PC – A real-world Afrikaner/Boer Draka

In a scenario where South Africa is divided between a British Cape Province (and possibly Namibia) with the rest being Afrikaner/Boer-ruled instead of being entirely ruled by the British, how plausible would it be for the latter to become a rough real-world Machiavellian-like Draka equivalent that utilizes a more pragmatic Rhodesian model (to become a rising regional power if not world power) instead of outright Slavery / Apartheid?

Such a Afrikaner/Boer state could have potentially provided a lifeline to the likes of nearby Rhodesia (or other analogue) and a Portuguese state carved out of Mozambique south of the Limpopo River (dubbed Laurentina), perhaps even invited both to be admitted into this Afrikaner/Boer state as autonomous regions.

Not sure how it would be able to attract the necessary European emigration (along with other possibly unsavory groups, etc) though maybe at some point they adopt elements of Francis Galton’s ideas in his 1873 "Africa for the Chinese" letter to presciently attempt to leverage it to their own advantage.

Whether by means of encouraging emigration of Chinese (in place of the latter’s one child policy – to bring Galton’s “Prophecy” into motion), Indians and other Southeast Asian (possibly even South American) groups along with using said communities (plus the coloureds) for their own ends by giving them equal rights and placing a few in prominent roles for propaganda purposes (to burnish this state's "anti-racist" credentials, etc), in order to make such minorities dependent on the government’s continued survival in the event of civil war (and thus the focus of native Africans anger) as well as to make all non-native groups (including Europeans) a demographic plurality at minimum.

The closest rough minority rule analogue would be OTL Syria, yet like the latter this ATL Afrikaner/Boer state would take a similar approach to other OTL dictatorships that managed to remain in power to this day (with some even managing to rehabilitate themselves to some extent via propaganda, etc) and sought out other non-Western likely resource-hungry backers to ensure its own survival.

I could be wrong, but ISTR that while it wasn't a "utopian society" by any means, one of my professors at university/high school pointed out that apartheid (much though it is always blamed on the Afrikaners) was actually a formalization/expansion of a British introduced system, and that life for the non-whites in the Afrikaner republics was "decent" if not "rosy" or "wonderful" pre-1901/1910. He blamed Cecil Rhodes IIRC, but I have no idea how true any of this is.

What about springboarding from the recent discussion on earlier South Africa unification?

As in the Separated at Birth: American Drakia thread? Admittingly haven't been following as much as could be, just like a idea of Afrikaner/Boer Draka giving a new more unique real-world take on becoming a rising power.

I could be wrong, but ISTR that while it wasn't a "utopian society" by any means, one of my professors at university/high school pointed out that apartheid (much though it is always blamed on the Afrikaners) was actually a formalization/expansion of a British introduced system, and that life for the non-whites in the Afrikaner republics was "decent" if not "rosy" or "wonderful" pre-1901/1910. He blamed Cecil Rhodes IIRC, but I have no idea how true any of this is.

Not sure how true it is either, though am not precluding the possibility of the ATL Afrikaners/Boers being influenced by the neighboring British in Cape Province to a certain extent whether via the likes of Francis Galton or others.

As in the Separated at Birth: American Drakia thread? Admittingly haven't been following as much as could be, just like a idea of Afrikaner/Boer Draka giving a new more unique real-world take on becoming a rising power.
Sure, but I was thinking about a discussion had in a different thread from that one.