A Map Shitpost Thread

Do people want a WIP thread?

• Yes

Votes: 62 75.6%
  • No

Votes: 20 24.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
(idk if this counts as a shitpost but take it anyways)
KjIvk6y.png

In the 1960s, Köl Island (part of the Union of Confederated Communitarian Republics at the time) was used as the primary source of dirt for a project intended to create artificial islands in the Oxanian Sea. While very briefly successful, the islands were overtaken by erosion before they were able to be used for anything, leaving the Köl CCR with massive coastal erosion issues. Over the next few decades, much of the republic would be overtaken by flooding, causing a major internal refugee crisis and reducing the land area to 10% of its original size by 1997.
In 2008, the Köl Republic Emergency Administration (having taken over after the collapse of the UCCR in 1991) finished construction of the Kokaral Dam, intended to prevent further erosion of North Köl. While mostly successful, South Köl was declared a lost cause by the emergency administration, which issued an evacuation order and offered compensation for citizens that would be displaced (though many were unable to actually leave regardless, and most saw it as a face-saving measure by the government more than anything).
Between the humanitarian crisis caused by internal displacement and the massive amount of urban pollutants released into the ocean, the flooding of Köl Island is viewed as one of the largest environmental disasters of human history. While multiple proposals have been floated within the last 2 decades, no solution has been settled on by the KREA, and while the north archipelago has seen recent land reclamation, the south is expected to be completely overtaken by the sea by the middle of the century.

(idk if this counts as a shitpost but take it anyways)
KjIvk6y.png

In the 1960s, Köl Island (part of the Union of Confederated Communitarian Republics at the time) was used as the primary source of dirt for a project intended to create artificial islands in the Oxanian Sea. While very briefly successful, the islands were overtaken by erosion before they were able to be used for anything, leaving the Köl CCR with massive coastal erosion issues. Over the next few decades, much of the republic would be overtaken by flooding, causing a major internal refugee crisis and reducing the land area to 10% of its original size by 1997.
In 2008, the Köl Republic Emergency Administration (having taken over after the collapse of the UCCR in 1991) finished construction of the Kokaral Dam, intended to prevent further erosion of North Köl. While mostly successful, South Köl was declared a lost cause by the emergency administration, which issued an evacuation order and offered compensation for citizens that would be displaced (though many were unable to actually leave regardless, and most saw it as a face-saving measure by the government more than anything).
Between the humanitarian crisis caused by internal displacement and the massive amount of urban pollutants released into the ocean, the flooding of Köl Island is viewed as one of the largest environmental disasters of human history. While multiple proposals have been floated within the last 2 decades, no solution has been settled on by the KREA, and while the north archipelago has seen recent land reclamation, the south is expected to be completely overtaken by the sea by the middle of the century.

I'm guessing this is the inverse landmass version of the Aral Sea?

I'm guessing this is the inverse landmass version of the Aral Sea?
Pretty much, yeah. Since the name of the Aral Sea refers to the islands in it, I went with the Kazakh word for "Lake."

Wow! That's actually a pretty cool and fairly plausible-sounding story. It seems like one of the interesting but poorly-planned projects that the OTL Soviet Union might try. What and where is the UCCR?
Thanks! It's actually just a USSR equivalent for the scenario, located in the Black/Caspian Islands and maybe part of the Arctic?

Pretty much, yeah. Since the name of the Aral Sea refers to the islands in it, I went with the Kazakh word for "Lake."

Thanks! It's actually just a USSR equivalent for the scenario, located in the Black/Caspian Islands and maybe part of the Arctic?

Ah, so it's an inverse landmass A-H. I see, so that's the ASB bit.

Cool.

Rishi

Banned
Introducing the United Republics of Aryavarta (or Aryavarta/URA for short and sometimes also known simply as India). The URA is a union of nine republics consisting of the present-day countries of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Tibet (because the holy Hindu mountain Mount Kailash is in Tibet), Maldives, Nepal, Bhutan, Afghanistan (because a part of the Indus Valley Civilisation was in what is now present-day Afghanistan) and Sri Lanka. The Indian Ocean is the territorial waters of India. Aryavarta is an officially Hindu country. Aryavarta is the world's highest country (because of Mount Everest), the world's wettest country (because of the Indian state of Meghalaya) and the world's lowest country (because of Maldives). Also, the official demonym of Aryavarta is Aryan. Even the non-Indo-Europeans in Aryavarta (like the Dravidians, for example) are known as Aryans.

india.png

IOf1bBW.png

Last edited:

Rishi

Banned
@Rishi, even if the Mavldives were submerged they wouldn't count as the lowest place on earth. Apparently that does for the land aeiundnthe Dead Sea.

I never said that the Maldives is the lowest place on Earth, I said that the Maldives is the lowest country on Earth (according to Wikipedia, the Maldives is the world's lowest-lying country). There's a difference between the lowest place on Earth and the lowest country on Earth. The lowest place on Earth is Challenger Deep in the Mariana Trench if I remember correctly, which isn't a part of any country.

I never said that the Maldives is the lowest place on Earth, I said that the Maldives is the lowest country on Earth (according to Wikipedia, the Maldives is the world's lowest-lying country). There's a difference between the lowest place on Earth and the lowest country on Earth. The lowest place on Earth is Challenger Deep in the Mariana Trench if I remember correctly, which isn't a part of any country.
But “countries within countries” don’t count for anything. And you’re going by “lowest average height”, which is totally destroyed by having Mt. Everest in the same country.

Crazy Boris

Banned
This is what I did in my boredom while the site was down.
View attachment 513576

Not content with leaving the European Union, the English and Welsh decide to leave the European continent. Scotland and Northern Ireland stay behind. Iran decides Britain has the right idea and follows them, much to America’s discomfort. Australia, tired of New Zealand doing New Zealand things, also moves to get away from them.

Not content with leaving the European Union, the English and Welsh decide to leave the European continent. Scotland and Northern Ireland stay behind. Iran decides Britain has the right idea and follows them, much to America’s discomfort. Australia, tired of New Zealand doing New Zealand things, also moves to get away from them.
We a,so got Crimea being moved arther from Russia, Hong Kong dropped east of Taiwan, plus Bermuda is crushed.

Australia, tired of New Zealand doing New Zealand things, also moves to get away from them.
Since Australia is kinda on fire. I thought that moving them to a more rain frequent area would help them. A mostly arid landmass suddenly getting tropical rainforest level precipitation shouldn't have any kind of major ecological impact right?

Iran decides Britain has the right idea and follows them, much to America’s discomfort.
BONUS: Now Russia has warm water, much to America's discomfort.