Return of Horrible Educational Maps

as in the Finland that fought in the Finno-Korean Hyperwar or whatever the fuck that was called?
If it is, then it’s in an alternate timeline with just a rump Finland.
37klhfmq5ut11.png

Somehow this implies that the Arabs and Chinese expanded like a boomerang, since modern Arabs and Chinese are from the Arabian Peninsula and Henan respectively.
Pssst, that's a joke map. The whole "Finno-Korean Hyperwar" meme is meant to poke fun at nationalists who prattle on about their country's glorious past.

A map, probably about the percentages of Islam or something like that (though they seem to ignore the sizable arabic and turkish communities in Western Europe... or the Uighurs in China)

Just don't look at the Balkans. Or try to find Ecuador. Don't.

badespbalkans2a.jpg

I told you not to look.

A map, probably about the percentages of Islam or something like that (though they seem to ignore the sizable arabic and turkish communities in Western Europe... or the Uighurs in China)

View attachment 513974

I told you not to look.

This isn’t even correct if it’s about Muslim populations. Bosnia, Kazakhstan, and Malaysia are shown as not Muslim-majority. Several countries, such as Ukraine and Madagascar, are shown with higher Muslim populations than they actually have. Crimea, Corsica, and Sardinia are shown as independent Muslim countries.

View attachment 513974

I told you not to look.
This isn’t even correct if it’s about Muslim populations. Bosnia, Kazakhstan, and Malaysia are shown as not Muslim-majority. Several countries, such as Ukraine and Madagascar, are shown with higher Muslim populations than they actually have. Crimea, Corsica, and Sardinia are shown as independent Muslim countries.

It might be about the spread of Islam, not where it is today, so like, the areas of the early caliphates (Rashudin and Umayyad) and then the layers of Islam's dispersal. Add to this the use of badly drawn modern borders which assume that spreading to a part of a modern country means spreading throughout all of it (except for Crimea, Corsica, and Sardinia apparently), and you get something remotely resembling this... maybe...

I told you not to look.
The Caledonian Canal in Scotland has been expanded quite a bit, I see. On the plus side, Nessie can now escape into the wider ocean...

This is from CNN. Looks pretty good until you see the Mediterranean, Black Sea, and Caspian Sea have turned green. Also, Mongolia has been moved to Libya.

It's a silly map overlay.
Actually that is Siberia in the Mediterranean and Alaska in the Caspian. That blue arc down from Crete is Lake Baikal, which is also in the correct position to the Mongolian border. And on the right of Nick Paton Walsh's portrait that is pretty much Sakhalin.
As to why they overlaid those maps I got no clue.

75397932-3800-41EE-8127-AF2BFC69286D.jpeg

Here we have this. It... isn’t awful, but it’s kind of weird to show all of India as Muslim when the population was majority Hindu. (Although to be fair, this was at least mentioned in the caption.) Also, Armenia isn’t colored as Christian, and Hinduism apparently isn’t important enough to be shown at all. And there should probably be more mixed areas in general.

View attachment 514555
Here we have this. It... isn’t awful, but it’s kind of weird to show all of India as Muslim when the population was majority Hindu. (Although to be fair, this was at least mentioned in the caption.) Also, Armenia isn’t colored as Christian, and Hinduism apparently isn’t important enough to be shown at all. And there should probably be more mixed areas in general.
It seems to be about the state religion rather than that of the populace, in which case it isn't too bad.

I agree about the lack of mixed areas, but while the image is a bit small and the light source kinda dim after zooming in I noticed that they don't show all of India as Muslim.