Should we change this title to "The Big 4 comics industry"

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes but it will have to change when Image comics is formed?

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No Fawcett comics survives is a good title

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Actually, here's an idea, maybe in the early 80s, because Diitko owns the rights to him, Fawcett ends up with Static anyway. Also, i just realised, you kinda made Static debut 10 years early. His first appearance was in 1983, not 73.

Actually, here's an idea, maybe in the early 80s, because Diitko owns the rights to him, Fawcett ends up with Static anyway. Also, i just realised, you kinda made Static debut 10 years early. His first appearance was in 1983, not 73.
Sorry about that I could not find anything about Steve Ditkos Static it's fixed now

David_Angar_%28Earth-616%29_from_Official_Handbook_of_the_Marvel_Universe_Vol_2_1_0002.jpg

In 1973 Angar the Screamer appeared in Mr. Scarlet # 57 though not initially a popular villain David Angar would become instrumental in the Doves cry storyline making him a formidable advisory for Hawk and Dove

Sorry about that I could not find anything about Steve Ditkos Static it's fixed now

There's stuff out there. Wikipedia offers some info, but there are free comics out there to read too. That being said, I'm hoping to see Static in Fawcett come the 80s. Also, more Hawk and Dove Villains. They truly are the Spider-Man of Fawcett.

There's stuff out there. Wikipedia offers some info, but there are free comics out there to read too. That being said, I'm hoping to see Static in Fawcett come the 80s. Also, more Hawk and Dove Villains. They truly are the Spider-Man of Fawcett.
Well my idea is that since Fawcett doesn't e to explain that Hawk & Dove have nothing to do with Hawkman they become more accessible as for Angor becoming their villain is a riff on how Purple man was seen as a lame Daredevil villain before Bendis created Jessica Jones

Fawcett comics survives
PSX_20191218_122033.jpg
In July of 1973 Tomb of Dracula #10 revealed a new antagonist for the undead in Blade the Vampire slayer an original character for Atlas comics that is half vampire whowould alliance himself with the legacy Vampire hunters from comics.
Blades introduction would influence Fawcett to change Hunchback from a Street level hero to a supernatural fighter teaming up with the likes of Creeper, and Ghost Rider leading those comics to merge into a Supernatural hero team the following year as well as DC comics using the Dell monster heroes into the Owl & the Creature Commandos run.

Still hoping that Phantom Eagle will be in that team. Haven't heard much about him lately.

Also, looking forward to Paramount setting up their network in this decade successfully ITTL. Hopefully, they'll still work with Saban to bring the youth of America some great Fawcett Cartoons.

Maybe the equivalent of crisis is a crossover of ALL the big companies

otl black Adam was also great when dc fleshed him out. Superman as a balance between truth and justice and being socially conscious is a better angle. In real life someone who arbitrarily did what supes in the golden age did would be horrifying.

Last edited:
Do you think with the market as competitive as it is ittl one of the big four would go after Thunderfist and some of the Canadian Golden Age heroes? Some of them like Nyloka have a pretty strong American following. Not sure how Canadian copyright law would effect them.

So, what is Killjoy to Fawcett anyhow? Some sort of Objectivist silent fusion of The Punisher and Deadpool?
To Quote River Song ..."SPOILERS "
But seriously at the moment Killjoy is nothing more than the manifestation of Steve Ditkos frustration with the American legal system (much like any good 70s action movie) but in a couple of years Killjoy will have his own identity

Last edited:
Fawcett comics survives
In November of 1973 the Canadian lumber workers went on strike. The strike would contribute to a paper shortage in North America affect the big 4 comics industry leading to the cancelation of numerous titles and price increases in the next two years. Jonny Carson's accidental panic about a potential toilet paper shortage did not help matters. Atlas and Charlton comics not having a parent companies with a Paperback novel division (Warner novels, Gold metal books) were left with minor cancellations to their low selling comics. Fawcett & DC would have to make major cuts
DC
  • Doom Challengers (canceled)
  • Metal men (canceled)
  • Lois Lane & Jimmy Olsen comics merged into Superman Family
  • Batwoman (canceled)
  • Weird Worlds
  • Green Lantern/Green Arrow (canceled)
  • Metamorpho (became a back up feature in Action comics)
Fawcett
  • Funnyman (canceled)
  • Avenger (canceled)
  • Tippy Teen (canceled)
  • Hunchback, Ghost Rider, Creeper, & Phantom Eagle (merged into a supernatural horror team title)
  • Whiz comics (canceled)
  • Captain Marvel jr. (Canceled)
The cancelation of Captain Marvel jr was a controversial decision considering that the Captain Marvel jr comics were infact outselling the Mary Marvel titles causing rumors of nepotism from editor Otto Binder. Said Rumors would haunt Otto Binder until his retirement andwould be a decided factor in Mary Binder leaving the industry the following year.

Last edited:
Poor Mary. She didn't deserve that. Still, kind of a dumb move by Otto to Cancel Jr. Still, something had to go I suppose. Also, ideas.

1. Put Ditko in charge of the Horror team's artwork. His style is VERY fitting for such an outing and he's done his fair share of Horror stuff in the past for Creepy.
  2. Why not bring Tippy back later down the line? Better still, have her be a resident of the Golden Earth and come into possession of Diamond Jack's old ring, making her a superhero. ''Diamond Tip.''

Last edited:
Why would Brainiac stay with Fawcett? That seems like you're neutering DC
Because his creators never left Fawcett. Otto Binder only left for DC because Fawcett no longer existed in terms of comics. So Brainiac being Fawcett's makes perfect sence.

The whole situation is weird. The base idea (buff guy with cape and black hair) is absolutely a ripoff of Superman and while Beck and Binder definitely had integrity and did their own thing they were instructed (so I’ve heard) to create a knockoff.

DC was dickish but the claims of plagiarism weren’t entirely false

I also think what DC did with black Adam (having him be someone who would be a hero in the Bronze Age but a thug today) works well and 52s arc was absolutely heartbreaking