Really loved this the roller coaster of emotion at the end.

Also, I noticed that cloning store is staffed by identical employees in pairs of two. Perhaps the company is being cheeky and hiring twins, it’s also possible this means human clones exist and are common enough to be part of civilian life by alt-2019.

mspence

Banned
It would be interesting to see the effects of legalized cloning here...would people be able to clone loved ones who died, the way some people have cloned their pets IRL?

It would be interesting to see the effects of legalized cloning here...would people be able to clone loved ones who died, the way some people have cloned their pets IRL?
Apparently that is the main concern. What happens when cloning is so widely available, the the threat of nuclear annihilation loses its scary aspects?

In the meantime, here are the latest bits from Agent Dale Petey:

https://www.hbo.com/content/dam/hbodata/series/watchmen/peteypedia/06/blake-memo-actual-work.pdf

Also, here is an article explaining who Lady Trieu is and her background, which is covered in secrecy:

https://www.hbo.com/content/dam/hbodata/series/watchmen/peteypedia/06/lady-trieu-fact-or-fiction.pdf

According to Bleeding Cool, the following was uncovered:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/1...m-president-robert-redfords-timeline-preview/

“President Redford has had several VPs over the duration of his multiple terms. In his failed bid to oust Nixon in ’88, his running mate was Jerry Brown. Recalculating in ’92 to appeal to more centrist voters, Redford selected Nebraska Senator Bob Kerrey, who served as his V.P. until 2000. With the beginnings of a liberal Supreme Court starting to take shape and with his approval in the mid-sixties, Redford made the bold move of replacing Kerrey on the ticket with Illinois Senator Carol Mosely Braun. V.P. Braun held office until 2009, at which point she resigned for reasons unknown.

With his popularity slipping in the middle of the country and under incredible pressure from the right and the Independents who elected (and re-elected and re-elected) him, Redford appointed Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura to the Vice Presidency. Despite rumors that Ventura had leveraged the Administration with evidence about the government’s involvement in 11/2, the gambit paid off and Redford/Ventura eked out a victory in 2012. Unfortunately, V.P. Ventura passed away two weeks after the election (under mysterious circumstances to say the least), forcing yet another appointment. Again, appealing to the center, Redford appointed Delaware Senator Joe Biden, who remains his Vice President to this day (and is most certainly going to run in 2020!)”

● If you’re a fan of Sneakers, we’ve got some bad news:

“‘Sneakers’ was never made, as “hacking” never became a pop culture thing in the nineties due to the absence of computers and Internet in mainstream society. But one might assume that it might become a thing in years to come as the Internet rolls out.”

● Author John Grisham (The Pelican Deposition) was appointed and confirmed to the Supreme Court in 2002 – but the confirmation battle was a contentious one.

● Scarlett Johansson has her own “swashbuckler-spy” film franchise as Black Sash in Charlton’s “Marauders” series – with Crisis On Infinite Seas currently in production.

● President Redford’s final film as an actor was Out of Africa, and stepped down from any leadership role in the Sundance Film Festival and the Sundance Institute.

Last edited:

I noticed there seem to be some slight spoilers in the first entry. Wonder if that was intentional on HBO’s part.

Anyway the episode itself was pretty good. I I particularly liked the quasi-time travel angle though I can’t help but note that it makes Manhattan seem a bit like a certain other Doctor.

I'll be honest.....some parts of Watchmen (like Nixon being president 4 times) were silly even by comic book standards. And if there is one thing Doomsday Clock did right (heretical I know) it's that Ozy's plan falls apart fairly quickly because lets be honest it was built on brittle glass

I'll be honest.....some parts of Watchmen (like Nixon being president 4 times) were silly even by comic book standards. And if there is one thing Doomsday Clock did right (heretical I know) it's that Ozy's plan falls apart fairly quickly because lets be honest it was built on brittle glass
Then again, consider that the Watchmen TV series is also pretty accurate in the response of the public of Rorschach. Consider he was always a borderline schizophrenic racist, homophobe and all-around sexist. Reading his journal to get to the last 5 pages would have been a challenge to even the most dedicated reader or hardcore believer. Its certainly realistic that Rorschach would certainly get published in New Frontiersman but, like anyone who has read Behold A Pale Horse or similar conspiracy tropes, and the fact that "squid rains" have continued would seem to make it easy to dismiss Rorschach and his journal as the rantings of a person who clearly needed psychiatric help....

Doomsday clock also played with both. At first the journal is published.....and nothing happens. It’s only when President Redford needs to distract people that he reopens it. Rorschach 2 is also forced to face that no the original Kovacs was bug$)@! insane and destroyed his dads marriage.

My issue is that even if the diary isn’t leaked things would fall apart because let’s face it humans are ALWAYS going to find SOMETHING to disagree about (it’s like the mineshaft gap in Doctor Strangelove)

funnily enough both are concluding and it would be interesting to see someone do a compare

Doomsday clock also played with both. At first the journal is published.....and nothing happens. It’s only when President Redford needs to distract people that he reopens it. Rorschach 2 is also forced to face that no the original Kovacs was bug$)@! insane and destroyed his dads marriage.

My issue is that even if the diary isn’t leaked things would fall apart because let’s face it humans are ALWAYS going to find SOMETHING to disagree about (it’s like the mineshaft gap in Doctor Strangelove)

funnily enough both are concluding and it would be interesting to see someone do a compare
Then again, I like the varying results of the conspiracy. Consider that contrary to popular belief, there is never a uniform reaction to information being revealed. Consider that 1/3 of people in America are prepared to go down believing "Trump did no wrong", even if he came into the Senate with a severed head and bloody knife. I like to see the series as the Schrodinger cat analogy of varying results from the same course of action....