Explain the AH Quote

The French king Louis XVI personally describing the country's imperial clout before a special session of the Royal Council in the Tulieres Palace, with Charles de Gaule as Prime Minister, 1962.

"アリエス…天翔る金色の牡羊。その星の運命(さだめ)…愛のためなら死ぬ事さえも喜び。見極めてみたい、そんな愛を…、。"

"Aries... amagakeru kin'iro no osu hitsuji. Sono hoshi no unmei (sadame)… ai no tamenara shinu koto sae mo yorokobi. Mikiwamete mitai, son'na ai o…."

("Aries... A golden ram in the sky. The fate of the star... I am delighted to die for love. Such a love to look over...")
An excerpt from the poem Aries, written in 1843.

The great Qing Empire, masters of China and the lands beyond, has bested the British in three wars, and yet they still have the gall to challenge us. I want to say to Queen Victoria: "How many times will I have to teach you this lesson, old woman?!"

An excerpt from the poem Aries, written in 1843.

The great Qing Empire, masters of China and the lands beyond, has bested the British in three wars, and yet they still have the gall to challenge us. I want to say to Queen Victoria: "How many times will I have to teach you this lesson, old woman?!"
The Tongzhi Emperor's response when he heard of Queen Victoria's declaration of the Third Opium War.

"To be bested by a fool, nay, by a madman is quite irritating to think about."

“You are a Saucy Boy, Mr President.”
A quote by Jim Gallahand, Presidential Chief of Staff to President John McHellory in 2005. After McHellory gave his annual State of the Confederation speech to the Union Parliament McHellory went into a back room unknowingly taking back a live mic that was still on him. The mic then recorded and broadcast McHellory and Gallahand flirting with each other and even starting to kiss before an aide was able to open the door and tell them the mic was still live. The resulting scandal brought McHellory's career to a premature and explosive end as McHellory ran and won under the ultra-conservative Union Rights Party who released a damning statement 12 hours after the broadcast calling McHellory a "demon in sheeps clothing" and an "abomination before God and Man alike". While McHellory gained support from the liberal and centrist parties in Parliament after the Grey Wave of the early 2000 they were in the minority with all 12 of them only having a combined 126 of 600 Parliamentary seats. With his administration torpedoed just after it began, his wife Karen leaving starting a five year long messy divorce and an ever growing legion of protesters outside the Presidential Mansion, McHellory announced his resignation as President just two weeks into his term with his VP Jason Bertham taking over to organize emergency elections in the summer of 2005. After the scandal Hellory and Gallahand fled to the Central African State where gay marriage is legal and live happily married in Wilhelmstadt

"If I had Hitler, you and me in a room and three bullets, I would shoot myself three times. Like any patriotic American."

A quote by Jim Gallahand, Presidential Chief of Staff to President John McHellory in 2005. After McHellory gave his annual State of the Confederation speech to the Union Parliament McHellory went into a back room unknowingly taking back a live mic that was still on him. The mic then recorded and broadcast McHellory and Gallahand flirting with each other and even starting to kiss before an aide was able to open the door and tell them the mic was still live. The resulting scandal brought McHellory's career to a premature and explosive end as McHellory ran and won under the ultra-conservative Union Rights Party who released a damning statement 12 hours after the broadcast calling McHellory a "demon in sheeps clothing" and an "abomination before God and Man alike". While McHellory gained support from the liberal and centrist parties in Parliament after the Grey Wave of the early 2000 they were in the minority with all 12 of them only having a combined 126 of 600 Parliamentary seats. With his administration torpedoed just after it began, his wife Karen leaving starting a five year long messy divorce and an ever growing legion of protesters outside the Presidential Mansion, McHellory announced his resignation as President just two weeks into his term with his VP Jason Bertham taking over to organize emergency elections in the summer of 2005. After the scandal Hellory and Gallahand fled to the Central African State where gay marriage is legal and live happily married in Wilhelmstadt

"If I had Hitler, you and me in a room and three bullets, I would shoot myself three times. Like any patriotic American."
An excerpt from the script of the film Oswald, which was schduled to begin shooting in 1967 but was cancelled due to a lack of funding.

"Conquering Poland is easy, but trying to keep the country subjugated is harder than chewing a concrete toffee." Nicholas II, Tsar of Russia (1924 - 1946)

"Conquering Poland is easy, but trying to keep the country subjugated is harder than chewing a concrete toffee." Nicholas II, Tsar of Russia (1924 - 1946)
Tsar Nicholas II explains to his cabinet his justification for giving Poland independence. Not that it stopped Leon Trotsky from winning the Russian Civil War.

"When the idea of making Rosalina a relative of Peach came about, the original idea was to make them sisters. That is until someone pointed out that Prince Cream, Peach's brother, being younger would require their mother to be around for longer. So that's why we just made Rosalina the mother herself."
- Yoshiaki Koizumi

Tsar Nicholas II explains to his cabinet his justification for giving Poland independence. Not that it stopped Leon Trotsky from winning the Russian Civil War.

"When the idea of making Rosalina a relative of Peach came about, the original idea was to make them sisters. That is until someone pointed out that Prince Cream, Peach's brother, being younger would require their mother to be around for longer. So that's why we just made Rosalina the mother herself."
- Yoshiaki Koizumi

In an interview, the Nintendo employee Koizumi explained the Super Mario royal family tree, and the origin of Rosalina. This was found in an interview and later placed in the "Art of Super Mario Galaxy" book.

So bad was the French Army and government in the last few wars that the term "as incompetent as a French General" became commonplace, regardless of whether the term was actually justified. Not all the French generals would be terrible, but their side kept losing battles and eventually, wars. It came to a head where the French lost almost all the battles and a war with it, probably due to bad tactics; France became a laughingstock in military history.

In an interview, the Nintendo employee Koizumi explained the Super Mario royal family tree, and the origin of Rosalina. This was found in an interview and later placed in the "Art of Super Mario Galaxy" book.

So bad was the French Army and government in the last few wars that the term "as incompetent as a French General" became commonplace, regardless of whether the term was actually justified. Not all the French generals would be terrible, but their side kept losing battles and eventually, wars. It came to a head where the French lost almost all the battles and a war with it, probably due to bad tactics; France became a laughingstock in military history.
An except from the Wikipedia article on France’s military history.

Further expanding on its conquests in the south, Indonesian forces have seized Sydney and the Australian capital Canberra. Local defenders were forced to retreat across the Sydney Harbour Bridge to new positions on Observatory Hill, but attempts to demolish the bridge were thwarted by advancing Indonesian forces, who then pushed on to take Canberra.

The Indonesian war flag can now be seen hanging from the Parliament House in Canberra, which serves as the headquarters of the area's new military administration, and the Indonesian military police are maintaining a watchful eye on the streets.

Further expanding on its conquests in the south, Indonesian forces have seized Sydney and the Australian capital Canberra. Local defenders were forced to retreat across the Sydney Harbour Bridge to new positions on Observatory Hill, but attempts to demolish the bridge were thwarted by advancing Indonesian forces, who then pushed on to take Canberra.

The Indonesian war flag can now be seen hanging from the Parliament House in Canberra, which serves as the headquarters of the area's new military administration, and the Indonesian military police are maintaining a watchful eye on the streets.

News reports from Australian TV stations during the Sahul War. By the end of the month since the broadcast, Australian forces have retreated to a defense line covering Victoria, Tasmania, and most of South Australia.

"Because of the genocidal tactics the Papacy had dealt to the Cathars and other heretics, by the time the Ottomans razed Rome, nobody came to assist the Papal States. In fact, Europe came under an era of the Seven Nation Axis, forged by a series of treaties between Warsaw, Constantinople, Regensburg, Buda, Toulouse, Stockholm, and London. Spain and Portugal simply stayed out of all conflicts during that period, focusing on exploring west."

Last edited:
"Because of the genocidal tactics the Papacy had dealt to the Cathars and other heretics, by the time the Ottomans razed Rome, nobody came to assist the Papal States. In fact, Europe came under an era of the Seven Nation Axis, forged by a series of treaties between Warsaw, Constantinople, Regensburg, Buda, Toulouse, Stockholm, and London. Spain and Portugal simply stayed out of all conflicts during that period, focusing on exploring west."
An excerpt from Fomenko's New Chronology, describing the conquest of Yoros Castle (identified by Fomenko as Rome [as well as Jerusalem and Troy]) and the decline of the "Russian Horde" as western Europe alligned against it.

"I have 300,000 men from six nations in Norway, and with the fall of Libya I have 120,000 men ear marked for Greece. It's not a stable frontline in France, sure, but if wheelchair-boy calls these efforts peripheral one more time I'll advise the Dutch to resume oil sales to the Japanese!"

An excerpt from Fomenko's New Chronology, describing the conquest of Yoros Castle (identified by Fomenko as Rome [as well as Jerusalem and Troy]) and the decline of the "Russian Horde" as western Europe alligned against it.

"I have 300,000 men from six nations in Norway, and with the fall of Libya I have 120,000 men ear marked for Greece. It's not a stable frontline in France, sure, but if wheelchair-boy calls these efforts peripheral one more time I'll advise the Dutch to resume oil sales to the Japanese!"
Reportedly uttered by someone in an insame asylum in 1985.

"The Europeans laughed at our spears and shields. 'You'll never defeat our guns!' they said. WELL WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?" - King Mopokondo of the Ghana Empire to the population of occupied London.

Reportedly uttered by someone in an insame asylum in 1985.

"The Europeans laughed at our spears and shields. 'You'll never defeat our guns!' they said. WELL WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?" - King Mopokondo of the Ghana Empire to the population of occupied London.
London was an American colony named for the Lon river in Ghana. However, American settlement was sparse and they managed to make the europeans look tolerant with how racist they were. Ghana didn't care enough to distinguish between American and European settlements. When war broke out, the unprepared Americans with few guns were quickly overwhelmed by the actual tacticians of the empire.

"Vive La Espana!" George Washington, 1802

"Vive La Espana!" George Washington, 1802
USC diplomat George Washington spoke this while joining Jespanian people in the Nautl colony of Docatlia [ATL western Cuba] in an apparent coup against the spainards (really an attempt to gain exclusive trading rights for the USC).

"I hear you've killed so many injuns, they [the Navajo and Caddo] say you're a boogeyman king who kills naughty children in the heat of the night!"
"True, but why do you say that like it's a good thing?"

"I hear you've killed so many injuns, they [the Navajo and Caddo] say you're a boogeyman king who kills naughty children in the heat of the night!"
"True, but why do you say that like it's a good thing?"
An exchange from the 1991 film Broken Brain, written by Sherman Alexie and directed by George Lucas.

"It is my opinion that, having come to recognize the dehumanizing nature inherent to slavery, it is only right for Britain to support the Union against both the Confederacy and the Empire of Spain."
- Queen Victoria

An exchange from the 1991 film Broken Brain, written by Sherman Alexie and directed by George Lucas.

"It is my opinion that, having come to recognize the dehumanizing nature inherent to slavery, it is only right for Britain to support the Union against both the Confederacy and the Empire of Spain."
- Queen Victoria
Queen Victoria justifying the British intervention in the US Civil War.

“With their defeat of the Soviet military at Smolensk, NATO believed the Third World War had been won. However, in their zeal to bring democracy to the massive communist nation, they had forgotten the one great rule of Russian warfare: Never March on Moscow.”

Queen Victoria justifying the British intervention in the US Civil War.

“With their defeat of the Soviet military at Smolensk, NATO believed the Third World War had been won. However, in their zeal to bring democracy to the massive communist nation, they had forgotten the one great rule of Russian warfare: Never March on Moscow.”
An excerpt from the book, 'A third time' by famous historian Martin Gilbert recounting the allied march on Moscow which turned into a battle similar to the battle of stalingrad during the second world war. After months of fighting the allies were thrown out of the city during the onset of winter.

Bounty hunting is a complicated business, don't you agree? - Heinrich Himmler

Bounty hunting is a complicated business, don't you agree? - Heinrich Himmler
Former german furher Heinrich Himmler trying to persuade a group of russian bounty hounters to let him go, after they discovered him hiding in Argentina in 1949.

" I have standards you idiot. Maybe you are right in saying we are both monsters, but at least i am trying to create a better world unlike you maniacs.:

Former german furher Heinrich Himmler trying to persuade a group of russian bounty hounters to let him go, after they discovered him hiding in Argentina in 1949.

”I have standards you idiot. Maybe you are right in saying we are both monsters, but at least I am trying to create a better world unlike you maniacs.”
Winston Churchill replying to an attack on him by Hitler stating that Churchill is not completely good due to the Bengal famine.

“Unfortunately for the Israelis, as brave as they were, they could only take so much.”

Winston Churchill replying to an attack on him by Hitler stating that Churchill is not completely good due to the Bengal famine.

“Unfortunately for the Israelis, as brave as they were, they could only take so much.”
Statement given in New York Times report on the defeat of Israel in the Six Week War.

"The day I surrender to a goddamn Redcoat, the day I throw all my nation's hopes and dreams away, will be the same day that Hell has a White Christmas."

"The day I surrender to a goddamn Redcoat, the day I throw all my nation's hopes and dreams away, will be the same day that Hell has a White Christmas."

Jozef Pilsudski's oddly prophetic words on the Polish-Soviet War. With Warsaw being run over by the Soviets by September 5, 1920, the Poles retreated west until Pilsudski himself surrendered to Soviet forces after Poznan fell on December 18. The day of his surrender was on December 25, 1920, which was White Christmas in Hell, Norway.

"This was supposed to be a celebration, Dana. Why did you bring a shotgun to the party?"

Last edited: