Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not gonna lie, one reason I was nervous including China in my global map was because I was worried about people flinging shit about Taiwan / Tibet / me calling China a very similar term to the ROC.

That said, Cattette again drops a awesome map. Its like a ISIS-Wolfenstein.

Wait a fucking

that germany is very familiar

Edit: Actually this is just a better version of Europe in WUTD

Edit: comparison
Knew it
Nah you just gave me the idea to add subdivisions. I tried to keep them as different as I could from yours by making most of then based off of OTL internals

Knew it
Nah you just gave me the idea to add subdivisions. I tried to keep them as different as I could from yours by making most of then based off of OTL internals
Which is interesting because all of my subdivisions are just ripped straight from OTL lmao

It's fine I'm just happy with the Germany colour being used honestly. Maybe it's because I made it, but IMO it is the best Nazi colour I've seen.

Deleted member 107125

View attachment 507604
The Federated States of the World Caliphate! Check it out on DeviantArt since it allows for larger sized images.

As Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi found out, founding your own Caliphate in the modern-day isn't as easy as you'd expect. With modern lightfast communication accessible in affordable devices small enough to fit in your pockets you'd surely expect this realm to function like a well-tuned clock. But as it turns out, rebel insurgencies also have lightfast communication. Soon finding sympathies with these rebel factions (in fact, he too used to be a rebel in his glory days), he sought out to federalize his subjects to allow some degree of self-governance for the member states.

Comprising of several states with one large central unified one (kinda like the Russian Federation), the World Caliphate is one of the leading economies in the world. From the sands to Sahara to the sands of Arabia and the sands of Kyzylkum, the World Caliphate is without a doubt one of the most diverse states out there. Though arguably responsible for some of the largest genocides in human history, it's still a pretty cool place to live, if you're a Sunni Arab.
noice

So here’s a couple things I made, heavily inspired by the “layers of irredentism” maps made by DinoSpain and Dom-Bul on Deviantart. Starting with the darkest shade, the layers shown are as follows:

ntref136ok341.png

Layer 1: Current Russian territory

Layer 2: Majority-Russian territory bordering Russia, also Transnistria since 97% of them are in favour of unification with Russia

Layer 3: Abkhazia, South Ossetia and the rest of Ukraine minus the Carpathian province

Layer 4: The rest of the former USSR

Layer 5: The rest of the former Russian Empire

Layer 6: Other Slavic countries

Layer 7: Other areas included in Dom-Bul’s “9 layers of Russian irredentism” map

Layer 8: The rest of the Warsaw Pact, and other Russian expansion suggested by Vladimir Zhirinovsky, Aleksandr Dugin and Maurice Romberg

8c47clviok341.png

Layer 1: Current PRC-controlled territory

Layer 2: Current ROC-controlled territory

Layer 3: Official PRC and/or ROC territorial claims

Layer 4: Other territory historically owned by China

Layer 5: Suggested future Chinese territorial claims

Layer 6: Other Chinese expansion historically considered by Sun Yat-sen, Chiang Kai-shek and Igor Panarin

Layer 7: The rest of East Asia and the East Asian cultural sphere

Last edited:

Oh god are we going to spam Russia wanks again? I’m not ready for it.

Tbh I guess north Iran should be darker, also some very light claim on the west coast down to Northern California

Also it’s weird the west coast is coloured on that China map but not say the phillipines

Oh god are we going to spam Russia wanks again? I’m not ready for it.

Nope, just this one.

Tbh I guess north Iran should be darker, also some very light claim on the west coast down to Northern California

Also it’s weird the west coast is coloured on that China map but not say the phillipines

I made my methods clear, if you have a source showing Russian ambitions in Northern Iran or Chinese ambitions in the Philippines, please show me.

Deleted member 107125

So here’s a couple things I made, heavily inspired by the “layers of irredentism” maps made by DinoSpain and Dom-Bul on Deviantart. Starting with the darkest shade, the layers shown are as follows:

ntref136ok341.png

Layer 2: Majority-Russian territory bordering Russia, also Transnistria since 97% of them are in favour of unification with Russia

Layer 3: Abkhazia, South Ossetia and the rest of Ukraine minus the Carpathian province

Layer 7: Other areas included in Dom-Bul’s “9 layers of Russian irredentism” map

Layer 8: The rest of the Warsaw Pact, and other Russian expansion suggested by Vladimir Zhirinovsky, Aleksandr Dugin and Maurice Romberg

8c47clviok341.png

Layer 5: Other Chinese expansion historically considered by Sun Yat-sen, Chiang Kai-shek and Igor Panarin

Layer 6: The rest of East Asia and the East Asian cultural sphere
Is there a blank version of this map to use for other such claims?

I think the idea of Africans ruling over white slaves is...really questionable. There's a reason Europeans used African slaves IOTL, and it's because neither Native Americans nor Europeans could survive tropical diseases well enough to make good slaves on Caribbean or South American plantations. They tried to use white labor, oh they tried, but ultimately only African slaves could turn a profit.

I think in a TL where Africans colonized the New World, they would be using African labor, either colonists, indentured servants, or, yes, slaves. Whether or not they use slaves in equal numbers to OTL probably has a lot to do with economic and geopolitical factors.

Not necessarily the case, IOTL the Barbary States kept up slave raids on Southern Europe and even the British Isles into the 19th century. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_slave_trade

Something I've been doodling on. Made it in the new version of MS Paint, so sorry for some of the weird stuff on it. I couldn't figure out how to get all the tools working correctly:

blank-map-of-in-there-is-a-separate-list-each-city-on-this-site-maps-europe-eastern-quiz.jpg

POD is in the reign of Emperor Maurice. No Great War between the Persians and Romans, letting them drive the initial Arab invasion back without too much territory lost. The Arabs drove the Persians behind the Zagros Mountains, and captured both Syria and Palestine from the Romans, but were kept out of Egypt, Armenia, and Anatolia by the Romans. Over the next few centuries the Romans and Persians recovered, and utlimately retook their territories as Arab power weakened. The Bulgars and Slavs were held north of the Danube, forming their own kingdoms on what OTL would be the Hungarian plain. Roman power was on the upswing in the 900s, while Persia was on its terminal decline. This led to a Roman conquest of Mesopotamia, including the territories along the Tigris and Euphrates and the entire Caucus region. Then things took a massive downswing in the 1000s. Turkish migrants destroyed what remained of the Sassanid Empire, and swept through the new conquests, driving the Romans back to Anatolia in the Middle East and to the Nile in Egypt. At this same time the Romans faced invasions from the resurgent Frankish Kingdom, and Gothic attacks in Spain. They lost a lot of ground, but eventually managed to stablize the West with help from Normans out of Scandinavia, who had taken England and were threatening the Franks.

The Roman Emperor crowned a Norman king as Emperor, and the Normans conquered Western Francia, creating the Kingdom of Gale (i.e. Gaul) out of the territory.

The map above is about two hundred years later. The Romans have recovered, and then backslid again. This time caused by the alt-Mongols. These invaders smashed the Turkic kingdoms set up in Persia and drove all the way to Constantinople from both the north and East, raving Anatolia and the Balkans as they did so. Roman attention was completely focused on them, leading various local leaders to revolt against Constantinople to defend themselves from local threats. A resurgent Gothic kingdom in Spain (now more Spanish than Gothic) invading the provinces there, the French invaded Northern Italy, Moors raided Africa, and Arabs raided Syria and Palestine.

Now local warlords have established themselves over those areas and are looking to claim the full Imperial title for themselves.

SpudNutimus

Banned
I just finished up a month of work on my last big project, a world map for my next timeline, Boll Weevil Blues, in 1918. Keep in mind that the following lore summary is just that, a summary, and that while certain points may seem strange or unrealistic, I've put a lot of thought into them, and that there's just too much to put here. With that said, here's the lore: The Boll Weevil arrives in the US South 20 years early in 1863, completely collapsing the Confederate cotton economy and destroying the plantation aristocracy virtually overnight, leading to several slave revolts. After the war, the leaders of many of these slave revolts are put into power as Republican leaders during the military occupation of the South. Lincoln is also never assassinated, and Radical Republicans manage to get him to sign off on the 50% loyalty oath plan after some fierce negotiations. After Lincoln's third term (which he is elected to) ends in 1872, Charles Sumner is elected president for two terms, continuing the reconstruction of the south, and rooting out the KKK and Black Codes, as well as ratifying a 16th "Civil Rights Amendment". This allows Reconstruction to successfully redistribute the land to the freedmen and attain racial equality a century early, instead of regressing into segregation and sharecropping. The Democratic Party also basically dies due to lack of support from Southern plantation owners, and is replaced by the Nationalist Party, who are supported by Western business lobbies and what southern racists there are left. The Nationalists under John Neely Johnson of California win the presidency in 1880, taking power for a single term, full of incompetence and corruption. Johnson finally pulls the military out of the South, but by this point the land is in the hand of smallholders, and the black electorate controls the southern electoral college. In the wake of this corruption-riddled term, a new party, the Proclamation Party, forms in the South, uniting poor blacks and whites together against the influence of big business, with Frederick Douglass at its head. Frederick Douglass wins in a landslide in 1884, and thanks to his control of the Southern electoral college, successful reforms against trusts and monopolies, and an alternate war with Spain which liberates Cuba, Puerto Rico, and the Philippines as independent republics, he wins a whopping four terms, until his death in 1897, when he is replaced by James Baird Weaver until 1900. This all, of course, quickly butterflies to the rest of the world, namely German unification and the Scramble for Africa. The Austro-Prussian War doesn't happen, so the German Confederation stays around and Napoleon III is still in power until the 1880s, when he's overthrown by a left-wing republic that alienates Britain and allies with a constitutional monarchy in Russia and a similar to our timeline Italy. Britain in turn allies with Prussia and Austria, bringing the German Confederation onto their side, and when the Conflagration, this timeline's World War One, starts after an incident in the English Channel in 1907, these powers go to war. In the end France and Russia, along with the US (who now have gone on a staunchly anti-imperialist path thanks to the presidency of Frederick Douglass and the alternate war with Spain) win, and the German Confederation goes into chaos, eventually settling into a few states, mostly under Prussia and Austria, along with concessions to France and Russia. Britain also gets a pretty bloody nose and loses Canada to the US in the peace deal, and is forced to make India and Ireland into Dominions after a wave of riots. Other changes include China having a relatively bloodless revolution in the 1890s and becoming a poor but stable republic, Indonesia (Nusantara) becoming independent earlier on due to international arbitration, and Brazil, Paraguay, and Bolivia losing a four-year war with Argentina in the 1880s. Colonialism in Africa, while still present, also never really carves up the interior of the continent in a chaotic scramble, since anti-colonial voices are louder and the Congo Free State never exists.

http://imgur.com/a/HuJkSxM (It's too big to embed so here's an Imgur link.)

Last edited:
I just finished up a month of work on my last big project, a world map for my next timeline, Boll Weevil Blues, in 1918. Keep in mind that the following lore summary is just that, a summary, and that while certain points may seem strange or unrealistic, I've put a lot of thought into them, and that there's just too much to put here. With that said, here's the lore: The Boll Weevil arrives in the US South 20 years early in 1863, completely collapsing the Confederate cotton economy and destroying the plantation aristocracy virtually overnight, leading to several slave revolts. After the war, the leaders of many of these slave revolts are put into power as Republican leaders during the military occupation of the South. Lincoln is also never assassinated, and Radical Republicans manage to get him to sign off on the 50% loyalty oath plan after some fierce negotiations. After Lincoln's third term (which he is elected to) ends in 1872, Charles Sumner is elected president for two terms, continuing the reconstruction of the south, and rooting out the KKK and Black Codes, as well as ratifying a 16th "Civil Rights Amendment". This allows Reconstruction to successfully redistribute the land to the freedmen and attain racial equality a century early, instead of regressing into segregation and sharecropping. The Democratic Party also basically dies due to lack of support from Southern plantation owners, and is replaced by the Nationalist Party, who are supported by Western business lobbies and what southern racists there are left. The Nationalists under John Neely Johnson of California win the presidency in 1880, taking power for a single term, full of incompetence and corruption. Johnson finally pulls the military out of the South, but by this point the land is in the hand of smallholders, and the black electorate controls the southern electoral college. In the wake of this corruption-riddled term, a new party, the Proclamation Party, forms in the South, uniting poor blacks and whites together against the influence of big business, with Frederick Douglass at its head. Frederick Douglass wins in a landslide in 1884, and thanks to his control of the Southern electoral college, successful reforms against trusts and monopolies, and an alternate war with Spain which liberates Cuba, Puerto Rico, and the Philippines as independent republics, he wins a whopping four terms, until his death in 1897, when he is replaced by James Baird Weaver until 1900. This all, of course, quickly butterflies to the rest of the world, namely German unification and the Scramble for Africa. The Austro-Prussian War doesn't happen, so the German Confederation stays around and Napoleon III is still in power until the 1880s, when he's overthrown by a left-wing republic that alienates Britain and allies with a constitutional monarchy in Russia and a similar to our timeline Italy. Britain in turn allies with Prussia and Austria, bringing the German Confederation onto their side, and when the Conflagration, this timeline's World War One, starts after an incident in the English Channel in 1907, these powers go to war. In the end France and Russia, along with the US (who now have gone on a staunchly anti-imperialist path thanks to the presidency of Frederick Douglass and the alternate war with Spain) win, and the German Confederation goes into chaos, eventually settling into a few states, mostly under Prussia and Austria, along with concessions to France and Russia. Britain also gets a pretty bloody nose and loses Canada to the US in the peace deal, and is forced to make India and Ireland into Dominions after a wave of riots. Other changes include China having a relatively bloodless revolution in the 1890s and becoming a poor but stable republic, Indonesia (Nusantara) becoming independent earlier on due to international arbitration, and Brazil, Paraguay, and Bolivia losing a four-year war with Argentina in the 1880s. Colonialism in Africa, while still present, also never really carves up the interior of the continent in a chaotic scramble, since anti-colonial voices are louder and the Congo Free State never exists.

https://imgur.com/4c8iuG3 (It's too big to embed so here's an Imgur link.)
This map does run into the usual pit-trap of Italian unification happening with French support, yet Italy not ceding Savoy and Nice to France. Which is an issue, and an ugly-looking one at that too.

Map of an Axis France. It is forced to lose some land to Germany and Italy, but after a successful Sealion it is able to to annex England south of the Thames.

not pictured: Algeria and overseas colonies.

credit: modified from this CC file https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:France_départementale.svg

1. Why the fuck did France get Channel Britian? That's going to be at least a part of an English puppet.
2. Why did Germany only get Alsace-Lorraine? There was an area that was marked out in France for German colonisation- what changed to make that not a thing?

ntref136ok341.png

8c47clviok341.png

Layer 6: Other Chinese expansion historically considered by Sun Yat-sen, Chiang Kai-shek and Igor Panarin

Layer 7: The rest of East Asia and the East Asian cultural sphere

How are Idaho and Utah part of the E. Asian sphere, yet the Phillipines and Australia and BC are not?

Status
Not open for further replies.