire, given how the Guominjin was, ITTL, able to control Beijing and Manchuria, making themselves the legitimate government in the eyes of the world. They would also be implementing their ideology into the provinces they controlled, not to mention that they would be undergoing a policy of military expansion to keep up with their conquests. However, if the GMD is able to maintain a leftist leaning instead of being broken into the Left-GMD and the Right-GMD, then I could see them allying with the Guominjun. However if the Right-GMD manages to win, then they could easily ally with the Japanese. The death of Sun Yat-Sen really shook up the GMD, and ended the necessary alliance with the communists. I'm still pondering on if ether the Left or Right faction win, since that'll affect cooperation with the Guominjun.

BTW, where are Mao and his bros in all this?

It really depends. I'm thinking of having him and his bros (that being the CCP) break off from the Guomindang given how it happened after Sun died and the Shanghai massacre split the Guomindang up into left and right factions. If the Left-GMD survives and is able to eventually overpower Chiang's forces, then we could see the CCP be included into this new GMD. If the Right wins, then we will have the usual bouts of brutal suppression, murder, and uprisings. It depends on what route I take with the Guomindang, and that will affect the CCP's future.

Was working on this last week but lost a bit of motivation because I could not get the color pallet to something I liked. Gave it a fresh set of eyes today and decided on this, any thoughts
zhse6Um.png

Philip

Donor
as working on this last week but lost a bit of motivation because I could not get the color pallet to something I liked. Gave it a fresh set of eyes today and decided on this, any thoughts

The map looks good, but I'm not sure of the blue. It feels a little cool next to the other colors.

Reminds me a bit of Look to the West.