One character i'd like to see have a prominent part in this TL, is Marcus Garvey; prominent black nationalist who even went so far as to call himself the Provisional President of Africa. Also he was into Pan-Africanism and the like. I suppose he can call himself "Marcus Aurelius Garvey" in TTL given the Union's Rome fanaticism. Just looking at some quotes of his on wikiquote, you could probably change them a bit (as I have) to just fit the madness.

"We Negroes were the first Fascists, when our ancestors ran the pinnacle state of Egypt, and gave our Hebrew brothers shelter before granting them Israel under the almighty God. The Anglo-Saxon had not come about. The Anglo-Saxon was gifted and copied our fascism." -Marcus Garvey in an interview, 1938.

"Our Union must know no clime or boundary...let us hold together under all climes and in every country Jehovah has blessed us."

"Look for me in the whirlwind or the storm, look for me all around you, for, with God's grace, I shall come and bring with me countless millions of black slaves who have died in America and the West Indies and the millions in Africa to aid you in the fight for Liberty, Freedom and Life."

Also a misattributed quote but one could fit in TTL: "A Race without the knowledge of its history is like a tree without roots."

Yes I know, Marcus Garvey died in 1940 in OTL, but that can easily be butterflied away.

Edit: It'd be actually interesting to see many blacks in America begin adopted african names in a sense of being closer with their ancient african ancestors or even ancient egyptian names., as whites are doing in TTL with Roman names.

One character i'd like to see have a prominent part in this TL, is Marcus Garvey; prominent black nationalist who even went so far as to call himself the Provisional President of Africa. Also he was into Pan-Africanism and the like. I suppose he can call himself "Marcus Aurelius Garvey" in TTL given the Union's Rome fanaticism. Just looking at some quotes of his on wikiquote, you could probably change them a bit (as I have) to just fit the madness.

"We Negroes were the first Fascists, when our ancestors ran the pinnacle state of Egypt, and gave our Hebrew brothers shelter before granting them Israel under the almighty God. The Anglo-Saxon had not come about. The Anglo-Saxon was gifted and copied our fascism." -Marcus Garvey in an interview, 1938.

"Our Union must know no clime or boundary...let us hold together under all climes and in every country Jehovah has blessed us."

"Look for me in the whirlwind or the storm, look for me all around you, for, with God's grace, I shall come and bring with me countless millions of black slaves who have died in America and the West Indies and the millions in Africa to aid you in the fight for Liberty, Freedom and Life."

Also a misattributed quote but one could fit in TTL: "A Race without the knowledge of its history is like a tree without roots."

Yes I know, Marcus Garvey died in 1940 in OTL, but that can easily be butterflied away.

Edit: It'd be actually interesting to see many blacks in America begin adopted african names in a sense of being closer with their ancient african ancestors or even ancient egyptian names., as whites are doing in TTL with Roman names.

I love most of this idea, but I'd add a few caveats and changes. First of all, there ain't no way he can get away with claiming the African Pinnacle Men invented fascism before the Prophet Burr and Father Abe. Did they invent elements of Fascism? Sure! But those two legendary Strong Men put the whole kibosh together, and claiming otherwise is Infee-Papist-Beutelist-Loomie-Eduist-Treason-Aggression. That would honestly be a reason for African-Americans not to support him.

Secondly, I think it might be better for such a movement to arise under Oswald rather than Steele, and there to be a Garvey type rather than the man himself. Joe Steele seems like he wouldn't embrace this idea that much. He's obsessed with winning South America and completing America's Manifest Destiny, meaning he would have no interest in settling African-Americans in Africa while "there's a job to do." Any movement advocating such a plan while he's in office and at war would be crushed. Also, it just doesn't seem to fit with his vision for America. Steele seems to favor a totally unitary and united state, without any kind of splinter groups. He's a classical totalitarian, for lack of a better word. However, the freewheeling Oswald would absolutely sign on to something like this if he was in the right mood. Also, since Garvey directly influenced the Rastafarian movement, we could see Yankee Pinnacle Fascist Rastafarian African-American Zionism.

Mister Bill Cochran looks set for big things, though not for the same reasons as a Garvey analogue. Could be that a Garvey-figure emerges as a sort of foil to him (loud, bombastic speaker vs. shadowy AFC careerist) or that he himself steps into the limelight...

Hey Napoleon! This is my first comment on this website and I just want to say I'm a huge fan of the Madnessverse, both 1.0 and 2.0. I really really love all the chaos and dark humor involved. :)

I also wanted to share an idea I've had for awhile, though I know you have the plot all written out.

I've had the idea based on the talk awhile back of the RU going 'sane' after Oswald or so. What if Oswald had two sons, one of them being in the spirit of Madness and continuing/worsening things even more and one of them being sane or relatively sane and trying to make things right.

Either having the Madness son get power only to have the sane son take charge and fix things. Or the sane son getting power and reversing the sins of the past, only to have the Madness son kill him and make things much worse. Or some other thing of that sort.

I just really wanted to share this idea, hope all of you have a great day! :)

Hey Napoleon! This is my first comment on this website and I just want to say I'm a huge fan of the Madnessverse, both 1.0 and 2.0. I really really love all the chaos and dark humor involved. :)

I also wanted to share an idea I've had for awhile, though I know you have the plot all written out.

I've had the idea based on the talk awhile back of the RU going 'sane' after Oswald or so. What if Oswald had two sons, one of them being in the spirit of Madness and continuing/worsening things even more and one of them being sane or relatively sane and trying to make things right.

Either having the Madness son get power only to have the sane son take charge and fix things. Or the sane son getting power and reversing the sins of the past, only to have the Madness son kill him and make things much worse. Or some other thing of that sort.

I always thought a buffoonish Chuck Oswald II getting outmaneuvered and killed off by a sane and competent sister would work well. Given fascist feminism she wouldn't be disadvantaged in a succession contest by her gender so pure Union pragmatism would see the biggest faction siding with the stable option.

Gedador

Banned
If the Republican union keeps losing in this war I wonder what happens to Mexico and places like that considering what the RU did to them
best case for the civilians they're kicked out of Mexico worst case remember what the ru did to Mexico imagine that but swap the names.

But I'm interested about it is China as sooner or later Nippon is going to attack and there's areal chance that's China could lose as in OTL Japan Conquered most of the economic areas of China and that was when they were at war with the United States you throwing a far bigger and nasty ru and if they lose in South America it could very well win in China does keeping steel from getting killed in a civil war

If the Republican union keeps losing in this war I wonder what happens to Mexico and places like that considering what the RU did to them

Probably not much, given that the Union has sufficiently ethnically cleansed Mexico since the Immolation in the 1880s. There are hardly any ethnic Mexicans left especially after the Cleansing Month. The Union has achieved levels of ethnic cleansing/demographic change that the Nazis dreamed of committing but thankfully were stopped in time, here in TTL not so much.

What about Central America I imamgie it much harder to kill of everyone there has the neutrul sent in guys to supply them and trains them?

Gedador

Banned
What about Central America I imamgie it much harder to kill of everyone there has the neutrul sent in guys to supply them and trains them?
well yeah well would be harder to kill all the people in Central America you have to remember that it's a fraction of the population so even if they do Meetup With the neutrals you're not going to be helping out much simply due to the sheer size of their population

Sorry guys! I was in a very minor car accident, working overtime, and am preparing to spend a week with my ladyfren. I will still be posting the Holiday Special very soon. Apologies to anyone with unanswered PMs, I will try to reply very soon!

Have a great day, yourself! Glad to have you aboard!

There will be multiple "takes" on an ending for this timeline so you might just see something like that!

So the holiday special is turning into a detailed look at the world of Zap Zephyr. And rather than be merely just a fun holiday-season divergence from normal chapters, we might also see how it influences Chuck Oswald. It'll still be patriot-saints day themed, but rather than just be a parody it'll be well thought-out and unique.

So the holiday special is turning into a detailed look at the world of Zap Zephyr. And rather than be merely just a fun holiday-season divergence from normal chapters, we might also see how it influences Chuck Oswald. It'll still be patriot-saints day themed, but rather than just be a parody it'll be well thought-out and unique.
Do I smell the start of a dedicated Zap Zephyr thread? ;):winkytongue:

Hope you’re doing okay after the accident. Can’t imagine it being much fun. And hope you have a well deserved rest after everything this year has thrown at you