Status
Not open for further replies.

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
I have a full world map saved on my flash drive but I'm gonna wait to release it until I've teased the world enough. I'm not sure when that will be, but I'll try not to keep you waiting for too long

Looking forward to it!!

That's a weird way to spell "New Canterbury, capital city of the Commonwealth of Pacifica"

“Commonwealth of Pacifica” which may include part of Russia... oh now you have my attention!

So, on a scale of "xd funny german victory in ww2" to otl, how is germany? more precisely, do they still have at least 1936 borders

So, on a scale of "xd funny german victory in ww2" to otl, how is germany? more precisely, do they still have at least 1936 borders
They have roughly Weimar borders plus the Polish corridor but minus southern Schleswig. They have the monarchy but due to their losses in the Great Wars the monarchy's power was all but eliminated, with it being even weaker than most constitutional monarchies, roughly comparable to OTL Japan's. Ever since roughly the 50s they've been a functional democracy, although a certain Heinz Kissinger did unfortunately serve as Chancellor for a hot minute

This is all assuming I don't change it btw, I'm willing to change it up a bit should anyone give me suggestions I like for what to do with it

@Goweegie2 , what is Theresa Boshnyak's background? Is her last name an anglicization of Bošnjak (meaning a Bosnian Muslim/ethnic Bosniak or, archaically, any person from Bosnia)?

[edit: yeah I know its been a while since you posted her wikibox, I've just been forgetting to ask.]

@Goweegie2 , what is Theresa Boshnyak's background? Is her last name an anglicization of Bošnjak (meaning a Bosnian Muslim/ethnic Bosniak or, archaically, any person from Bosnia)?

[edit: yeah I know its been a while since you posted her wikibox, I've just been forgetting to ask.]
Well I know that there’s a lot of Croatians in IRL Tierra del Fuego, so maybe that carries over to this TL.

Speaking of Tierra del Fuego, it was often called “Fireland” in formal English uses back in the day, so it would probably be called that. I know it doesn’t sound too good, but it’s very likely in this scenario.

Well I know that there’s a lot of Croatians in IRL Tierra del Fuego, so maybe that carries over to this TL.

Speaking of Tierra del Fuego, it was often called “Fireland” in formal English uses back in the day, so it would probably be called that. I know it doesn’t sound too good, but it’s very likely in this scenario.

There are Croats there ITTL as well, there's a language or ethnicity map in here somewhere. That's part of why I asked.

Yep! Boshnyak (which is anglicized from Bošnjak) is technically her married name but her maiden name is Vrdoljak which is also Croatian, and both her and her husband's families originate in TTL's Yugoslavia (OTL Croatia and Bosnia), with them both identifying as ethnically Croatian on the census

Not so much Tierra del Fuego ITTL as southern Magellan, but yeah

I kept it called Tierra del Fuego ITTL bcs rule of cool

There are Croats there ITTL as well, there's a language or ethnicity map in here somewhere. That's part of why I asked.
Yep, you can find it right here! I actually just made it on Sunday lol

Empire of Brazil; Emperor Luiz; Geraldo Alckmin; Juscelino Kubitschek
Who asked for a Brazil update? Nobody? Well here's one anyway!

This was originally gonna have an attached news article but I lost all my inspect-elementing to a singular misclick

brazil_collage.png

US President Mark Hanna; Battle of Red Jacket; Assassination of Mark Hanna; Andrew Kangas
I decided today's update should have some local flavor from where I'm from.

Mark Hanna
was an American businessman and politician who served as President of the United States from 1901 to his assassination in 1904. A staunchly pro-business president, today he is perhaps best remembered for his involvement in the Battle of Red Jacket, in which he sent in the National Guard to crush a copper miners' strike in the village of Red Jacket, Michigan in December 1903.

The following February, he would travel to Red Jacket to personally thank the guardsmen involved for their role in crushing the strike. While taking a carriage up Sixth Street in Red Jacket he would be shot and killed by a Finnish-born miner named Andrew Kangas who was involved in the strike. Nearby police officers would then rush Kangas, shooting him to death as well. Some witnesses report Kangas' last words after he was shot were "history will remember me as a hero, can Hanna say the same?"

Today, while most simply forget Hanna and the events surrounding his assassination, Kangas is considered a folk hero by many on the American hard left. The street where the assassination happened was later renamed to Andrew Kangas Boulevard. Hanna's tomb was later erected in Red Jacket, a move which has drawn the ire of many locals. The national reaction to the events of Red Jacket led to the Farmer-Labor Party winning the presidency for the first time ever in the 1904 election, and Hanna's National Republican Party never again winning a presidential election. Gustave Kinnunen, the de facto leader of the striking miners at Red Jacket, would later be pardoned and made Secretary of Labor.

mark_hanna_collage.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.