Thousand-Week Reich - A 'realistic' Nazi victory scenario

My very uneducated guess and justification for this is that they are very small countries, so having a stable government is much easier, but beyond that, to be honest I don't really know.

What is the ITTL history of the Baltic nations? Are they brutalized by the Generalplan? Do they become Nazi puppets?

What is the ITTL history of the Baltic nations? Are they brutalized by the Generalplan? Do they become Nazi puppets?

Yes, they are affected by Generalplan Ost to varying degrees, but spared the worst that is handed out to the Slavs. A lot of them survive, and many Estonians are 'encouraged' to move to Finland (from which many can later return relatively safely, while some choose to stay). So, pretty bad, but not as bad as for like, the Poles or Ukrainians.

Yes, they are affected by Generalplan Ost to varying degrees, but spared the worst that is handed out to the Slavs. A lot of them survive, and many Estonians are 'encouraged' to move to Finland (from which many can later return relatively safely, while some choose to stay). So, pretty bad, but not as bad as for like, the Poles or Ukrainians.

The Baltic nations have an infuriatingly depressing history both OTL and ITTL.

Seriously, what do you think is the reason for France's "relative" dysfunctions compared to Western Europe? A naive newcomer may think that a country like France could or should be more like the UK.[/QUOTE]

The UK, while they had a "London can take it" attitude had to only deal with bombings. The bombing over the UK was bad but it was the worst and most sucsessful attack on British soil since, what? The glorious revolution in 1700? France on the other hand has had to deal with two thousand years of invasions from every damn side, 9 times out of ten from Germans. Prussia humiliated them barely 70 years prior to 1941 and then you hadtww1, a huge chunk of which was fought on french soil. The British live in fear of invasion, the french experienced it frequently. They got a way bigger chip on their shoulder for that very reason.

The UK, while they had a "London can take it" attitude had to only deal with bombings. The bombing over the UK was bad but it was the worst and most sucsessful attack on British soil since, what? The glorious revolution in 1700? France on the other hand has had to deal with two thousand years of invasions from every damn side, 9 times out of ten from Germans. Prussia humiliated them barely 70 years prior to 1941 and then you hadtww1, a huge chunk of which was fought on french soil. The British live in fear of invasion, the french experienced it frequently. They got a way bigger chip on their shoulder for that very reason.

It seems ASB that OTL Charles De Gaulle, the quintessential arrogant Frenchmen, would try and seek reconciliation with her German counterpart, considering years and years of German-French hostilities.

The Geopolitics that got us to the Moon

A little look into space exploration in TWR

moon.png

Weirdly I wished I lived in this world because it so much better than ours in current times
Edit
In current times without look at the history

Last edited:
The 100 million people who died as a result of Generalplan Ost ITTL would disagree with you on that.
current times current times current time this would in current time without viewing the history of this world. since the nazis existed for 20 years though if you include that then this world is so so much worse I agree with you sorry for not making it clear in my quote

He's an option for President of Russia if the republic is pushed all the way back to Sakhlin, and possibly an option for President if the USSR breaks up.

Yeah, I'm aware that's the case in the mod, but things that are possible in the mod are not necessarily canon in the standalone timeline.

Not sure what'd happen to him. In the HOI4 mod I think he ends up in the far east, but that's a bit random. Not sure really. Got any ideas?
Maybe he gets betrayed after the war and goes to run like a little rebellion for a democratic Russia. Maybe he tries to save Jews or smuggle them out or something.