Should we change this title to "The Big 4 comics industry"

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes but it will have to change when Image comics is formed?

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No Fawcett comics survives is a good title

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think if Stan cannot get ‘Power Rangers’ he’ll look for an Alt and there is Gatchaman- animated or if he would have a show ready.

Stan was a fan of animation - he was involved in the Spider-Man, FF etc shows.

I think if Stan cannot get ‘Power Rangers’ he’ll look for an Alt and there is Gatchaman- animated or if he would have a show ready.

Stan was a fan of animation - he was involved in the Spider-Man, FF etc shows.

No, I'm pretty sure he'd want to do Sun Vulcan. Probably would even try to bring them into the main Universe.

Thinking about Image comics from the poll, now I'm wondering how this timeline will affect characters and series like Invincible, Icon, or Sentry. Unless the Superman movie leads to a resurgence for the character, it's much more likely they'll be influenced by The Big Red Cheese than the Big Blue Boyscout.

Thinking about Image comics from the poll, now I'm wondering how this timeline will affect characters and series like Invincible, Icon, or Sentry. Unless the Superman movie leads to a resurgence for the character, it's much more likely they'll be influenced by The Big Red Cheese than the Big Blue Boyscout.

It'll probably be both. Supes movie comes first, after all. Marvel's 1st movie probably won't come till the 80s.

Fawcett comics survives
220px-Spider-Man_Death-of-Gwen-Stacy.jpg

In June of 1973 Atlas comics stepped up their game with Spider-Man after being the first mainstream comic to release a story without the comics code authority (because it was about drugs) by killing off Peter Parker's girlfriend Gwen Stacy marking the end of the Silverage of comicbooks.
Stan Lee who was out of the country at the time of publication was furious over this decision causing writer Roy Thomas to leave Atlas comics

Maybe Roy Should consider heading over to DC or back to Charlton? BTW, @THeaven. Didn't you say that you wanted to introduce Howard the Duck to Fawcett this year?

Maybe Roy Should consider heading over to DC or back to Charlton? BTW, @THeaven. Didn't you say that you wanted to introduce Howard the Duck to Fawcett this year?
Yes I did perhaps Roy's firing caused Steve Gerber to look elsewhere for his original characters (minis Man-Thing & Jennifer Kale)

Hoo boy, here we go.

Also, I had an epiphany for the Captain Marvel movie. Maybe they could use the same sort of rotoscoping technology from Who Framed Roger Rabbit to bring Mr. Mind to life in a unique way.

Hoo boy, here we go.

Also, I had an epiphany for the Captain Marvel movie. Maybe they could use the same sort of rotoscoping technology from Who Framed Roger Rabbit to bring Mr. Mind to life in a unique way.
If we bring in A Captain Marvel movie early and have Mr. Mind I was thinking of using Jim Hensons workshop instead

I'm not saying do it early, it could still be an 80s film with that idea, since Roger Rabbit didn't come out til 88. Sorry, looking too far ahead again, I'll focus on the 70s.

On the subject of Gwen Stacy, is the Captain, or more likely Billy himself, going to get a girlfriend?

Although Jim Henson's workshop should work on the effects for the monsters. 80s movie or not.

And yeah, will we be seeing the debuts of Killjoy, Howard and Not-Liberty Belle soon?

Fawcett comics survives
PSX_20191211_111801.jpg

Since Batman & Robin gueststarred on the New Scooby doo movies in 1971 Hanna Barbera had been trying to set up a collaboration With DC comics in 1973 the collaboration gave us Superfriends a series based on the Team Justice League airing on ABC from 1973-1978 the series stared
  • Danny Dark as Superman
  • Olan Soule as Batman
  • Casey Kasem as Robin
  • Shannon Farnon as Wonder Woman & Hawkgirl
  • Ted Knight as the Narrator & Flash
  • Norman Alden as Aquaman
  • Sherry Alberoni as Wendy (first season only)
  • Frank Welker as Marvin & Wonderdog ( first season only)
  • Jack Angel as Hawkman & Samurai
  • Buster Jones as Green Lantern
  • Wally Burr as Dollman
  • Michael Rye as Apache Chief
  • Michael Bell as Zan & Gleek (2nd season on)
  • Louise Williams as Jayna (2nd season on)
Though Marvin & Wendy were short lived in the series both characters thanks to the Superfriends comics by Jack Kirby & show creator Alex Toth giving the origins of the Teen heroes which were to good for DC comics to ignore, and after they were dropped from the series Marvin Prince who is revealed to be the Son of the nurse Wonder Woman used the identity of when she came to Mans world would Show up in in Wonder Woman 201 as her Male sidekick, and Wendy Harris appearing in Detective comics 222 as Barbera Gordon's cousin who discovered Batman's secret identity and would be a love intrest for Robin.
Rumor has it that Superfriends would have another series introducing their own version of the Injustice League with Ted Cassidy reprising his role as Black Manta, and Alan Oppenheimer reprising his role as Gentleman Ghost but with Warner brothers working on the Superman movie William Hanna & Joseph Barbera didn't want to step on their toes and instead worked on getting the Batman rights away from Filmmation. The collaboration between HB & DC would have Hanna Barbera slowly shift their comics license away from Charlton comics to DC

Last edited:
Hot dog, John Stewart is the king of animated Green Lanterns. And those are definitely better fates for the Wonder Twins than when they were introduced in comics IOTL.

Speaking of Jim Henson, Tawky Tawny would definitely be one of their puppets. And I actually have some cast ideas if anyone would be interested.

Hot dog, John Stewart is the king of animated Green Lanterns. And those are definitely better fates for the Wonder Twins than when they were introduced in comics IOTL.

Speaking of Jim Henson, Tawky Tawny would definitely be one of their puppets. And I actually have some cast ideas if anyone would be interested.
Start a conversation in the inbox if you like

Fawcett comics survives
After Steve Gerber left Atlas comics he was picked up by Fawcett and was put on their Superhero anthology series
marvel_family_title_design_by_sjvernon_d9s1e8u-fullview.png

Issue 247 where he asked the question where did Talking Tawny come from? Gerber decided that tiger came from universe of talking animals and with the world building Gerber introduced Tawny the Tiger's Fowl mouth rival Howard the Duck who became instantly popular
Howard_the_Duck_first_appearance.jpg