Return of Horrible Educational Maps

One of my friends sent me this on Discord:

7s3mx63n03241.png

Crazy Boris

Banned
One of my friends sent me this on Discord:

7s3mx63n03241.png

This actually raises an interesting scenario. With the Caribbean enyeetenéd to be neighbors with the Newfies, Columbus would slam straight into Mexico on his first voyage, making for a very different first contact. Had he found himself in the Aztec Empire under Ahuizotl, there’s no telling what would happen, since he probably wouldn’t immediately welcome the newcomers into his palace and give up the ship like his nephew did with Cortes.

This actually raises an interesting scenario. With the Caribbean enyeetenéd to be neighbors with the Newfies, Columbus would slam straight into Mexico on his first voyage, making for a very different first contact. Had he found himself in the Aztec Empire under Ahuizotl, there’s no telling what would happen, since he probably wouldn’t immediately welcome the newcomers into his palace and give up the ship like his nephew did with Cortes.
well remember, the Aztecs were more inland--i'd say it's more likely he would land in the Yucatan and encounter Mayans instead

Actually with those islands up there the gulf stream is likely to get a bit re-directed. It will probably still reach France and the British Isles but Scandinavia is likely a bit colder, and Iceland and Greenland are probably a lot colder (that small warm period that allowed small birch forests to grow in South Greenland would very likely never happen here and Life Eriksson will have to think up a new name)

And now for a reverse take have a bad, but indeed educational map.

It was deliberate and from a quiz to see if the examines could identify (and possibly correct) what had been labeled wrong.

badactuallyfromaquiz.jpg

Actually with those islands up there the gulf stream is likely to get a bit re-directed. It will probably still reach France and the British Isles but Scandinavia is likely a bit colder, and Iceland and Greenland are probably a lot colder (that small warm period that allowed small birch forests to grow in South Greenland would very likely never happen here and Life Eriksson will have to think up a new name)

And now for a reverse take have a bad, but indeed educational map.

It was deliberate and from a quiz to see if the examines could identify (and possibly correct) what had been labeled wrong.

My count is ten:
Vienna
London
Madrid
Copenhagen
Bucharest
Oslo
SWEDEN
FRANCE
POLAND
BULGARIA

As it seems Business Insider doesn't have a Map Insider...

I see three major issues:
1) Iraq has been turned into a gulf
2) Iceland has a close big brother to its west
3) The entire map appears to have been slightly squished East to West.

There are a few other issues (Latvia looks wierd, and the double Portugal/Spain border), but other than that not hideous.

I see three major issues:
1) Iraq has been turned into a gulf
2) Iceland has a close big brother to its west
3) The entire map appears to have been slightly squished East to West.

Also Estonia nudged itself into the the Gulf of Riga and has no longer a border with Russia. (and on the new coastline the Business insider managed to misplace St.Petersburg)

Map in Milan Natural Museum showing horse distribution in the Holocene. Dunno if it also means to show ice caps.

At first I wondered if "Olocene" was a misspelled Oligocene but in that case the map would have been even more wrong.

Anyways, since Australia has been mentioned, have here a map with it.

badchurch2.jpg

My actual train of thought while looking at this: "Huh, everything looks fine, let me just look closer at North America...no, it's in the right shape...Eurasia looks good to me, too...let me just scroll down so I can see South America...aaaand one final cursory glance at Australia- OH MY GOODNESS"