Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Shanxi and Hebei is an unusual grouping to begin with, since they're separated by mountains with only a few passes, while Hebei has a river connection to Henan and Shandong has no mountains in the way. The really outrageous thing is the way it awkwardly slices through Inner Mongolia.

The whole unit is a bit like Libya annexing Sudan and Algeria.

Thank you for the explanation. So as if I yeeted Nevada (sans Vegas), Utah, Colorado, Oregon and Washington into the same administrative unit?

Since we seem to be on a Nazi kick right now, may I add the Fuhrermuseum?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Führermuseum

Fuhrermuseum_model.jpg
I actually learned about this from a novel called All the Light we Cannot asee

2e41504dc6557798330f299ce4e10554.jpg

Can't remember if I've shown this here before, but here's Al-Quaeda's planned super-caliphate. It's interesting how it compares to ISIL's map.

bakou-10.jpg

Here we have the oft-overlooked military plan Operation Pike, whose goal was to destroy the Soviet oil industry.

After the division of Poland and the signing of the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, the UK and France began looking for a way to destroy or at least weaken the USSR's economy. Noticing Germany's reliance on Soviet oil imports, they began looking into the possibility of hitting the oil refineries of the Caucasus, particularly Baku, where 90% of oil extraction and 80% of refinement took place. The goal would be crippling two countries for the price of one.

Serious planning began after the Winter War, with aerial reconnaissance and the movement of bombers to the Middle east. The French were more gung-ho about the operation, but the British were a lot more cautious. There were fears that the bombing run might lead to a German-Russian alliance against Western europe. Unfortunately, after Nazi Germany invaded France, the plans were discovered. However, after Operation Barbarossa, the plan was revived as a possibility to deny the Nazis access to oil fields.

But either way, with around 100 bombers only capable of carrying half a ton of bombs each, low payload and poor accuracy, it was extremely unlikely that they would've had a huge success on bombing the oil facilities. Not to mention, if the plan had actually succeeded and were carried out during Barbarossa, Russia would have suffered far more of the impact and it actually may have weakened the country at a time when a massive bulwark was desperately needed. Whether or not that would actually be the catalyst for a Nazi victory is open to debate.

I find in some old, 1920s newspaper note about some plan or idea of Alexandre Ribot to unite Austria with Poland and Yugoslavia (before or during ww1 I guess)... do you know something about that?

(and theres quick-map how maybe could... or couldn´t? such state looks...)

Attachments

• Ribot Austriche.png
    Ribot Austriche.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 733
Does anyone have a QBAM map of some proposed U.S. states that was posted around a year ago?
I remember it had Kansas with Oklahoma north of 36.30 degrees north, Nebraska south of the Platte River, and parts of Colorado that was apart of the Kansas Territory.

2e41504dc6557798330f299ce4e10554.jpg

Can't remember if I've shown this here before, but here's Al-Quaeda's planned super-caliphate. It's interesting how it compares to ISIL's map.
I mean, I can't help but wonder if this is an actual map of if this guy just said "all Muslims should unite under me because I said so" and someone with MS Paint took it away. Especially with an organization like Al-Qaeda, who's aims and goals have a tendency to adjust to "whatever they need to be."