Rock albums from alternate timelines

boLuzwo.png

POT LUCK WITH ELVIS AND THE BEATLES
(1965)

Side A
1. What You're Doing (Elvis with McCartney)
2. Steppin' Out of Line (Elvis)
3. Word's of Love (Elvis and Lennon)
4. Slowly But Surely (Elvis)
5. Eight Days A Week (Elvis with Lennon)
6. Put The Blame On Me (Elvis)

Side B
1. You'll Be Gone (Elvis with The Beatles)
2. Tell Me What You See (Elvis and McCartney)
3. Bad Boy (Lennon)
4. Shake That Tambourine (Elvis)
5. Yes It Is (Elvis with Harrison and Lennon)

Lol, why not just have Elvis join the Band Full time at this point? It'd make things a lot easier for them since they're getting so close.

Mike's lawsuit isn't going to get very far as it's not up to him to protect the intellectual property rights of Brother Records. His 2005 lawsuit against the Mail On Sunday got dismissed and he had more wiggle room then because he was the one paying for a licence to perform under the Beach Boys name and his face was on the free CD in question. In the 70s when the Beach Boys are still a going concern, he's going to have to find a very stupid lawyer.

Maybe an oldies album around 76’ produced by Brian? So we can have a fully original material Beach Boys album instead of “15 Big Ones” spare for a couple covers like “Just Once In My Life” and “In the Still Of the Night” and John in this TL is probably still in legal troubles with Levy so this could fit. We can put stuff like “Rock Around the Clock” from Nilsson and “You Can’t Catch Me”, “Slippin’ and Slidin’”, etc from John (With the 15 Big Ones thing I don’t wanna make the Beach Boys become basically a nostalgia act like they were in OTL)

Last edited:
The cover is going to be full on Bicentennial/nostalgic cheese, but the contents is a little bit 15BO but a bit more Love You.

Lol, why not just have Elvis join the Band Full time at this point? It'd make things a lot easier for them since they're getting so close.
He is but Col, Parker still has Elvis in the top billing over The Beatles. (Who for right now don't care about it).

Other way round really. Squelchy synths everywhere. Here's the cover with songs titles on the front for that retro touch. The full write up will be when I get the timeline done.

1976TheSpirit.jpg

uqrc7m9.png

ELVIS & THE BEATLES '65

Side A

1. Hey Little Girl (Elvis)
2. Nowhere Man (Lennon and Elvis)
3. You Won't See Me (McCartney)
4. Think For Yourself (Harrison)
5. Don't Be Cruel (Elvis with The Beatles; live in Europe)
6. It's Only Love (Elvis)

Side B
1. Hound Dog (Elvis and The Beatles; live in Europe)
2. Yesterday (Elvis with The Beatles; live in Europe)
3. I'm Looking Through You (McCartney)
4. Animal Instinct (Elvis)
5. Wisdom Of The Ages (Elvis with The Beatles)
6. Blue Suede Shoes (Elvis with The Beatles; live in Europe)

Elvis & The Beatles '65 would mark a new turn in the style of music for the group with The Beatles' songwriting maturing and development of a new sound within their music. The album also contains selected performances from their European Tour, an album of their tour would not be made til the 90's when records of some of the tour where found. The album was originally called Rubber Soul but was changed at the last minute by Col. Parker to just simply Elvis and The Beatles '65. After they finished recording the album, Elvis and The Beatles would go to work on their next album Revolver.

I present you the greatest Beach Bums single.

Long story short on the album "Born Again": Randy Newman was seen as this genius and critical darling who had not transitioned into mainstream popularity. And then "Short People" hit big, but really annoyed Randy Newman. And "Born Again" was the album he made after that, and it was essentially a giant tongue-in-cheek middle finger to everyone that liked "Short People". It was that kind of genius purposely spent to squander you see a lot with Frank Zappa. It was probably a bad decision, as "Short People" put him on the cusp of a big mainstream crossover, and "Born Again" totally snuffed out that potential rather than spring boarding off it. "Trouble in Paradise" later had "I Love L.A.", but Randy Newman could have been a lot bigger. Also, "Mr. Sheep" on that album is another dick-move purposely ersatz song, and it's the one that everyone uses as the stereotypical Randy Newman impersonation.

Last edited:
IckIolH.png

REVOLVER
(1966)

Side A

1. Eleanor Rigby (Elvis and McCartney)
2. Taxman (Harrison)
3. Am I Ready? (Elvis)
4. I'm Only Sleeping (Lennon)
5. Tomorrow Is Such A Long Time (Elvis)
6. Here, There and Everywhere (McCartney)

Side B
1. I'll Remember You (Elvis)
2. Doctor Robert (Lennon)
3. I Want To Tell You (Harrison)
4. Got to Get You into My Life (Elvis)
5. All That I Am (Elvis and McCartney)
6. Rain (Lennon)

Revolver would go on to be what many would call one of the best albums ever made. The album's cover is notable for only featuring Elvis on the cover but if you look closely you can see The Beatles logo on the cover. The picture is of Elvis on March 23, 1957 when he jokingly pulled out a toy gun on a Marine which Presley later apologized for, the reason for it's inclusion was a jab at Col. Parker who always wanted top billing for Elvis. Revolver would outsell previous Elvis and Beatles' records and would be the best selling album until their next album.

Seeing as I haven't posted in any other thread but my own to this point, I thought I'd contribute.

allthingsmustpass_final.jpg

All Things Must Pass by The Beatles
Release Dates: February 11 (UK) & February 15 (US), 1972
Label/Number: Apple 20

SIDE 1
1. Maybe I'm Amazed (McCartney) v-Paul
2. All Things Must Pass (Harrison) v-George
3. Cold Turkey (Harrison-Lennon) v-George & Ringo
4. Ballad Of Sir Frankie Crisp (Harrison) v-George
5. I'm The Greatest (Lennon) v-Ringo
6. Another Day (McCartney) v-Paul
7. Imagine (Lennon) v-John

SIDE 2
1. My Sweet Lord (Harrison) v-George, bv-John & Paul
2. Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey v-Paul, bv-Pattie Harrison & Jane McCartney
3. Apple Scruffs (Harrison) v-George
4. Oh Cynthia! (Lennon) v-John
5. It Don't Come Easy (Harrison-Starkey) v-Ringo, bv-George
6. The Back Seat Of My Car (McCartney) v-Paul
7. Working Class Hero (Lennon) v-John

Background:
Simply put, The Beatles did not break up in 1970. They did however, take one year off from each other after eight years of continuous output. In 1971, they got back together and recorded this album. Of note is that Paul married Jane Asher and John remained married to Cynthia ITTL. The album received a nomination for Album Of The Year and "Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey" was nominated for Record Of The Year in the US.